+ Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Beta Release] Pwn Your Phone with Windows | Winpwn

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Girrelephant Master Question...does pawning your iPhone erase everything if in iTunes you choose upgrade rather than restore? If you did that it would screw up your phone,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Girrelephant Master View Post
    Question...does pawning your iPhone erase everything if in iTunes you choose upgrade rather than restore?
    If you did that it would screw up your phone, don't upgrade i don't think iTunes would let you upgrade from 1.1.4 ro 1.1.4 anyways.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can anyone upload this file in filecargo or something? coz it very hard to download rapidshare files in our country...

Thanks

After several days of no problems at all, my wifes phone is now freezing up and has to have the power button held down to reboot. Hoping the official release comes soon and fixes these sort of problems.

Thanks

None take it yes i did exactly as the steps say and onestly i don't know why it keeps with the 1011 error when the pwnage tool is creating a totaly new OS in the phone is rewriting everything. using the iTunes to do the job so settings should be changing but for some reson its not doing it. but ill give it try when the full software is abelable, something i notice i wasn't able to do changes with the terminal app it didn't do chmod or nothing and the screen shows a $ sign instade of #

Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
    No Offense, but sounds like a user error. Did you follow the guide?
    One thing what would it happen if insted of doing the Restore you do a DFU with the costume firmware after the firmware was made.
    Last edited by wastaboo; 04-25-2008 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a problem after winpwning the phone... it works like a charm, but there is this internet connection.... it moves horribly slow, i can't even refresh installer sources (the only source i have is the apptapp official), not to speak about installing the BSD subsystem... i left all night long the iphone downloading this package and, it reached about 30%...
    the mail download is also slow, and sometimes doesn't even work...
    anybody with this prob? any fixes?
    i'm starting to think on downgrading to 1.1.2 and do all the way up with the dev team patch, what seems to work nicely, including internet conexion
    (the phone is't trying to connect over edge now, it has no SIM)

Green Apple
    Thanks

First thing to try is to reset network settings. If that doesn't work try to reset all settings. Maybe that will clear up your sluggish internet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it seems magic... the more is the iphone full of sh+t and programs, the better the connection goes and the worse GUI speed... ^_^

it works now, after installing the bsd subsystem and renewing lease and settings...

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

The phone has no service after i pwn it. I did it and the service bars were all low and the AT&T symbol did not show up. I did a restore and tried pwning it again but same problem; no service.

anyone else having this problem?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

^^you need to either replace the lockdown file and set permissions or use bootneuter to unlock the phone to allow service
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emelin27 View Post
    The phone has no service after i pwn it. I did it and the service bars were all low and the AT&T symbol did not show up. I did a restore and tried pwning it again but same problem; no service.

anyone else having this problem?
    I just went through this recently. You will need to download bootneuter from installer, then change the settings to 4.6 with everything on including unlock. Once done reboot and you'll have service again. If you don't have service after bootneuter, there is a post in this thread with a link to the lockdown file, just upload it to the phone with winscp, reboot and you'll have service. I hated that I had to unlock for AT&T to work, but it should be fixed in the official release.

Thanks

I got mine to work on ATT with bootneuter but leaving my BL at 3.9 with unlock. (my iPhone was originally a 1.0.2)

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

I made my PC to a dual boot machine, 1 partition is running Win XP, the other Leo OSX86.

This mainly to PWN my iPhone with Pwnage1.1 in a Mac system and secondly to shorten the time waiting for my Mac to arrive.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    I made my PC to a dual boot machine, 1 partition is running Win XP, the other Leo OSX86.

This mainly to PWN my iPhone with Pwnage1.1 in a Mac system and secondly to shorten the time waiting for my Mac to arrive.
    You could have just setup a virtual machine with vmware and not had to go through the drive changes and dual boot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mate i can't access itunes to restore the custom file. it tells me to activate the phone first. Please help anybody

Green Apple
    Thanks

I get this every time I try to open it:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001350). Click on OK to terminate the application.
    I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still got the same thing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you copy the 2 needed .dll files in the same folder then winpwn ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any idea when this is coming out of beta? I've been waiting to do this to my phone but I need to unlock the baseband as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    I get this every time I try to open it:

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still got the same thing
    you need to download and install .NET Framework 2.0 on your PC.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    ^^you need to either replace the lockdown file and set permissions or use bootneuter to unlock the phone to allow service
    thanks for helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    I just went through this recently. You will need to download bootneuter from installer, then change the settings to 4.6 with everything on including unlock. Once done reboot and you'll have service again. If you don't have service after bootneuter, there is a post in this thread with a link to the lockdown file, just upload it to the phone with winscp, reboot and you'll have service. I hated that I had to unlock for AT&T to work, but it should be fixed in the official release.

thanks man, but now that i have to go through this unlocking process im not gonna pwn it yet. I'll do like u say and wait for the official final release, but thanks for showing me those steps
    Last edited by PlatoTheForms; 04-28-2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Eh Guys I Have A really big problem..

While I was pwning my ipod My Ipod didn't restart!
    After waiting for an hour I tried to put it on pusing the power button.

Now my ipod doesn't startup anymore. Does somebody know what to do?
    Please help, I'm desperate