Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: gMail goes IMAP!

savagewinter, if you're outside the US, Germany, or UK, 1.1.2 crashes because you don't have an authorized SIM. Download, install and run iWorld to fix your problem.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Thanks
    Gmail's imap all of a sudden stopped working for me. I was just reading e-mails as usual and the next thing you know, a couple hours later it just stopped working. I keep getting the "Cannot Get Mail Invalid credentials (Failure)" message. It never did this before, even when imap was first released but now it does for some reason. I have tried changing the language from US to UK English and UK to US. I have disabled and re-enabled the imap account, deleted the settings, then set up a new account on the iphone, and still nothing works. Any help? I really don't want to have to go back to POP.

Edit: Found out what the problem was. For some reason google disabled my imap account. It wasn't showing it as disabled in settings, but now when I go to settings, imap is not there at all, there is no option there to enable or disable it, I hope they fix it soon.
    Last edited by Sirhc35; 12-30-2007 at 10:45 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc35 View Post
    Gmail's imap all of a sudden stopped working for me. I was just reading e-mails as usual and the next thing you know, a couple hours later it just stopped working. I keep getting the "Cannot Get Mail Invalid credentials (Failure)" message. It never did this before, even when imap was first released but now it does for some reason. I have tried changing the language from US to UK English and UK to US. I have disabled and re-enabled the imap account, deleted the settings, then set up a new account on the iphone, and still nothing works. Any help? I really don't want to have to go back to POP.

Edit: Found out what the problem was. For some reason google disabled my imap account. It wasn't showing it as disabled in settings, but now when I go to settings, imap is not there at all, there is no option there to enable or disable it, I hope they fix it soon.
    there is also another way to fix this problem and it is especially true if you use IMAPidle im not sure if this has been posted before but you can clear the captcha

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...54&topic=12763

go there and click on clearing the captcha and it should fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by platanoxd View Post
    there is also another way to fix this problem and it is especially true if you use IMAPidle im not sure if this has been posted before but you can clear the captcha

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...54&topic=12763

go there and click on clearing the captcha and it should fix the problem
    i clear the captcha and it works, but then after awhile it doesn't work again...and i would have to clear my captcha again, which is pretty annoying.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345