Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: gMail goes IMAP!

Quote Originally Posted by simonsturzenegger View Post
    It looks like the older Gmail accounts are the first ones to use IMAP with
    Hope it's coming to mine as well soon...
    As already stated, this is not the case. My older personal account doesn't have it, however my new account that I use for work purposes only does have it.

While we're on the topic, does anyone know a way to make GMail query your external mail faster? I've not found a way to make this possible....

What I'm talking about is I have it setup so that I'm using gmail to pull my mail from my work account, which is great, however it does it at purely random times. Any thoughts? Thanks!

This is great!!! The only problem I see is that if I delete a message off the iPhone, its gone. Would be nice if there was a way to have the iphone garbage can just archive the mail

edit, nevermind... I realized that when you set this up it creates two new Labels in your Gmail. One for Sent (from iPhone) and one for Deleted (from iPhone)
    Last edited by PhatheadWRX; 10-24-2007 at 08:20 AM.

excellent! works great! i can even access all my "folders" now!
    Last edited by billchase2; 10-24-2007 at 08:47 AM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Default Link for iPhone config
    Try this iPhone config link. You have to use different port settings than what the iphone defaults to...

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=77702

For those of you who don't have it, it's true, Google has not rolled out imap support for all it's users. Keep checking though!

no imap
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

nice, works great for me. now I don't have to deal with the weird gmail reply messages showing up in the inbox on my phone
    Really?

For everyone who's unfamiliar with IMAP email, get familiar with it - it's the best thing since... well gmail. I have an IMAP account for my work email. I have a desktop, laptop and the iPhone. With IMAP, when I read, delete, move, etc an email on any of computers (or phone), the changes are reflected everywhere. Everything stays in sync. No more dealing with "unread" emails on the laptop when I've already dealt with them earlier on the desktop. The thing that bugs about pop is that when I'm at my computer and I receive or send a gmail email, I have to deal with it both on the phone and the computer. To me, "unread" should mean unread - IMAP lets me live the way I like to live. I'm thrilled about IMAP gmail (possibly more than the iPhone itself).

Now if only IMAP would show up as an option on my gmail account. ...still waiting.

We have three gMail accounts and the only one with IMAP available is my wife's...and she couldn't care less. PLUS my account is from the Alpha period, too. So no preferential treatment for gMail "elders".

Murphy's Law, I guess. Doesn't mean I won't be checking my primary every hour, on the hour until I see it up and running!

Last edited by jwcrash; 10-24-2007 at 11:20 AM.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Trouble
    When I try to configure taking all the steps required, I get a message that says "Cannot Connect Using SSL Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL? I try yes and No and either way it cannot set up the acoount. Please help...

FINALLY!!! Now ( on my iphone) I don't get emails from myself in the INBOX every single time i send an email! Also, any emails i read on my iphone are marked as read when i go to gmail on my computer or when I read it on my computer it shows up as read on my iphone!
    I hate windows..

Quote Originally Posted by cipher0925 View Post
    goodbye yahoo =)
    Yulp...I'm also going to kick AOL mail to the curb.

LOVE consolidation.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

wow, thank you. this work for me, now i don't have to delete them twice.

Thanks
    Just started using imap after I had been using POP3 with gmail. I gotta say I like imap on the iphone much better then pop3. Instead of only being able to your see inbox, you can see every folder that you would see when using a pc or mac, plus it seems that messages download much faster with imap.

anyone know how to archive gmail msgs on the Iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by lostmimic View Post
    anyone know how to archive gmail msgs on the Iphone?
    http://lifehacker.com/software/gmail...map-314565.php

"If you prefer your deleted email client messages to archive in Gmail rather than go to the trash (which seems like a more Gmail-like solution), there's one change.

Rather than mapping your Trash folder to Gmail's Trash, you'll want to select the "All Mail" mailbox—effectively removing the email from your inbox but not deleting it from your Gmail account altogether. "

I tried using IMAP version earlier, but I had to turn it off. It started setting every email in my archive to my phone. They were coming 25 at a time with about 1800 total. Any way to fix that?

Say no to IMAP!!!!

damn, i dont have the imap option in my account, must check my one other account, cause i hate the way mail works right now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast