+ Reply
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW GUIDE: Virginize, upgrade, and unlock. From 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by sookysmooth2004 So i have gotten as far as starting independence and it asking me to open up itunes. It says to make sure that you see the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sookysmooth2004 View Post
    So i have gotten as far as starting independence and it asking me to open up itunes. It says to make sure that you see the SET UP YOUR IPHONE screen... I am not getting this screen. I am getting the usual screen that I get when I plug into itunes... it asks me if I want to upgrade to 1.1.1. and I always say no...

What do I need to do from here...

Thanks
    I have the same problem, anyone know how to fix this and continue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi- Great site- many thanks for all of the work!

I seem to fail at the first hurdle- I have downloaded the Virginize pack, but when I try and open it I get a message that an error occurred attempting to expand and that the archice may be damaged..is anyone else having this problem???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by janusfreyr View Post
    I have the same problem, anyone know how to fix this and continue.
    My iPhone was immediately recognized following the virginizaion and Pre 1.1.1 process, as well. But I didn't foresee iTunes recognizing my iPhone as a problem. Actually, I figured that was an asset because I didn't have to resync all my contacts and music. I continued the process without any substantial obstacles. Just continue the guide from the next logical step, which I believe is to update your firmware in iTunes. But don't take my word for it cause I'm not looking directly at the guide! Read it yourself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks, it works now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just upgraded my iUnlock 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1 with the help of this guide... Went without any problems except for the need to install SSH at the first Independence run...

Thanks for the help :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can someone, for the love of god write a Windows guide that is a little more detailed than this? Maybe I'm just not as computer savy as many of you but I cannot follow this. WTF is putty? WTF is WINSCP?

I just want to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 unlock it so I can use all the third party apps. I use at&T so I do not need to go to another carrier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is exactly what I did...it's really easy.

Download these:
    http://iphone-elite.googlecode.com/f...ginator_10.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/64647223..._pack.zip.html

pf edit: here's an MMi mirror.

1. Install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH via Installer or iBrickr

2. Extract the virginizer_pack folder from the zip file.
    Extract the virginator_10 folder from the zip file.
    Extract virginizer.sh from the virginator_10 directory and place in the virginizer_pack folder.

3. Connect to your WIFI, take note of your phone’s IP address (Settings-WIFI-Tap your network for the infro).
    SSH into your phone via WinSCP.
    Host is your phone’s IP iddress, user name is: root, password is: dottie. File protocol is SCP.

4. It’ll take a little bit to load up. You might get a prompt asking you to abort since it’s been 15 seconds, just ignore that and let it do it’s thing. You should now be in the phone, with the files on your computer on the left, and the iPhone’s directories on the right.

5. Navigate to the beginning of the tree and navigate to this folder: usr/bin

6. Drag the virginizer_pack folder from your computer (left window of winscp) to the /bin folder on the iphone.
    Make sure the virginizer_pack folder and its files have their permissions set at 0755. (Either hit F9 to change it, or right click the folder and click on properties).

7. Now, log into your phone via putty. Your phone’s same ipaddress, and the user is: root, password is: dottie.

8. Navigate to the virginizer_pack folder by typing in:
    cd /usr/bin/virginizer_pack

9. Give virginizer.sh permission to execute by typing in:
    chmod +x virginator.sh

10. Execute virginizer.sh by typing in:
    ./virginizer.sh

11. Follow all the prompts from here on and it’s all automated!!!

The hardest part is just figuring out WinSCP and Putty. After that it really is not complicated at all. My phone was virginized, I updated to 1.1.1 via iTunes. Activated, jailbroke, and unlocked successfully!

Developer
    Thanks

can someone help me???

I got this error when i run
    iUnlock ICE03.14.08_G.fls elite......

FW differences found

i got this error when i run
    bbupdater -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 298 msec
    Upgrade from to
    Downloading EEP
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Start downloading from file ICE03.14.08_G.eep.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending sec-pack
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Load region 0
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending end-pack
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 2061 msec
    Error: Failed to download .EEP: Expected checksum D510 got 0FAC
    Done

i've repeated this like a 30 times today.....
    it's stil the same... everything few times i do this.. i try to restore firmware

can some one help me understand the problem?? Why will there be checksum error? I don't think it's the EEP file's fault, coz i downloaded from different sources and extracted myself as well.. all point to the same error

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problem in the last step of unlocking using AnySim
    Everything went on well from verginising, upgrade, and modding the phone . i got the iphone jail broken. after i tried to install anysim through independence it gave an error saying couldnt install. then again i rechecked the guide and installed installer.app along with that anysim also got installed. i opened anysim but wasnt able to slide the unclock button. its grayed out. after 5 seconds anysim app closed. now have no idea on what to do.urgent help needed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Poetic

Thanks Muchley for your 1.02. to 1.1.1 guide!
    Quick ? if I may Wots the lowdown on which Sim should be in the iPhone during this evolution? The att one used during the original activation - iUnlock or the current T- Mo working sim?

Edit: Aha! Think i got my Answer by reading the FAQ...Hee
    TIA

blade.
    Last edited by bladerunner88; 10-25-2007 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Solved

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I tried this, but ran into the following problem

After connecting to my iphone (192.168.0.3) through OSX terminal, it should read:

However, I get:

I don't have a clue what the -sh-3.2# means. And more importantly: if I want to enter the command 'cd /usr/bin', it disconnects from my iPhone after typing 'cd '. Copy/Paste doesn't work either; I just cannot change to the bin-directy in terminal. I followed all the earlier steps outlined before the terminal commands and everything is fine until then.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile cant restore
    my mac unzips my restore 1.0.2 ispw file but I dont know how to change the file back to a ispw file where it shows the cube its stays looking like a folder so Im stuck at the restore part of the unlock. I hope this is not too off topic but I cant do anything without it. Thanks for the help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default step 2. back up your seczone problem
    I am typing in my ip address into terminal and it does not let me move forward. this is what it is saying -

"Last login: Thu Oct 25 09:04:33 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    GMLA-2:~ GMLA$ ssh -1 root 10.0.1.4
    ssh: root: No address associated with nodename
    GMLA-2:~ GMLA$

not sure what to do. trying to move forward on this. tips?
    Last edited by lamofo; 10-25-2007 at 10:56 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey everyone after going through the process a couple times I noticed you need to start from a freshly bricked 1.1.1 iPhone that was unlocked and then upgraded to 1.1.1. From there you need to downgrade the baseband(not virginize) and unlock using Unlock from Erica Saudam. Then relock to AT&T and then virginize the phone. Lastly jailbreak after updating to 1.1.1. That should fix the "FW differences found" problem. I can confirm that my phone is now working perfectly on AT&T locked and safe. Now if I only knew that it will be safe to update to 1.1.2 whenever that comes out....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike1114 View Post
    Can someone, for the love of god write a Windows guide that is a little more detailed than this? Maybe I'm just not as computer savy as many of you but I cannot follow this. WTF is putty? WTF is WINSCP?

I just want to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 unlock it so I can use all the third party apps. I use at&T so I do not need to go to another carrier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is exactly what I did...it's really easy.

Download these:
    http://iphone-elite.googlecode.com/f...ginator_10.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/64647223..._pack.zip.html

pf edit: here's an MMi mirror.

1. Install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH via Installer or iBrickr

2. Extract the virginizer_pack folder from the zip file.
    Extract the virginator_10 folder from the zip file.
    Extract virginizer.sh from the virginator_10 directory and place in the virginizer_pack folder.

3. Connect to your WIFI, take note of your phone’s IP address (Settings-WIFI-Tap your network for the infro).
    SSH into your phone via WinSCP.
    Host is your phone’s IP iddress, user name is: root, password is: dottie. File protocol is SCP.

4. It’ll take a little bit to load up. You might get a prompt asking you to abort since it’s been 15 seconds, just ignore that and let it do it’s thing. You should now be in the phone, with the files on your computer on the left, and the iPhone’s directories on the right.

5. Navigate to the beginning of the tree and navigate to this folder: usr/bin

6. Drag the virginizer_pack folder from your computer (left window of winscp) to the /bin folder on the iphone.
    Make sure the virginizer_pack folder and its files have their permissions set at 0755. (Either hit F9 to change it, or right click the folder and click on properties).

7. Now, log into your phone via putty. Your phone’s same ipaddress, and the user is: root, password is: dottie.

8. Navigate to the virginizer_pack folder by typing in:
    cd /usr/bin/virginizer_pack

9. Give virginizer.sh permission to execute by typing in:
    chmod +x virginator.sh

10. Execute virginizer.sh by typing in:
    ./virginizer.sh

11. Follow all the prompts from here on and it’s all automated!!!

The hardest part is just figuring out WinSCP and Putty. After that it really is not complicated at all. My phone was virginized, I updated to 1.1.1 via iTunes. Activated, jailbroke, and unlocked successfully!
    If you don't know what WinSCP or Putty are...I wouldn't recommend you trying this right now. If you'd like to go at it, just google winscp and putty for the downloads. They're FTP and SSH clients...if you were wondering.

When you upgrade to 1.1.1, you won't have to unlock the phone again if you just want to use third party apps. A jailbreak and activation is all you'd need.
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 10-25-2007 at 10:56 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billyripkin View Post
    Hey everyone after going through the process a couple times I noticed you need to start from a freshly bricked 1.1.1 iPhone that was unlocked and then upgraded to 1.1.1. From there you need to downgrade the baseband(not virginize) and unlock using Unlock from Erica Saudam. Then relock to AT&T and then virginize the phone. Lastly jailbreak after updating to 1.1.1. That should fix the "FW differences found" problem. I can confirm that my phone is now working perfectly on AT&T locked and safe. Now if I only knew that it will be safe to update to 1.1.2 whenever that comes out....
    This will work for those who bricked their iPhone, but you don't need to brick it to use this method. Actually, this method is intended for those with unlocked 1.0.2 iPhones via iUnlock/anySim.

You do not need to restore your 1.0.2 firmware AT ALL!! just simply take your phone out (as is) leave your SIM card in and do the procedure.. It's not difficult at all.

Just use winscp to load the virginize files into your iphone and putty to do the process of virginizing. And since iNdependence doesn't support Windows, you'll have to jailbreak and activate in other ways: ("*#307#" method and touchFree)

If you've never used PuTTy or WinSCP for your iPhone at all, then WAIT. Wait for a one-click application for your iPhone.

Everything needed to have an Activated + Jailbroken + Unlocked + 1.1.1 Fully Functional iPhone is in these forums!! Use your Internet Inginuity!! I did and now I got a T-Mobile iPhone with iTunes Store, Double-Space-To-Period, Home Button Shortcuts, etc. etc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After reading all posts here I still get confused wheather or not this works on a "out of the box" iPhone whith 1.1.1?

I accidently upgraded my unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 with iTunes and now I get depressing message on iTunes that something is wrong with my iPhone and I should contact Apple Store. iNdependence cant open my iPhone couse it reads that it's on 1.1.1. Is there a method to bypass iTunes to reinstall 1.0.2?
    Last edited by Thaison; 10-25-2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I did the update to 1.1.1 from an unlocked 1.0.2, everything works just fine, one problem I do have is the phone is not getting as many calls as it use to, most calls just go straight to voicemail (T-MObile). This is something I never had a problem with before and nothing has changed including my everyday locations.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    Originally Posted by sookysmooth2004 View Post
    So i have gotten as far as starting independence and it asking me to open up itunes. It says to make sure that you see the SET UP YOUR IPHONE screen... I am not getting this screen. I am getting the usual screen that I get when I plug into itunes... it asks me if I want to upgrade to 1.1.1. and I always say no...

What do I need to do from here...

Thanks
    I have exactly the SAME problem. I open iTunes and in the iPhone tab i see my usual stuff, ready to be sync. I cannot get the SETUP YOUR iPHONE screen (as if it were the first time I connect it). What is the problem? A few guys here have the same issue and still no answer.

Thank you.

EDIT: The only solution I found here was to completely restore to 1.0.2 and then follow Erica Sadun's unlock guide (see this website) and then this new guide. I all worked without a problem! Thanks a lot for the guide!
    Last edited by nevrozel; 10-25-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

after upgrading myself, i downgraded again.
    i found 1.1.1 was less user friendly for modders.
    most if not all applications work flawlessly for 1.0.2 and after upgrading i was noticing problems with application.
    if you simply want the latest version of the software upgrading is a good idea. however its too early personally to upgrade if your into modding.
    my .02

Thanks

Default windows advise please
    I see there is a windows version available, just wondering if I need to do all that for my phone

Currently:
    1.0.2 unlocked by pacay and anySim 1.1 with 03.14.08_G modem Firmware, also the IMEI number on the phone is the same as the one on the box.

Also only having had the phone 72 hours I'm reluctant to brick it and it came with UK calller ID, youtube and everything is working fine even got working edge setting and can also connect to my home wifi. Would I have to fix all those issues If I upgraded this the windows way.

Incidently when I connect to iTunes it tells my my phone is currently uptodate at 1.0.2 which is strange given 1.1.1 is available. the version of iTunes I'm using on my pc is 7.3.2.6

Is the windows process suitable for me or do I have other choices?

Thanks

Eric