Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW GUIDE: Virginize, upgrade, and unlock. From 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

Default Independence Help...
    So i have gotten as far as starting independence and it asking me to open up itunes. It says to make sure that you see the SET UP YOUR IPHONE screen... I am not getting this screen. I am getting the usual screen that I get when I plug into itunes... it asks me if I want to upgrade to 1.1.1. and I always say no...

What do I need to do from here...

Thanks

i got screwed on this process and i had the similar issues with iNdepedence needing me to revert back to 1.0.2 unlocked state. now i installed apptap and i cant downloads BSD Systems so inturn i cant download OpenSSH and so im screwed!! it says the host cant be found and i dont know what to do. i donte even know how i messed up with the installation. i followed everything on the instructions but then after i updated the firmware it wouldnt let me activate.
    Last edited by Iman07; 10-24-2007 at 08:29 PM.

props to the devteam and pf for the guide. my 1.0.2 is now 1.1.1 unlocked on tmobile w/ the edge hack. my roommate's 1.1.1 was hacked and unlocked to tmobile too.

After virginized my (1.0.2) iPhone, can I do a factory restore first with the 1.0.2 firmware then follow the guide to go about jailbreaking and unlocking my iPhone to 1.1.1? I wish to have a very clean transition from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

Or would following the steps and reaching the UPDATE the firmware to 1.1.1 stage wipe out my iPhone clean, just like a OTB iPhone? I have eperimented and installed too many rubbishes on my iPhone, and I wish to have a new and clean one.

Thanks
    Last edited by F-22; 10-24-2007 at 08:35 PM.

Iman07, I hear you, guess you read my post too. Can't do anything until BSD is back online.

I'm having problems Activating the phone. Everytime i clicked the button "Activate Phone", it gives me a window that says:

Failure
    Error. couldn't read from /dev/rdisk0s1

Please Help

I used http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1 method, to unlock my iPhone
    would i be able to revirginize my iphone using this method posted, then upgrade to 1.1.1 then ulock it and use it with non AT&T sim

Quote Originally Posted by birdieman View Post
    Iman07, I hear you, guess you read my post too. Can't do anything until BSD is back online.
    give this a try
    -----------
    The latest installer beta has the wrong link in the RemotePackages.plist file for the BSD subsystem.

RemotePackages.plist is in /var/root/library/installer/

You need to change

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/zips/BSD_Subsystem-1.5.zip

TO

http://iphone.nullriver.com/zips/BSD_Subsystem-1.5.zip

--------

copy the RemotePackages.plist file into your mac, then edit it with TextEdit. Then transfer/copy the edited file back to your iPhone using Cyberduck/Fugu/etc again. simple and very easy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mackulit For This Useful Post:

christian.symmons (10-25-2007)

Croation, yes, that question has been answreed twice in this thread. I just did it today and it wrked just fine.

I would recommend to anyone doing this tha you read this entire post first as there are asnswers to some issues that may come up during the update.

how could i do that if i dont have OpenSSH? how cant i transfers files back and forth?
    Last edited by Iman07; 10-24-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Unhappy Can't SSH to the iphone
    Thanks a lot for the instruction first, though it doesnot work for me in the first part.

This is the message from the Terminal:

BigMac:~ Han$ ssh -l root 192.168.1.5
    [email protected]'s password:
    Last login: Wed Oct 24 21:21:46 2007 from 192.168.1.4
    /bin/mv: cannot stat `/var/root/.profile.tmp': No such file or directory
    'MobileFinder will now upload the contents of ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync to ~/iPhone on
    /usr/bin/rsync -avz --progress ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync/ @:~/iPhone
    ssh: : No address associated with hostname
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(453) [sender=2.6.9]
    Upload completed.
    Press enter to exit...

Could anyone give me some idea how to fix this? Thanks.
    Last edited by billnjcn; 10-24-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mackulit View Post
    give this a try
    -----------
    The latest installer beta has the wrong link in the RemotePackages.plist file for the BSD subsystem.

RemotePackages.plist is in /var/root/library/installer/

You need to change

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/zips/BSD_Subsystem-1.5.zip

TO

http://iphone.nullriver.com/zips/BSD_Subsystem-1.5.zip

--------

copy the RemotePackages.plist file into your mac, then edit it with TextEdit. Then transfer/copy the edited file back to your iPhone using Cyberduck/Fugu/etc again. simple and very easy.

Can't do that because I do not get a connection with Cyberduck since no SSH installed. SSH has to be installed after BSD and BSD fails for at least the whole day.

please help i need to know how to virginze my bricked iphone for windows i see ur guide but its only for osx how soon u think its gonna be before its out for windows

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

wow awesome
     Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by birdieman View Post
    Can't do that because I do not get a connection with Cyberduck since no SSH installed. SSH has to be installed after BSD and BSD fails for at least the whole day.
    you could install ssh with iNdependence .... or are you on a pc?
    Mactastic!

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    A few people have had this same issue. Which method did you use to unlock originally? Mine is fine, I have done a few with this method without issue. I'd like to isolate the problem. Give us a little background on your iPhone's history...
    Poetic Folly: I purchased the phone already unlocked 1.0.2 (couldn't wait for my unopened virgin one to arrive from the US).

I'm pretty sure it was unlocked on a windows machine, it was most likely unlocked using 'anysim' as it was still installed on the phone when I received it.

I followed your guide and everything seemed to be working perfectly, bar youtube which I repaired.

I'm back up and running on 1.0.2 now.

Hy People!

my iPhone!

My BIGGEST PROBLEM is:

FW differences found
    Completed.
    Enjoy!
    # ./bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.01.13_G <----- ****! no good to virgin
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:7
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2
    Done

the iPhone from poetic_folly

Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_03.14.08_G <----- this one is good to virgin
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:7
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2
    Done

how can i downgrade the firmware to DEV_ICE_MODEM_03.14.08

pleeeeeeeeeeeees help

thx!

Quote Originally Posted by sookysmooth2004 View Post
    So i have gotten as far as starting independence and it asking me to open up itunes. It says to make sure that you see the SET UP YOUR IPHONE screen... I am not getting this screen. I am getting the usual screen that I get when I plug into itunes... it asks me if I want to upgrade to 1.1.1. and I always say no...

What do I need to do from here...

Thanks

Okay... so I got through the whole process. I have it unlocked to T mobile and everything... but now I CANT MAKE CALLS. What do I do to fix this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacman126 View Post
    i did all the steps to virginize the phone and all went well, i have also done everything up to where in independence i am supposed to click firmware then the pre 1.1.1 upgrade when i do that it trys to connect and give me this error
    "Couldn't remove entry from /Users/philipcarnevale/.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address."

does anyone know how to fix this?
    alrite pacman took me forever to figure this out, but open up terminal and type in
    rm -f ~/.ssh/known_hosts
    then press enter, and that should fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by BeijingFaguo View Post
    Great tutorial !

I have an issue , when I use ./iUnlock ./ICE03.14.08_G.fls ./eliteloader.bin

I got : FW differences found
    instead of are equals

and after it's nto working

Any idea ?

thx !
    Same problem here. Any advice on how to make FW equal?

Cheers!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast