Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW GUIDE: Virginize, upgrade, and unlock. From 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

Guys ur amazing..!! im gonna try this when i go back home, i have wifi at my work but its secured with a password which i have no access to, so this is killing me (any knowledge how i can hack into the wifi??), in my drawer next to me i have 2 iphones still in the box waiting to be unlocked. many thanks to all of you, programmers and posters... lets all use the thanks button

Question problems..
    Ok, heres my situation... My phone was bricked, then used the guide to get back to 1.0.2...then I tried this..Everything was working fine for me with this up until the itunes section where im supposed to update. After a few minutes it gave me an error (cant remember the error number) that said cannot update. So after that it gave me the message about seeing the iphone in recovery mode. So after getting nervous as to what would happen, I just recovered back to the 1.0.2. firmware. So i went through all the steps to jailbreak and unlock and now Im back with unlocked 1.0.2. So i tried again to do this new guide and now im getting stuck at the backup seczone part, where i type "./norz seczone.backup 0x3FA000 0x2000" into terminal. It just hangs at "waiting for data..." So after I let that hang there for about 15 minutes...i just canceled out of everything. So now I have the unlocked 1.0.2. phone and everything seems to be ok...but now how should I get to 1.1.1. if it hangs at "waiting for data..." Thanks.

QUESTION!

During this process, do we need to use our original AT&T SIM card?

this is for unlocked 1.0.2 iphones, ur already using non AT&T sim, so if im guessing right, u dont need an at&t sim...

Worked like a charm!! Thanks @ Trindad for sulution with SSH!!!
    Many thanks to the dev guys, truly amazing!

Can someone post easy way to install apptapp!

Thanks for this instructions. I followed them and succeed upgrading my iPhone. Here are a couple of questions.

1. It seems that the Services.app (which can turn of the SSH) does not work for either the SSH installed by iNdependence or the Installer.app. Is there a way to fix it? I heard keeping SSH open consumes battery.

2. Indicated by Installer.app, the iPhone RAM lost about 30MB after the upgrade. Is it alright?

Thanks again.

Hey guys,
    thanks for the great tutorial! I unlocked my 1.0.2 iPhone a few weeks ago with the unlock.app ( http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1 ).
    Is it possible for me to use your virginize-guide, or are there any known problems with unlock.app??

(sorry for my bad english)
    cheers from germany,
    alibasta

Quote Originally Posted by fleischi View Post
    Hey guys,
    thanks for the great tutorial! I unlocked my 1.0.2 iPhone a few weeks ago with the unlock.app ( http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1 ).
    Is it possible for me to use your virginize-guide, or are there any known problems with unlock.app??

(sorry for my bad english)
    cheers from germany,
    alibasta
    I used that guide too, and did the upgrade to 1.1.1 using the new guides today. No problems at all

Update:
    These guides are supposed to be for iunlock/anysim unlocked iPhones, so yours should be ok.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to trindad For This Useful Post:

bladerunner88 (10-25-2007)

Thanks a lot!

Great tutorial !

I have an issue , when I use ./iUnlock ./ICE03.14.08_G.fls ./eliteloader.bin

I got : FW differences found
    instead of are equals

and after it's nto working

Any idea ?

thx !

Steps 1-3 worked fine. Under the 4th section (Unlocking the 1.1.1 iPhone anySIM) at the end of step one after selecting yes is a dialogue box "If it says the host verification failed then click Yes to continue.", I get an error

Couldn't remove entry from /Users//.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address.

If I open the known_hosts file I can't see my IP address. Does anyone know how to get past this step?

excellent guide. took 30 minutes. easy. 4 phones to go!

**Problem**

I did step 1 and everything went according to schedule.

Now I just started step 2, first making sure iTunes and iTunes helper are quit, opened Independence (from the virginizer folder) and selected the firmware tab.

However, the Pre 1.1.1 upgrade button is greyed out and not selectable.

Any ideas why?

Independence is showing my iPhone as connected - Firmware 1.0.2 - activated -AFC connection - jailbroken

Probably need to go back to the SSH tab in independence and install SSH.

Quote Originally Posted by mgager View Post
    Steps 1-3 worked fine. Under the 4th section (Unlocking the 1.1.1 iPhone anySIM) at the end of step one after selecting yes is a dialogue box "If it says the host verification failed then click Yes to continue.", I get an error

Couldn't remove entry from /Users//.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address.

If I open the known_hosts file I can't see my IP address. Does anyone know how to get past this step?
    I think my issue was a permissions problem (perhaps due to changing the password in independence). If anyone encounters this issue, I got around it by opening cyberduck, select the "always" option when it asked about adding to keychain (forget the exact wording).
    Last edited by mgager; 10-24-2007 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mgager For This Useful Post:

chasev2 (10-24-2007)

Thanks mjager!

That fixed it.

Followed everything to a T and it didn't work. It updated the firmware to 1.1.1 but then i lost everything and it was unusable. I was almost in tears. Now i"m trying to go back to 1.0.2 after nearly spending 6 hours believing that it was bricked. Don't know what went wrong but everything that was in the guide I followed and had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BeijingFaguo View Post
    Great tutorial !

I have an issue , when I use ./iUnlock ./ICE03.14.08_G.fls ./eliteloader.bin

I got : FW differences found
    instead of are equals

and after it's nto working

Any idea ?

thx !
    same problem here
    8GB iPhone unlocked by iUnlock on Vers. 1.0.2 then (iDiot upgrade to 1.1.1) IMEI: 0049999.....

i doit all the things NEW but the problem:

"BSD Subsystem say: package download failed: canīt find host!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Guys,

Im running an unlocked 1.0.2 phone and want to upgrade to 1.1.1.i use mac osx and used the erica sadun method to jailbreak and unlock my phone.could someone tell me if this method is IPSF? And if it is,is there a jailbreak/unlock method for me out there?

This is the method i used on this site.Any help greatfully received.Thanks

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...e_Modding_OS_X

Hi there,
    i started to use this guide...
    transfered all the files, set permissions...
    ssh'd into phone fine...

try to type
    cd /usr/bin

and when i hit the space bar for the space between cd and /usr
    it closes my connection...i have tried a few different things...uninstalling and reinstalling ssh...but nothing seems to work...
    can anybody lead me in the right direction?
    thanks

EdiT: after trying several times the problem is terminal, after connecting, will not let me enter any more than 3 characters before it closes the connection...anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by canadianiphone; 10-24-2007 at 07:20 AM.

Please help, I get waiting for data after and stays there for ever... what can i do?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast