Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW GUIDE: Virginize, upgrade, and unlock. From 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

terminal wont allow me to ssh into the phone... it says
    ssh: root: No address associated with nodename
    help

Yes (to answer my earlier post), AppTap Installer can be installed on 1.1.1, no problem, either via SSH or independence:
    1. Download AppTappInstaller
    2. Unzip it
    3. control-click on AppTapp Installer and 'Show Package Contents'
    4. Navigate to Contents...Resources...Installer.App and copy it to a convenient location
    5. Copy Installer.App to your iPhone Applications folder using SSH or independence.

Guys....

What should I do... terminal wont connect with my phone's ip address... it says:
    ssh: root: No address associated with nodename

Thanks heaps for the guide! It's been working great, but I've hit a snag when it came to opening up iNdependence.

I've followed the guide, killed itunes and itunes helper and opened Independence but when I hit the Firmware tab, the Pre 1.1.1 upgrade button is greyed out...

Any ideas why that might be and what I could do?

Update for anyone interested:
    The button was grayed out because I hadn't installed SSH onto the iPhone. I thought OpenSSH was still there from when I installed it through Apptapp, but apparently not. So just install it through Independence and you can continue on with the guide.
    Last edited by trindad; 10-24-2007 at 02:52 AM.

Hey PF - thanks for that guide - did it as you were posting and it works like a charm - I have 1.1.1 working and unlocked - awesome !!!

Just one thing - anyone know how to get installer to load onto the phone - can I just run installer or do I need to do anything specific

thanks

Restoring the baseband went fine for me. However, when I went into independence the prep for the 1.1.1 upgrade button was greyed out. I restarted the phone and relaunched independence but nothing changed. So I went ahead and started the upgrade to 1.1.1. Downloading the update now. Will see what happens.

UPDATE:
    I had to downgrade to 1.02, jailbreak, update to 1.1.1, jailbreak again and then unlock. Definitely proves that the restore works because when I downgraded to 1.02 the phone was relocked. Excellent work from the Elite Team!
    Last edited by sucram65; 10-24-2007 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Progress report

Awesome - thank you. I'm going to give this a go after some sleep

are there some other commands i need to type aside from ssh -1 root 192.168.0.xxx? because terminal wont connect to my phone.

amazing guide. copy and paste all the way. lol.

thanks for everything pf and the rest of the elite dev and anyone else that contributed.

i'm pretty new to this so unsure who to thank.

Quote Originally Posted by sucram65 View Post
    Restoring the baseband went fine for me. However, when I went into independence the prep for the 1.1.1 upgrade button was greyed out. I restarted the phone and relaunched independence but nothing changed. So I went ahead and started the upgrade to 1.1.1. Downloading the update now. Will see what happens.
    See my post Sucram, I had the same problem.

SOLVED!!!! copy paste the commands. hehe

Instead of a # I have a sh-3.2# help please!
    When I type in "ls" nothing happens?

Does anyone know why anySIM.app would not show on springboard after jailbreak on 1.1.1?

I restarted the thing, and still anysim won't show.

Default Quick Question
    I just had a quick question regarding my situation.

I bought a brand new 8 GB running 1.1.1.

I downgraded to 1.0.2 using option click.

Then I downgraded the baseband using the dev team method.

Now my phone is running perfect jailbroken and unlocked using anysim with 1.0.2 and baseband 03.14.08_G.

Do I still need to re-virginize my phone before upgrading to 1.1.1 and running the new independence/anysim?

(I double checked my IMEI number and it's the same as on the back of the box).

Amazing.

I firstly had a fresh 1.1.1 phone.

Downgraded to 1.0.2 and did the usual in order to unlock my SIM.

Had some problems regarding SMS.

Virginized.

Upgraded back to 1.1.1.

Activated, Jailbroken and successfully Unlocked 1.1.1 with the SMS issue fixed.

Now wheres installer for 1.1.1

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by ledude View Post
    Does anyone know why anySIM.app would not show on springboard after jailbreak on 1.1.1?

I restarted the thing, and still anysim won't show.
    ledude, I had to manually add anySIM back onto the phone via FTP after the Jailbreak of 1.1.1, hope this helps.

Can I just give out a very big thank you for those who've put in so much effort in to this upgrade process. I'm now happily running 1.1.1 and had very little trouble all thanks to these people's hard work.

Thank you!!

Hey thanks the guide!

I copied the installer.app, but I can't update it to version 3.
    And the summerboard 3.0a11 said i can install only to fw 1.1.1.
    Settings/general said i have got fw 1.1.1.
    So what now?

UPDATE:
    solved this one...
    if anybody has the same problem then do this:

1. Download LocalPackages.plist from /var/root/Library/Installer

2. with any texteditor change the 3.0 and 3.0b4 text with 2.63 and save it. (watch out with the extension, it should be .plist and not .txt)

3. upload the edited file to /var/root/Library/Installer

4. restart your iPhone
    Last edited by santac; 10-24-2007 at 05:53 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by treadsoftly View Post
    Awesome - thank you. I'm going to give this a go after some sleep
    Gave it a go, worked pretty much perfectly, thank you so much you awesome people!

Quote Originally Posted by trindad View Post
    Thanks heaps for the guide! It's been working great, but I've hit a snag when it came to opening up iNdependence.

I've followed the guide, killed itunes and itunes helper and opened Independence but when I hit the Firmware tab, the Pre 1.1.1 upgrade button is greyed out...

Any ideas why that might be and what I could do?

Update for anyone interested:
    The button was grayed out because I hadn't installed SSH onto the iPhone. I thought OpenSSH was still there from when I installed it through Apptapp, but apparently not. So just install it through Independence and you can continue on with the guide.

You probably dont have SSH installed yet - thats why its greyed out - you need to install SSH thru Independence and then go back and try - it should work fine

UPDATE : Guess you figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by udayc View Post
    You probably dont have SSH installed yet - thats why its greyed out - you need to install SSH thru Independence and then go back and try - it should work fine

UPDATE : Guess you figured it out
    Hehe, thanks anyway

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast