+ Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW GUIDE: Virginize, upgrade, and unlock. From 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by pleyah69bjay thats the only bug i saw so far from upgrading it i have the same problem..we'l juz be patient someone will come out with the fix.....
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pleyah69bjay View Post
    thats the only bug i saw so far from upgrading it i have the same problem..we'l juz be patient someone will come out with the fix.....
    Patiently waiting...

Green Apple
    Thanks

havent tried everything..but i virginized and unlocked and it went great.. thanks all...

one problem thou...
    anybody had the problem of having only 61 MB in installer after upgrading and unlocking??
    any help would be appreciated

Thanks all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Revirginized and all went well. I then did the firmware restore to 1.02. I now have an unactivated, locked iphone. When I try to activate with iNdependence, it just hangs on "Waiting for jail break...". I have quit and retried several times with the same result. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks

1.1.1 locked again..
    after checking everything and making a couple of phone calls, i went to sleep, woke up tried to call but every time i get call failed, the signal and the carrier name show in the upper left side, and i had 2 missed calls also, but i wasnt able to make calls... now im using my good old nokia thinking of going back to 1.0.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hosies View Post
    1.1.1 locked again..
    after checking everything and making a couple of phone calls, i went to sleep, woke up tried to call but every time i get call failed, the signal and the carrier name show in the upper left side, and i had 2 missed calls also, but i wasnt able to make calls... now im using my good old nokia thinking of going back to 1.0.2

How can we go back to 1.0.2?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avamark View Post
    I followed the instructions on the IPSF website on doing the jailbreakme.com thing...worked like a charm once again. So basically i got everything working on the 1.1.1 phone except using the IPSF application itself (v 1.7). Everytime I run it, it says "Unlock Failed: Error in server communications" or something like that. Anybody here that uses IPSF ever had that?? And also..do I have to activate this first using independence or something?? This is fairly new stuff so not so much support is out yet..thanks.
    I get the exact same error from the iPhone sim free app.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sooky... open itunes, press option and restore, then choose the 1.0.2 restore.ipsw file

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

Can I virginize a locked 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 then upgrade to 1.1.1 using the steps in this guide?

Asgad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question How do I upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1?--Not unlocked but have done jailbreak
    I jailbroke my iphone in 1.0.2 & I have app tapp. I am activated with AT&T (so unlocking isn't an issue). I want to upgrade to 1.1.1. I updated app tapp a few weeks ago and everything is working fine but I'd like the newer version 1.1.1 for iphone. Do I need to "virginize" before upgrading? (if so, how?)
    Also, I've got version 7.4.2.4 in itunes, should I make any changes there? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Appears to be working fine: I unlocked it, used anySIM which said my phone was unlocked but the iPhone cannot connect to T-Mobile, saying 'no service'.

The iPhone is on 1.1.1, Firmware 04.01.13_G, runs iTunes and YouTube, but no T-Mobile. How to resolve pls??

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeedsNoName View Post
    Appears to be working fine: I unlocked it, used anySIM which said my phone was unlocked but the iPhone cannot connect to T-Mobile, saying 'no service'.

The iPhone is on 1.1.1, Firmware 04.01.13_G, runs iTunes and YouTube, but no T-Mobile. How to resolve pls??
    Tried a simple restart?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

now where just waiting for an unlock for 1.1.2
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, I'm using the guide "Upgrading 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1" to bring my previously unlocked SIM and jailbreaked 1.0.2 phone up to speed.

So I've gotten all the way to the part where you do the pre 1.1.1 update, and succeeded. The big problem I'm having now is updating to 1.1.1, when iTunes only gives me the option to updgrade to 1.1.2

What can I do??

I'm including a link here to another forum, because this guy has the exact same question. He said he tried pulling in the 1.1.1 file from the "restore" function, but it doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help us out?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...1+itunes+1.1.2

Thank a million!

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone else having problems setting permssions in Leopard? I dont know if Im just missing it, but I can find a place to set permissions like in Tiger (Cmd + i) Anyone shed some light so I can set permissions and virginize?
    Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

ALWAYD click (CTRL) RESTORE to choose your firmware.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i get to the terminal step of part one(virginizing) the terminal window shows 'bash' at the top and not 'ssh', and does not show local host, instead just the user name, and when i type in ssh -1 your.iphone.ip.address, it doesnt work, i dont get the error message that you displayed as a possibility, instead i get a blank line succeeding the comand line, and shortly after "protocol major versions differ: 1 vs 2" . What do i do from here? im using leopard.
    Last edited by matiasm; 11-22-2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: left out a crucial detail

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've unlocked a second iPhone using this method without any problems
    iPhone 3GS - 32GB

Green Apple
    Thanks

i want to upgrade my phone. it is a 1.0.2 version to 1.1.2. i am too scared. can you help me

please can you make a guide for upgrading a unlocked 1.0.2 to unlocked 1.1.2. i have installer and itunes 7.3.i have not even upgraded the itunes because of some fear. i am really scared to try any one and i trust only your guides. if there is already one please can you send me a link.

is the downloading of the fv very neccessary. because i was thinking if i could virginise the iphone and then through itunes upgrade the phone and then unlock it through anysim 1.2 which is there in the installer. please help me i need to unlock it in the next 6 hours. please please please help me
    Last edited by rishabsyd; 12-05-2007 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Downgrading is necessary at the moment, yes.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

help me poetic, i need some guide to do it
    Last edited by rishabsyd; 12-05-2007 at 10:10 PM.