Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW GUIDE: Virginize, upgrade, and unlock. From 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

Not sure what I did. But, I was finally successful in getting upgraded to 1.1.1. Thanks for the help.

I was able to upgrade to 1.1.1 great guide!

Talking You are truly AMAZING!!
    Thank you so very much for all your hard work. Those of us unknowledgeable fools count on the detailed hard work of cool knowledgeable people like you.

I wish I had such a clear concise guide to unlocking the first time. You saved me at least 2 days of headaches and pain. My only problem was trying to flip back and forth on my wife's iBook. It would be fantastic if you could do the same for the PC (or work with someone else to produce the same for a PC).

BUT MOST OF ALL - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :-D

how soon until the guide for windows is up

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

It is up, its in this thread.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

flatusboy (10-29-2007)

F L A W L E S S ....... V I C T O R Y ! ! !

Thanks pf (and crew) for all the hard work and time you've put into this, as well as the whole site in general.

I waited until the 1.0.2 activation/unlock was perfected and it went w/o a hitch. So, I figured waiting until the 1.1.1 frenzy was over and go from there. And again, a perfect, no-hassle upgrade, activation and unlocking session. The longest part was downloading the 1.1.1 update (45 mins on this crap network). Other than that, it only took about 15 minutes.
    Last edited by flatusboy; 10-29-2007 at 05:51 PM.

Ok, Im a little confused here. I have an unlocked 1.0.2 with 03.14.08_G firmware and what i want to do is upgrade to 1.1.1. with IPSF. I had bricked my phone then followed the guide here to bring it back. I virginized my phone but when it got to the itunes part, it gave me and error and kicked me out. So i had to restore with the originial guide here and successfully got to 1.0.2 with 03.14.08_G via iUnlock. So thats where I was at recently. Ok, now what i did was try to revirginize and update to 1.1.1 but i keep getting stuck at "waiting for data" for the seczone backup part and never was succesful. So what i did was restore 1.0.2 again and this time wanted to use IPSF but what im confused about is that once I restored my phone, i jailbroke and installed installer with simfree application but when I ran the application it said "already unlocked." I never unlocked it though???? i put in my tmobile sim and sure enough it was working?? how could it work if it was a fresh install and never unlocked after that?? confused..please help me. I want my phone to be fresh out of the box state so i can use IPSF..help!

ok..this is what i did...got my IPSF license...it gave me a link to the dev team virginize kit thing..did it, worked like a charm. After virginizing, I restored in iTunes to the 1.1.1..after it did its thing, it brought me to the activation screen, so I followed the instructions on the IPSF website on doing the jailbreakme.com thing...worked like a charm once again. So basically i got everything working on the 1.1.1 phone except using the IPSF application itself (v 1.7). Everytime I run it, it says "Unlock Failed: Error in server communications" or something like that. Anybody here that uses IPSF ever had that?? And also..do I have to activate this first using independence or something?? This is fairly new stuff so not so much support is out yet..thanks.
    Last edited by avamark; 10-30-2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

HEY!! So i was still running into the Jailbreak failed after the 1.1.1 upgrade, so i tried http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13015 (jailbreakme.com) and it crashed like it was suppost to but still said please activate after it restarted, so after that i went back to independence and for fun clicked activate and this time it worked. I dont know if this was a fluke but people who are having issues try it

Edit: So I got everything to work (had to install ssh and bsd subsystem from installer.app) then installed anysim, it worked then connected to itunes and it only said 300mb and i found this thread with the fix :-) http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....hone+has+300mb download and run the app and it worked.

FYI I did this whole update on a mac system running 10.5 :-)
    Last edited by schwartzki; 10-30-2007 at 02:37 AM.

Can someone of this forum willing to post a clean and new post about this procedure on windows platform?
    Im trying to follow the steps and the comments about but i;ve been confused from all windows/osx comments in the same post.
    Thanks in Advance.... you are making a really great work guys.

I have an 1.0.2 iphone unlocked with anysim1.0.2 .....

same here pls i need step by step iphone 1.0.2 unlocked with simfree

Green Apple
    Thanks

here is kinda one, but there are many other windows unlocking ones in here http://modmyi.com/forums/showpost.ph...9&postcount=96

Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post

11. Follow all the prompts from here on and itís all automated!!!
    Do i have to follow another procedures from this step? Or its ready and unlocked from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by sookysmooth2004 View Post
    Ok guys..

I got my 1.0.2 iphone to work pretty good with this guide and got it up to the 1.1.1 firmware. If i wanted to... how could I go about doing the entire process over again? Can I just start from the beginning again even though I have 1.1.1 firmware? Also, I was thinking of going back down to 1.0.2... how could I do this without messing up my iphone?

Thanks to everyone again for all of the help and things...
    Anyone have any info on this for me???

Anyone have any info on this for me???

Hello,

I cannot begin to thank you enough for the unlock method that you have provided for everyone on this forum. I had an iphone unlocked with tmobile on 1.0.2 firmware using the OSX guide on this forum from a few months ago. I recentley used your method to upgrade to 1.1.1. I did this succesfully... but I am wanting to go back down to 1.0.2 Do you know how i could do this? I thought that I could totally virginize my phone using you program and then revert back to the old guide that I used to finish the process... I would really appreciate your help...

I thank you very much...
    Last edited by sookysmooth2004; 10-31-2007 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does anyone have the problem after updating an unlocked 1.02 to 1.1.1. that programs (safari, ipod, installer, etc.) suddenly quit and you return to your home screen or "slide to unlock" screen?

Quote Originally Posted by koolcat View Post
    ok finally got it to work, since the phone wasnt jailbroken and activate after i virginized it, you have to use independence 1.2.3 or something like that. well u just cant use the new 1.2.5 independence to activate it after virginized (if the phone still is not activated in my case). Then after you use the old independence to activate and jailbroken you could follow the steps in folly's guide it works fine.

And ANIMAXY, after i done everything my youtube didnt work either...well i fixed it already, this is how you do it. Go search and download three files for the youtube. Im not sure where it is but you have to search for it on this forum then use cyberduck to place it in this location but cant think it right off of my head right now. If you still cant fix that problem let me know ill help u
    Thanks mate,adding those three files to my iphone did the trick,youtube works flawlessly now!

any news on the OTB 1.1.1 Activation/Jailbreak/Unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisX View Post
    Does anyone have the problem after updating an unlocked 1.02 to 1.1.1. that programs (safari, ipod, installer, etc.) suddenly quit and you return to your home screen or "slide to unlock" screen?
    I have the same issue. I am not sure why. That is why I want to go back to 1.0.2..

Can anyone help...

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-Beat23 View Post
    Hey guys,
    can anyone help me! I am not the best in terminal so I got this problem:

This is the message from the Terminal:

chris-macpro:~ Chris$ ssh -l root 192.168.3.32
    [email protected]'s password:
    Last login: Thu Oct 25 10:28:02 2007 from 192.168.3.29
    /bin/mv: cannot stat `/var/root/.profile.tmp': No such file or directory
    'MobileFinder will now upload the contents of ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync to /Users/Chris/iPhone on 192.168.3.29 and then download the contents of /Users/Chris/iPhone on 192.168.3.29 to ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync. You may be asked for your password twice.
    /usr/bin/rsync -avz --progress ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync/ [email protected]:/Users/Chris/iPhone
    ssh: connect to host 192.168.3.29 port 22: Operation timed out
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(453) [sender=2.6.9]
    /usr/bin/rsync -avz --progress [email protected]:/Users/Chris/iPhone/ ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync
    ssh: connect to host 192.168.3.29 port 22: Operation timed out
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(453) [receiver=2.6.9]
    Upload and Download completed.
    Press enter to exit...

I just want to ssh to my iPhone to re-virginize it, but I can't because the rsync tries to sync files. I already estalished a connection with a successful file transfer, but the terminal still sais "Press enter to exit..."

How can I get rid of this rsync-process?

Please help me, otherwise I'm not able to type the terminal commands to re-virginzie my iPhone (is on 1.0.2 and have installed MobileFinder and Terminal).

Greetings!
    Hi Mac-Beat, I found the solution (if you are a Mac user). I can not yet report on virginizing and all the other steps (havent done that yet). This is what I did step by step, and I can now ssh my iPhone without any problem:

- use installer on iPhone and uninstall Mobile Finder

- Start Cyberduck and connect with iPhone

- in Cyberduck, select View/show hidden files (or however this is called in the english version, mine is german)

- just for safety, copy the folder MobileFinder from iPhone to your computer (find it in: /var/root/Library)

- delete the folder MobileFinder from iPhone

- again for safety reasons copy the file .profile (hidden, only visible when "show hidden files" is activated in Cyberduck) to your computer. You find this file in /var/root/

- delete .profile from your iphone (it contains only one line, and this line creates the error: ". /var/root/Library/MobileFinder/.MobileFinderProfile"

Done. Now you should be able to go further. Good luck
    Stefan

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonestef For This Useful Post:

drezziphone (03-25-2008)

Hey guys... if I happen to be stuck in middle of the process... can I start over or am I stuck...???

I have the same issue. I am not sure why. That is why I want to go back to 1.0.2..

Can anyone help...
    thats the only bug i saw so far from upgrading it i have the same problem..we'l juz be patient someone will come out with the fix.....

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast