Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW GUIDE: Virginize, upgrade, and unlock. From 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by koolcat View Post
    what do u mean by install SSH how would that help me pre 1.1.1 upgrade sorry i dun understand???
    In iNdependence you have to click the SSH tab and then click the 'Install SSH/SFTP/SCP'. It seems that iNdependence does not recognize OPENSSH if its installed. Once you have done this the 'Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade' button will be able to be clicked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"You need to resintall the BSD Subsystems. You have tried to install OpenSSH from more than one source is the issue. "

I too am getting " Last login: Fri Oct 26 23:14:47 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    GM-2:~ GM$ ssh -l root 10.0.1.4
    [email protected]'s password:
    -sh-3.2#

I have no idea what BSD Subsystems is. Yes, i'm amateur but trying really closely to follow these steps. That just completely thru me off though.

Guys how do i get installer 3.0 on my iphone.
    I have tried everything and nothing works.
    it doesn't give me the option on my iphone to fo it...
    There was a way here that was metioned that you needed to chang the numbers on the localpackges.plist from 3.0 to 2.6 but i logged into cyberduck and checkd the localpackages.plist folder but there's no numbers to change anywhere. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

ok finally got it to work, since the phone wasnt jailbroken and activate after i virginized it, you have to use independence 1.2.3 or something like that. well u just cant use the new 1.2.5 independence to activate it after virginized (if the phone still is not activated in my case). Then after you use the old independence to activate and jailbroken you could follow the steps in folly's guide it works fine.

And ANIMAXY, after i done everything my youtube didnt work either...well i fixed it already, this is how you do it. Go search and download three files for the youtube. Im not sure where it is but you have to search for it on this forum then use cyberduck to place it in this location but cant think it right off of my head right now. If you still cant fix that problem let me know ill help u

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Guys,
    Am new to this site..Can any one plz help me..Currently am using iphone V1.0.2 unlocked using iUnlock.I am dieying to upgrade it to V1.1.1 But as am a Windows user is there any help for me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz...i believe that in this phorum, MAC users updates are only there....So any help for Windows users....
    Regards

What's Jailbreak?

As this process is only for non IPSF unlocks, I want to now a way to determine which unlock is used on my iphone. I do not know because i bought a pre-unlocked iphone.

Any Help.
    BTW, i see a unlock.app in the applications directory

I Own This Place

If you see that app, you were most likely NOT unlocked with the IPSF method. Go ahead with the guide.

sorry for the copy and paste, but im no expert in quoting... anyway...

Poetic what is i dont see any app ? how can i determine what method was used?

one more thing, not concerning this topic thou, so im sorry, can i download applications and themes etc... through installer on one iphone and then use ifuntastic to copy them to other iphones? im asking this coz wifi connection is not available for me all the time, and i would like to mod other iphones..

Thanks for u time

typing correction: what FI i dont see any app? how can i determine what method was used?

whats wrong with me... what IF IF!!! lol!
    Last edited by hosies; 10-27-2007 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

- To those that did a 'Restore' after your 1.1.1 unlock -

Quick answer: It's okay. You can fix it by following this guide -
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/111/iphone_step1_mac.html

Long story: I have a 1.02 unlocked by 'unlock.app'. Following the re-vriginizing guide and did the 1.1.1 update and unlock. Everything worked great, except some of my 3rd party apps are not longer functioning. (I think it's because they were partially wiped out during the update)

So I decided to do a 'Restore' using itune. It WILL wipe out the 'fake activation' so you will no longer have wifi access from your iPhone. To solve this, use the above guide
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/111/iphone_step1_mac.html
    (Yes, your baseband is now repaired, so this guide will work for you)
    Also, you didn't even need to re run anySIM, it will become unlock after you jailbreak and activate with iNdependence.

After that I reload installer.app, and reinstall all my 3rd party apps. Worked great (including: service.app and Devicescape)

Hope this help to everyone that experienced problems with your 3rd party apps after the upgrade to 1.1.1

Default Stuck w ieraser step
    First, PF, thank you so VERY much for all you've done to move the ball of this initiative. You're efforts helped Apple sell 250,000 iPhones for unlocking in the last quarter. Steve Jobs (and I) owe you several beers.

On to my woes...

I've had much success up to the ieraser steps. I've restarted the phone a few times. This is what I get in terminal (mobile terminal and from my Mac):

Resetting the Baseband...Done
    Opened: /dev/tty.baseband
    iEraser: tool by geohot
    thanks to gray and the dev team for the implementation
    thanks to nightwatch for the awesome toolchain
    and thanks to anonymous, iProof, lazyc0der, and dinopio for the idea for this cool trick
    this tool erases your main fw, starting at 0x20000. you need this for the testpoint to work
    you need a file called secpack matching your current firmware version in this folder
    see http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com for instructions on finding this file
    Waiting for data...
    Can't write

-- OR --

I get the same but it stops / hangs on 'Waiting for data...'

Anyone else in this boat? Have a work around? If 'Waiting for data...' is to remain on the screen, for how long?

----

been trying this w terminal from mac & with mobile terminal but to no avail...anyone, anyone...bueller...anyone ???

also, i've gone back to reinstall bsd and repeated all steps following. still cannot get past the ieraser 'waiting for data...' message.

hmmm...
    Last edited by mobilexile; 10-27-2007 at 11:56 AM.

I originally used PF's guide to unlock my 1.0.2 phone.

Ran through revirginize/update firmware, jailbreak/activation guide last night and everything is working great. All I need to do is now is implement the t-mobile EDGE/APN tweak so it remembers my settings.

Awesome guide PF. A lot of us on here owe you big time.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by redspy View Post

Ran through revirginize/update firmware, jailbreak/activation guide last night and everything is working great. All I need to do is now is implement the t-mobile EDGE/APN tweak so it remembers my settings.

Cheers!
    Settings > General > Network > EDGE

Change the APN to internet2.voicestream.com
    Leave user name & password blank

Now you should be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by redspy View Post

Cheers!
    How long did ieraser take ?

Thx.
    Last edited by mobilexile; 10-27-2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Worked like a charm - ended up getting to an unlocked 1.1.1 and had a few bugs with the double ssh and all, so i restored to a clean phone - downgraded to 1.0.2 and upgraded again.

Perfect 1.1.1 unlocked now.

Quote Originally Posted by KSpider View Post
    Worked like a charm - ended up getting to an unlocked 1.1.1 and had a few bugs with the double ssh and all, so i restored to a clean phone - downgraded to 1.0.2 and upgraded again.

How long did ieraser take ?

Question Question about being fixed to a single sim card
    Based on what I've read here, this method will deliver and unlocked 1.1.1 phone, but only unlocked to the particular sim card that is in it at the time of unlock.

Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by KSpider View Post

Although I managed to clean up the double SSH and got all the third party stuff going, the phone was flakey and erratic, I ended up doing exactly the same thing - I had already virginised, so I then then wiped the third party stuff, reset the phone, and restored to a clean 1.0.2. From there, I was back to following the guide to end up with an unlocked, jailbroken 1.1.1.

For me, beginning with a clean reset phone made a world of difference, compared to trying to clean up old pieces of no-longer-functioning software while beta-testing other stuff.

Easier to follow along with PF's guide as well, as the screen shots seem to be based on a clean reset phone.

I must have messes up somewhere. I tried to do the pre-1.1.1 upgrade stuff in iNdependence 1.2.5, but it told me it could not SSH. This was after it spun and spun for a while, so I thought it was complete, but couldn't verify. It never prompted me to fit my known hosts, so I went in and removed the iPhone's entry myself and tried the pre-1.1.1 stuff again. Still no good.

Stupid me went ahead and continued with the guide and updated to 1.1.1 using iTunes.

So, now can I downgrade? I can't seem to figure out how to do that?

What are my next steps? Thanks!
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."

You have a couple of choices:

1-From Step 3 of Page 1 of PF's guide:

Step 3. - Restore your iPhone.
    Make sure the iPhone is connected to the computer, and hold down the Sleep and home buttons for 25 seconds until the yellow triangle comes up and asks you to connect to iTunes. iTunes will ask you if you want to restore. Hold down Option and click restore. When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your 1.0.2 folder. You may have to rename that file to .zip and uncompress it, and should NOT download it with Safari, since Safari will decompress it automatically. Use Camino or Firefox. It will begin to restore - let it run its course. Once it has completed, we can move forwards.

If you don't have 1.0.2 already downloaded, PF has provided the actual link to do so in this step in the actual guide.

2-You could do this with Independence as well - check out the Independence Help menu. It has a lot of useful information, especially useful if you were to get into a bind and needed a way out.
    Last edited by jwdav; 10-27-2007 at 01:29 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jwdav For This Useful Post:

ThinkandDrive (10-27-2007)

Okay. So since I virginized before I did the update, if I use iTunes to do a restore, thus downgrading, I should still be in a virginized state? I might give that a shot.

One other thing I should mention is that after I virginized, I couldn't use iNdependence 1.2.5 to activate. I had to use 1.2.1. It worked and I thought all went fine. But maybe that caused it?
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."

Still can't get my unlocked 1.0.2 to unlocked 1.1.1. I have tried twice to activation and jailbreak on Independence 1.2.5 and both time unsuccessful. Restored back to 1.0.2 unlocked right now. According to Coolcat, may be I can use Independence 1.2.3 to get through the activation and jailbreak. But wonder how many times can I actually unlock the iphone before it won't allow me to unlock anymore?

Default Problem with ierase hanging?
    Posting this for those who come after me...

Problem with ierase hanging?

If you get the "Waiting for data..." message and an indefinite hang, try using this version of ierase -- it worked for me.

http://lpahome.com/ieraser.rar

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast