+ Reply
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW GUIDE: Virginize, upgrade, and unlock. From 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So I tried ti update to 1.1.1 i have the typical 1.0.2 unlocked by iunlock and i revirginized fine pre 1.1.1 went fine then update went fine then i ran
    Green Apple
    Thanks

So I tried ti update to 1.1.1 i have the typical 1.0.2 unlocked by iunlock and i revirginized fine pre 1.1.1 went fine then update went fine then i ran into a snag i went to jailbreak 1.1.1 and it said sucess but the phone still said activate and then under the jailbreak sucessful there was abox that said jailbreak failed.
    After that it said i need to downgrade to jailbreak so i did that, two other times it failed so i gave up and am now back to were i was yesterday. Any sugestions about why it fails jailbreak or other things to do that would work?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am at the LAST step: installing anysim 1.1. After I click ok to "Host verification failed" I get another error:

"Couldn't remove entry from /Users/***/.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address."

What is this? Is there another way to put anysim on the iPhone?

Thanks.

EDIT: I managed to install anysim and apptapp by setting a new pass for ssh access.
    Last edited by nevrozel; 10-25-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nevrozel View Post
    I am at the LAST step: installing anysim 1.1. After I click ok to "Host verification failed" I get another error:

"Couldn't remove entry from /Users/***/.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address."

Thanks.
    Sorry cant tell you but I know its been answered in the thread already at least twice, search back it will be quicker

Quote Originally Posted by mgager View Post
    Probably need to go back to the SSH tab in independence and install SSH.

I think my issue was a permissions problem (perhaps due to changing the password in independence). If anyone encounters this issue, I got around it by opening cyberduck, select the "always" option when it asked about adding to keychain (forget the exact wording).
    Try this solution
    Last edited by ericidle; 10-25-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,779 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howai.M View Post
    I am still stuck on step one on virginizing the the iphone.
    I have dont of it ok until i get my hand son terminal.
    I followed the instructions but terminal does not seem to recognise my commands. where am i going wrong?
    here is the command i typed it

Last login: Wed Oct 24 21:48:08 on ttyp2
    Welcome to Darwin!
    unknown-00-19-e3-d6-43-1f:~ howaiman$ ssh -l root 192.168.1.65
    [email protected]'s password:
    -sh-3.2# cd:
    -sh: cd:: command not found
    -sh-3.2# cd /usr/bin
    -sh-3.2# ls
    -sh: ls: command not found
    -sh-3.2#

please help
    You need to reinstall the BSD Subsystem, you most likely tried to install OpenSSH from 2 separate places.

Quote Originally Posted by titeo View Post
    thanks. i don't have a MAC/OSX but i appreciate the effort putted into making such a detailed guide.

thanks in advance for the Windows guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by hat View Post
    thanks a lot wonderfull guide apperciated your efforts but i am wnidows user

can someone pls make for windows in the same way

thanks and wating for windows guide
    There is a simple guide up on I believe page 8 of this thread, possibly page 7. The Windows guide will be a few days unless someone wants to toss one up...

Quote Originally Posted by a.le View Post
    i'm at 1.1.1 and i still get the ip error when trying to put anySIM on my phone
    Couldn't remove entry from /Users/quangle/.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address.
    thanks in advance for the help
    Do what it asks.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar25 View Post
    Can you uninstall anySIM once the process is done or does it need to installed? Thanks again.
    Sure, you can uninstall anySIM. Its only purpose there is to do the actual unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by F-22 View Post
    After virginized my (1.0.2) iPhone, can I do a factory restore first with the 1.0.2 firmware then follow the guide to go about jailbreaking and unlocking my iPhone to 1.1.1? I wish to have a very clean transition from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

Or would following the steps and reaching the UPDATE the firmware to 1.1.1 stage wipe out my iPhone clean, just like a OTB iPhone? I have eperimented and installed too many rubbishes on my iPhone, and I wish to have a new and clean one.

Thanks
    This will give you a fresh "virgin" 1.1.1 version, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by iELEMENT View Post
    I'm having problems Activating the phone. Everytime i clicked the button "Activate Phone", it gives me a window that says:

Failure
    Error. couldn't read from /dev/rdisk0s1

Please Help
    A little more info, please. Which firmware are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Croatian View Post
    I used http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1 method, to unlock my iPhone
    would i be able to revirginize my iphone using this method posted, then upgrade to 1.1.1 then ulock it and use it with non AT&T sim
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by billnjcn View Post
    Thanks a lot for the instruction first, though it doesnot work for me in the first part.

This is the message from the Terminal:

BigMac:~ Han$ ssh -l root 192.168.1.5
    Last login: Wed Oct 24 21:21:46 2007 from 192.168.1.4
    /bin/mv: cannot stat `/var/root/.profile.tmp': No such file or directory
    'MobileFinder will now upload the contents of ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync to ~/iPhone on
    /usr/bin/rsync -avz --progress ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync/ @:~/iPhone
    ssh: : No address associated with hostname
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(453) [sender=2.6.9]
    Upload completed.
    Press enter to exit...

Could anyone give me some idea how to fix this? Thanks.
    Did you type anything or did it just start doing that? You shouldn't be syncing anything at all through Terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by sookysmooth2004 View Post
    Okay... so I got through the whole process. I have it unlocked to T mobile and everything... but now I CANT MAKE CALLS. What do I do to fix this?

Thanks
    More info please. Are you showing service, but it just won't call? Are you not showing any bars? Is it recognizing your SIM?

Quote Originally Posted by ledude View Post
    Anyone here ever upgraded their 1.0.2 iPhone unlocked with anysim 1.1 to fw1.1.1?

Cos this is my setup and would like to upgrade.

I know I don't have to virginize my phone coz anysim.1.1doesnt corrupt the nvram. Please let me know and thanks
    You can just skip the virginizing part.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-Beat23 View Post
    Hey guys,
    can anyone help me! I am not the best in terminal so I got this problem:

This is the message from the Terminal:

chris-macpro:~ Chris$ ssh -l root 192.168.3.32
    Last login: Thu Oct 25 10:28:02 2007 from 192.168.3.29
    /bin/mv: cannot stat `/var/root/.profile.tmp': No such file or directory
    'MobileFinder will now upload the contents of ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync to /Users/Chris/iPhone on 192.168.3.29 and then download the contents of /Users/Chris/iPhone on 192.168.3.29 to ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync. You may be asked for your password twice.
    /usr/bin/rsync -avz --progress ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync/ [email protected]:/Users/Chris/iPhone
    ssh: connect to host 192.168.3.29 port 22: Operation timed out
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(453) [sender=2.6.9]
    /usr/bin/rsync -avz --progress [email protected]:/Users/Chris/iPhone/ ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync
    ssh: connect to host 192.168.3.29 port 22: Operation timed out
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(453) [receiver=2.6.9]
    Upload and Download completed.
    Press enter to exit...

I just want to ssh to my iPhone to re-virginize it, but I can't because the rsync tries to sync files. I already estalished a connection with a successful file transfer, but the terminal still sais "Press enter to exit..."

How can I get rid of this rsync-process?

Please help me, otherwise I'm not able to type the terminal commands to re-virginzie my iPhone (is on 1.0.2 and have installed MobileFinder and Terminal).

Greetings!
    It shouldn't be trying to sync via Terminal at all. Did you previously set it up to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by zimac View Post
    I used this guide to unlock mine. It was a complete success! I had my other (none AT&T) SIM inside the iPhone when started anySIM. Do I have to do this? Or I can unlock without having sim cards inserted...? Because now it only works with the sim that was in it during the anySIM unlocking process.

Can I run anySIM if there is no sim card inserted?
    Thanx!
    A SIM should be inserted, although it really doesn't matter which one. I used my new SIM (T-Mobile one) the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post
    Hi- Great site- many thanks for all of the work!

I seem to fail at the first hurdle- I have downloaded the Virginize pack, but when I try and open it I get a message that an error occurred attempting to expand and that the archice may be damaged..is anyone else having this problem???
    Try downloading it again, also try a different uncompression program. I like ALZIP.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedsNoName View Post
    I tried this, but ran into the following problem

After connecting to my iphone (192.168.0.3) through OSX terminal, it should read:

However, I get:

I don't have a clue what the -sh-3.2# means. And more importantly: if I want to enter the command 'cd /usr/bin', it disconnects from my iPhone after typing 'cd '. Copy/Paste doesn't work either; I just cannot change to the bin-directy in terminal. I followed all the earlier steps outlined before the terminal commands and everything is fine until then.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    You need to resintall the BSD Subsystems. You have tried to install OpenSSH from more than one source is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lamofo View Post
    I am typing in my ip address into terminal and it does not let me move forward. this is what it is saying -

"Last login: Thu Oct 25 09:04:33 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    GMLA-2:~ GMLA$ ssh -1 root 10.0.1.4
    ssh: root: No address associated with nodename
    GMLA-2:~ GMLA$

not sure what to do. trying to move forward on this. tips?
    Are you sure thats your iPhone's IP address?

Quote Originally Posted by nevrozel View Post

Thanks.

EDIT: I managed to install anysim and apptapp by setting a new pass for ssh access.
    That was the path to your known hosts file. You can simply type rm /Users/your.user/.ssh/known_hosts in Terminal, followed by Return.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

ericidle (10-26-2007), Junk13 (10-25-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up My Experience & Tips upgrading from unlocked 1.0.2 -> 1.1.1 unlocked
    I'm happy to say that I've successfully upgraded my unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

There were just 2 things that happened then expected that I'd like to share here so that peeps are aware of it (perhaps this would be clarified with the official 'guide' soon-to-be released tonight)

1) In the step: 'Upgrading 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1'
    when I reach the point where you're instructed to click on 'Firmware'
    then 'Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade', the 'Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade' button was greyed
    out! You would think that you already have the your phone previously
    Jailbreak & SSH install since you're here because u started from an
    unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone. Well, to get around the greyed out button, U
    simply have to click on the 'SSH' option in iNdependence 1.2.5 and
    reinstall SSH! After that the required button will be available

2) In the final step: 'Unlocking the 1.1.1 iPhone anySIM'
    After you've done everything and got your 'Success' message, you'd
    probably like me start straight away to play around with things to
    see if you lost anything or was everything preserved. Eventually you
    realize that the sound level seems to be extremely low. You think out
    loud, "Now isn't 1.1.1 firmware supposed to improve the sound level?
    How's this possible that it sounds worse then before?!"

Don't panic. All you have to do is another 'cold' restart with the Home
    + Sleep buttons combo and presto! New enhanced Loudness

Thank you ** poetic_folly ** for this comprehensive guide! Bravo!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,779 Times in 1,213 Posts

To all who have said thanks for the guide: You are welcome.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Originally Posted by lamofo
    I am typing in my ip address into terminal and it does not let me move forward. this is what it is saying -

"Last login: Thu Oct 25 09:04:33 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    GMLA-2:~ GMLA$ ssh -1 root 10.0.1.4
    ssh: root: No address associated with nodename
    GMLA-2:~ GMLA$

not sure what to do. trying to move forward on this. tips?

Are you sure thats your iPhone's IP address?

when I go into wi-fi settings. that is the IP address it gives me. I know it does not seem right. is there another way to find out your iPhones IP address???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I admire the way you take your time and answer a lot of questions systematically. You are doing a great job folly!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone is on 1.1.1 und unlocked with anysim in austria!

1. iReset my iPhone by itunes JUST PROBLEMS, then i go to this guide
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX i go JUST to step Seventeen and i run anysim and iPhone work on 1.0.2 ROCK`N`ROLL baby
    the this guide

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...nd_OS_X_iPhone

step by step und

and NO PROBLEMS!

thank for all the people for the time and tutorials

very happy strike5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default "Couldn't remove entry from /Users/my name/.ssh/known_hosts." WTF?
    "Couldn't remove entry from /Users/my name/.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address.

I understand that I need to remove a line containing my IP aDDress and that the path to the file is /Users/my name/.ssh/known_hosts, but I can't find the file or the directory. Is it on my iphone or on my computer? How do I get to it? if this is done through terminal how do I access/open the file?

PS. I used virginator.sh to auto run all the code...I'm not terminal savvy.

Cheers

UPDATE**

I now know that to get to /Users/my_name/.ssh/known_hosts, you simply have to click Go in the finder menu, select Go to folder, then paste the path in the field.

To resolve the issue I received while running iNdependence, I deleted the file, known_hosts, completely. I then restarted my computer and a new known_host file was generated.

I will test replacing the I.P. Address in the file with my iPhones to see if that works as well.

Cheers
    Last edited by IsaiahG; 10-25-2007 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Found a solution

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just finished a successful 1.02/iUnlock to 1.11/anySim revirginization update. Pretty much flawless - thanks PF, for the great instructions!

The only variations I hit were having to manually install SSH from Independence (in the "Upgrading 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 section) and having to delete my SSH known hosts file in /Users/ at the install anySIM step.

This last one may confuse some, as the known hosts file and its folder are invisible, so you'd have to use either the terminal or something like PathFinder that shows invisible files to edit or delete it.

In my case, the iPhone IP was not listed, but Independence/iPhone seemed to think it was, so I just tossed the whole known hosts file. Not the first choice, but easier to rebuild my other SSH connections later than to figure another way around this.

The known hosts file path is:
    /Users/yourusername/.ssh/known_hosts

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    ok, after reading the windows version guide about 5 time i'm a bit confused. Does the windows version guide you through activating/jailbreaking it and or unlocking it? From what I've read, the guide only shows you how to virginize your iphone. Since I'm on windows, I can't use iDependence. What program would I use to install anySim and Installer?

Sorry for sounding noob.

Thanks

how is it when PF writes a guide everything goes right for me. hehe thanks to every one for everything. now if they would just put a stop button on the ipod part i would be happy. again thanks for the guides and everything else.
    Bio Boosting iPhone Armour

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    All right, now that the virginizer is out, I have created a guide which will let you know how to get from an unlocked iPhone running 1.0.2 (NOT unlocked with IPSF) to an unlocked iPhone running 1.1.1.

The first installment of the guide, How to Virginize your 1.0.2 iPhone (which is basically just downloading the baseband is all), is now finished. I have the screenshots done for the next 3 bits as well (upgrading to 1.1.1, preparing the 1.1.1 phone for modding/unlock, and unlocking 1.1.1), and will have the guides up tonight.

Good clean fun.
    First time on. Thanks for the post. While Virginizing my unlocked 1.0.2, I am getting a "No such process" message after typing or pasting

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Could not continue on after that. Any word of wisdom?
    Tarit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How's the OTB 1.1.1 phone unlock guide coming?
    Don't forget about us!
    P.S. Thanks for all your hard work, PF.
    It's really refreshing to see you actually come back and answer people's questions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titeo View Post
    ok, after reading the windows version guide about 5 time i'm a bit confused. Does the windows version guide you through activating/jailbreaking it and or unlocking it? From what I've read, the guide only shows you how to virginize your iphone. Since I'm on windows, I can't use iDependence. What program would I use to install anySim and Installer?

Sorry for sounding noob.
    It's just for revirginizing. Dunno if poetic and MMi like outside linking(forgive me if you don't!)...but this is the guide I used to jailbreak/activate/unlock 1.1.1.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12817

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    That was the path to your known hosts file. You can simply type rm /Users/your.user/.ssh/known_hosts in Terminal, followed by Return.
    If I got around this by setting permissions through cyberduck (some sort of adding to the keychain thing that another user suggested), would there be any need to go back and retroactively remove the known hosts file? My phone works fine, I was just wondering.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I always get all correct till the end.Heres my error :
    ProgressUpdated: 98
    ProgressUpdated: 99
    ProgressUpdated: 100
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending end-pack.
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 2 min 4 sec.
    Error: Failed to download .FLS: Could not verify downloaded image.
    Done
    # ./bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.01.13_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:7
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2
    Done

I dont know what it means, can you help me please PF, I have checked all this forum but had not find an answer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there a lockdownd file for this process as well that makes switching sims possible, without having to activate each one in independence?

Thanks

I've been following this for a while and decided to try it tonight.

This is being done on an 8gb 1.0.2 iPhone which was unlocked once with the initial iUnlock release.

I am hung up at the "Waiting for data" step. I've seen PF post a suggestion that the launchtcl command wasn't issues correctly, however I'm pretty sure I've gotten that correct. If there any other way to check? When I issue that command again, it saus that there is no such process, which I assume means I successfully unloaded it. Any other suggestions?
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."