Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Graffiti - HWPen brings handwriting recognition

fun to use but not useful in any way whatsoever. i had to uninstall it because when i opened safari in landscape, the keyboard was like locked in the way as if i were not in landscape. so i couldnt use the space button or the button that activates the app. i will try it again when its no longer in beta and a trusted good app that wont screw with my phone. when i uninstalled i had to hold down sleep/wake and home to get it to reboot. I think it is very amusing but not useful and not worth it since you may end up needing to restore the phone and I know from experience thats not fun to do especially if you havent properly backed up your phone.

PF was very clear and wisely so to advise the backup. OTOH, I installed this program without backing up (because I have access to other iPhones if needed), uninstalled it with the incredibly long spinning wheel/recovery time, and it everything works as good as it did before I installed the program. I strongly advise the backup. I don't see it as mandatory, just a smart move.

The point is....If you installed it and didn't make a backup, and now you want to uninstall it, there is hope.

I'm on 1.0.2 and didn't backup my plist file. After installing it, each time I did anything which would usually bring up the text input interface (keyboard) it would kill the app and jump back to the home screen. I intended to uninstall it so I could use the keyboard again but after reading this thread became worried about not having backed up my plist file. I uninstalled it anyway and everything is working again, including Safari and YouTube.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Not worth risking. I had to do a restore to get everything working again.

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    ATTENTION: UNINSTALL CAUSES SPINNING WHEEL OF DEATH!
    Only fix: SSH to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons and delete new "com.apple.SpringBoard.plist" and replace with your backup!
    Actually no.
    When you uninstall yes the processing wheel spins for a long time but if you let it spin for like 20 mins and don't touch it the phone finally reboots by itself and is totally back to normal.

At least this is what I found with mine on 1.1.4

Hi! i added the source but still can't find it between the applications... is this because i have firmware version 1.1.1??

how o install dis??....
    sorry new here.....

Quote Originally Posted by reptile347 View Post
    Actually no.
    When you uninstall yes the processing wheel spins for a long time but if you let it spin for like 20 mins and don't touch it the phone finally reboots by itself and is totally back to normal.

At least this is what I found with mine on 1.1.4
    yes. but i mean 20mins. thats not normal. thats why i did it myself.
    A*obe CS3 by ubik "teh CS3 iPhone theme":
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48371

My FW way:
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 locked ->1.0.2 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 JB/unlocked. ->1.1.2 JB/locked fxxcked up not booting ->
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.2 JB/unlocked ->update to 1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked fxxcked up, spinning wheel of death ->
    restore 1.1.3-> 1.1.3 JB/unlocked.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pqn View Post
    How do you get this
    You get it by reading the first post

Quote Originally Posted by anneqt08 View Post
    how o install dis??....
    sorry new here.....
    carefully read the first post again
    Last edited by imode; 04-17-2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

After I uninstalled. I noticed that all my text msgs had been erased!! I had a completely empty sms box. Has anyone else experienced this??

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Not worth risking. I had to do a restore to get everything working again.
    Same here! It BRICK´d my 1.1.3 8GB iPhone.
    Damn it. Had to PWNAGE it and lose all my apps.

Will wait to install it again for sure.
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

to uninstall just do a reboot after uninstalling (home+sleep untill apple logo and then let both go) put back your back up plist just in case

OK lefties! I have found that left handed people have trouble writing the letter "t"

Here is the solution!
    1) From left to right, draw the horizontal line. (-)
    2) Then (quickly) from the top down, draw the vertical part. (l)

It should register as a t.

thank me if I helped.

I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wearmaize For This Useful Post:

mikdiamon (04-18-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wearmaize View Post

thank me if I helped.

How about a cookie instead?

This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you actually uninstall this application if it doesn't appear in Installer?

ppl seem to be having all these problems but i havven't found many.. its pretty friggin aamazing honestly, i just spent a few hundred on a translator where i could write chinese characters directly into itt and have the output read back the pinyin or english translation, now this new functionality allows me to do both on the iphone, in case anybody is wondering about the chinese character recognition.. it's nearly flawless, much better that the latin character recognition, but then again chinese characters ARE more distinctive so this is a logical flaw. a few of the main problems are that theres no support for a horizontal keyboard use yet, in fact it basically disables your horizontal keyboard all together, but i didn't find this to be much of an issue because i never use it. also it would be nice if they integrated pinyin to character recognition, but this is an awesome start, thanks so much to the developers! also if anybody knows of a native wedict chinese dictionary or any kind of chinese to english dictionary for the iphone please tell me!! the cedict webapp one works but im looking for one i can use offline also, thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

I know everyonee was saying if you uninstall it, it will brick your phone....its not true.

if you get that never ending spinning weel and un-installing this app....just lett it sit there for however long it takes(took me ten minutes almost) then your iphone will miraculously reboot on its own, and your iPhone will be fine =]
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Default cool
    cool nice application but a bit slow to transform into text

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aamodr View Post
    cool nice application but a bit slow to transform into text
    Yeah I agree, but I wouldn't call it an app. Its more like a super mod.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Seriously how do you uninstall this app? It isn't the in the applications folder on the Iphone.

Edit: deleted the folder HWpen and it bricked my 1.1.4 Stuck at the Apple Logo
    Looks Like I will have to pwn all over again
    Last edited by lunatic16; 04-19-2008 at 12:34 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast