Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bonjour on the iPhone!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default Bonjour on the iPhone!
    Ladies and gentleman... Erica Sadun from TUAW has succeeded in getting Bonjour to work on the iPhone. Read about it here.

Holy. Cow. Do I ever need some rest. I just spent most of last night figuring out how to get Bonjour (aka mDNS) running on my iPhone. Bonjour offers configuration-free networking technology. Computers (and iPhones) automagically broadcast their services, which you can then listen for and take advantage of. This has been a long-term project that I've been plugging away at for months.

So what makes this exciting? With Bonjour, your iPhone and touch can talk to your Mac. They can talk to printers or to each other. They can browse for available services or provide their own as a server. What I put together was a pair of applications: PicSend and PicListen. These apps allow you to subscribe to a camera on another person's iPhone. Just tell that iPhone to snap a picture and within seconds that picture appears on your own screen.
    Hit the link to read the rest!

TUAW

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Thanks

This sounds pretty crazy. I believe that i'm down with this.
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

Show your appreciation by using the button.

Make.SURE.You.""

Thanks

Thumbs up Erica Rulz!
    This is amazing!

Woohoo!

this is beyond our humble minds!!!
    but its great !?!?!?!?!?!

Wow, this is an amazing tool to be used between iphone and macs. Been using bonjour on my macs since it was developed so this is very usefull for me

w00t
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

Default help me
    hello
    i have unlock iphone & freesim white ver 1.0.2 . but this iphone have not a installer .plz help me how to get it and run in my iphone .i have a pc computer i have not appel system . help me .help me

Angry Die, spammer, die?
    Quote Originally Posted by aletaha View Post
    hello
    i have unlock iphone & freesim white ver 1.0.2 . but this iphone have not a installer .plz help me how to get it and run in my iphone .i have a pc computer i have not appel system . help me .help me
    To start with, die.

Next, learn English, and proper spelling.

...then die.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

people who cant mod version 1.1.1 should go back to their sidekicks and away from here..im not hating on them for being noobs but for them spamming every topic with " ZOMG!!!?!?! i upgraded and the GUI doesnt work sad face...can someone go over this with me for the millionth time so i can keep asking in 5 minutes ZOMG!!11!!!1!!?@!#?!#

thats sick

Now this is one of the most amazing applications applied to the iphone I have seen yet. I only run PC computers here at my home and personally haven't touched a mac for about 8 years but it looks as though to use the full capability of your iphone you really need a apple computer which is quite disappointing. Sounds as though I'm going to have to get OSX running here..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyMac30 View Post
    To start with, die.

Next, learn English, and proper spelling.

...then die.
    How do you know, it's not just a new "Cult" language?

Quote Originally Posted by abalfour View Post
    How do you know, it's not just a new "Cult" language?
    hahahah nice one. but yea those posts are really annoying. learn to just like type correctly and post in the right spot.

As for the original topic of this post, WOW. that is GREAT news. It might be a while before its ready for a public release and/or a guide to get it working, but think of the possibilities!! i already type papers and lyrics and things on my phone with text edit and just drag it over with ssh, copy in word, and print and its really convenient, but THIS is a major major development. wow.
    i LOVE apple.

i got it working on 2 iphones but only one can receive and the other can just send.. the one that recieve is running 1.1.1 and is the phone i use for calls and everything else the other is just sitting there as my backup and my test phone for new hacks. i still dont know were it saves the picture also on the recieveing end u cant tell what u snaping until it comes in, works well over wifi..

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    i got it working on 2 iphones but only one can receive and the other can just send.. the one that recieve is running 1.1.1 and is the phone i use for calls and everything else the other is just sitting there as my backup and my test phone for new hacks. i still dont know were it saves the picture also on the recieveing end u cant tell what u snaping until it comes in, works well over wifi..
    how did you get piclisten to work? i get a blank screen with piclisten but picsend works fine.

I'm confused, doesn't Tiger come with Bonjour? If so where is it?!

Quote Originally Posted by anthoneous View Post
    how did you get piclisten to work? i get a blank screen with piclisten but picsend works fine.
    i didnt do anything really just install both files on both phones.. Make sure both are on wifi.. You do have 2 iphones right it also post to work with mac's picturebrowser or something..

also make sure picsend is on first then on the other phone turn on piclisten make sure ur on wifi..
    Last edited by LaZARuZ; 10-23-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Goddamn brilliant. This could become the killer app for the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    i didnt do anything really just install both files on both phones.. Make sure both are on wifi.. You do have 2 iphones right it also post to work with mac's picturebrowser or something..

also make sure picsend is on first then on the other phone turn on piclisten make sure ur on wifi..
    oh ok thanks man this would be so cool when they figure out how to work this remotely with iphones far away!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast