Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Elite Dev Team revirginizer Tool

Works great. This thing is a godsend!

wow..nice....cant wait till the instructions are up

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Is out!

A guide will be up later today...

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...irginizingTool
    Poetic Has posted a guide he created on how to make this method easy... Just thought I would let people know if they don't read the news page.

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...nd_OS_X_iPhone

*waits for one click application *

how noobie of me. lol.

I need to learn how to make Iphone applications. If i did, id totally make a one click app for this.

I dont know much, but with that virginizer.sh file, making a nice GUI for this should be simple.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Hi,
    Thanks for posting the guide PF... Whenever I try to download the files I get a message saying that I'm trying to download another file too fast and that I have to wait 12 seconds.... Any idea what that's all about?

Is anyone who virginized with geo's method, going to re-virginize with this method?

Hi guys, I was able to download the files. When I try to connect with Cyberduck it doesn't work. My iPhone reports a ip address of 10.0.1.3

OK, I got all the way to the end of the proceedure

< ProgressUpdated: 99
    ProgressUpdated: 100
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending end-pack.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Checksum OK.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Verify OK
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 1 min 50 sec.
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +cpwroff...
    Done>>>

but got this final result:

# ./bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    baseband unresponsive to pinging
    Done
    #

Ran it all again and got the correct results. I'm updating to 1.1.1.... If I unlock with anysim 1.1.1 can it be restored to factory in case it ever needs service?
    Last edited by Vincent; 10-24-2007 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Did IPSF fix my basebabd?
    I have a question.

I unlocked 1.0.2 with unlock.app. When 1.1.1 came out, I wanted to upgrade ASAP because of the deleted-messages problem on Exchange.

I bought IPSF to upgrade and got to 1.1.1. When I got there, I found out the deleted-messages problem still exists with Exchange 2007 (as well as my voicemail indicator didn't work anymore), so I went back to 1.0.2.

My question is this: where does this leave my baseband? Did IPSF fix the corruption caused by unlock.app, or do I still need to re-virginize? (And CAN I revirginize from where I am right now?)

The posted guide is for a Mac. Is the windows PC way basically the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by dalton voss View Post
    Did IPSF fix the corruption caused by unlock.app, or do I still need to re-virginize? (And CAN I revirginize from where I am right now?)
    Yes (sort of) and no (currently).

As far as I understand, Unlock.app left the seczone in the wrong state, but IPSF wrote over that with something else, and that is accepted as OK. But you are not "virgin" still, and unless you did a nordump before IPSF, you may have lost some unique data that may not be recoverable. However, the only reason you would need to revirginize in the future is if Apple fixes the RSA bug that allows IPSF to work, and it is not clear if this will happen or not.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for posting the guide PF... Whenever I try to download the files I get a message saying that I'm trying to download another file too fast and that I have to wait 12 seconds.... Any idea what that's all about?
    Is this resolved yet?

Quote Originally Posted by shiny-blanket View Post
    Is anyone who virginized with geo's method, going to re-virginize with this method?
    Not sure yet. geohots method essentially writes 0's to your seczone, which is not the best way of doing it. Wait on confirmation before doing anything, or just try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Hi guys, I was able to download the files. When I try to connect with Cyberduck it doesn't work. My iPhone reports a ip address of 10.0.1.3

OK, I got all the way to the end of the proceedure

< ProgressUpdated: 99
    ProgressUpdated: 100
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending end-pack.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Checksum OK.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Verify OK
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 1 min 50 sec.
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +cpwroff...
    Done>>>

but got this final result:

# ./bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    baseband unresponsive to pinging
    Done
    #

Ran it all again and got the correct results. I'm updating to 1.1.1.... If I unlock with anysim 1.1.1 can it be restored to factory in case it ever needs service?
    Yes, and this is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by dalton voss View Post
    I have a question.

I unlocked 1.0.2 with unlock.app. When 1.1.1 came out, I wanted to upgrade ASAP because of the deleted-messages problem on Exchange.

I bought IPSF to upgrade and got to 1.1.1. When I got there, I found out the deleted-messages problem still exists with Exchange 2007 (as well as my voicemail indicator didn't work anymore), so I went back to 1.0.2.

My question is this: where does this leave my baseband? Did IPSF fix the corruption caused by unlock.app, or do I still need to re-virginize? (And CAN I revirginize from where I am right now?)
    IPSF fixes the baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by famac! View Post
    The posted guide is for a Mac. Is the windows PC way basically the same thing?
    Yes.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

IPSF fixes the baseband.
    Thanks, good to know. Here's one for you - has anyone else heard of this method?

http://www.gizter.com/fox/index.php/...g/view/id_597/

It's tempting but it also looks like it could be brick-inducing, I dunno...

Thanks

Not sure yet. geohots method essentially writes 0's to your seczone, which is not the best way of doing it. Wait on confirmation before doing anything, or just try it out.
    EEK!! So next update im screwed
    Ah ill fix it later...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234