Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fring it. Fring it Good. VOIP on the iPhone

Hybrid View

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default Fring it. Fring it Good. VOIP on the iPhone
    Well the folks at fring have done it. You can now fring your iPhone. What does fring mean? I have no idea but it sure does sound cool . . .

What exactly is fring? It is a mobile voip / im native app that allows you to talk to all your friends and enemies for free over wifi. Included are all the major im clients including fring, Skype, MSN, Google Talk, ICQ, Twitter, Yahoo, and AIM. Oh and best of all. This is free.

You can get their pre release now by adding their source, http://fring.com/iphone.xml to Installer and then looking for it in the "fring" category.

Any of your touchers have a microphone? Post if Fring works on your iTouch!

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

I just tried it and it is awesome! Skyype is so cool!

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

man i'm loving it too bad it disconnect when i'm on edge
     Think Different

Sweet Action....Something To Keep Me Occupied While I Wait For Winpwn....Im Sad Again Now LOL

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

amazing!
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Thanks

Default Very Cool!
    I have not even tried voice yet but finally a usable gtalk client for iphone! It keeps running in the background and makes a sound when you get a new text.

Theres also a send and receive file feature but it does not seem available in this version. Can't w8!

This rocks!
    Last edited by mikdiamon; 04-15-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Man this looks great but I can't seem to get my skype account to subscribe. Anyone else having this issue?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eazyc10 View Post
    Man this looks great but I can't seem to get my skype account to subscribe. Anyone else having this issue?

Yeah I'm having the same problems as u. All it does its just says subcribing and thats it... I can log on to MSN messenger though....

Please help us...

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Yeah I'm having the same problems as u. All it does its just says subcribing and thats it... I can log on to MSN messenger though....

Please help us...
    Just keep trying it.. it will go through...

Worked fine for me on my iPhone.
    No problems with SMS messages being deleted.
    Skype calls OK.
    SIP calls ok, during the first few seconds of the call the other party cant hear my voice, but then everythig is OK.
    Had problems subscribing to Skype but after a few tries everything went throught OK.

One suggestion: It would be nice to be able to disable Skype or MSN etc and be able to loginto them again without having to Subscribe again.
    This would be useful when I'm using my PC and want to make a SIP call (when Fring logs me in to MSN I get logged out on my PC).

Probably one of the most usefull apps on the iPhone at the moment for me.
    Last edited by johncunha; 04-16-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how can one place a call to a landline or cell phone using this app. Skype only lets calls go through to other skype users correct?

having the same problem skype isnt subscribing right anyone go ta solution and another thing that should be improved is the chat interface which doesnt let you see what your typing, be cooler if it had the same chat interface apollo does

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazi4 View Post
    having the same problem skype isnt subscribing right anyone go ta solution and another thing that should be improved is the chat interface which doesnt let you see what your typing, be cooler if it had the same chat interface apollo does
    if you wait a bit skype eventually does subscribe..

and what about the chat interface? it is the same!
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

so does this allow all the perks of yahoo or aim or msn where you can do voice chatting through there? for instance would a buddy on msn be able to "call my computer (my iphone)" and then voice chat like that?

it keeps subscribing....................................... ............................
    and subscribing.............................

update : up and running!
    Last edited by stocis; 04-15-2008 at 11:48 AM.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

I'm wondering if there's some kind of load issue. It seems like the initial posters got on somehow

Awsome!

wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
    thats rock .............

Thanks

I think it may be a skype issue i was having a hard time looging on on my laptop too but it finally connected on fring

how about a cydia source?

This is something to keep ppl occupied for some time while pwned for windows is released..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast