Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fring it. Fring it Good. VOIP on the iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Will they update this to work with edge??

so let me get this straight if i buy a skype account for $3/month to make calls to landlines and cellphones over wifi it doesn't work yet on fring?

ahh when it connecting it go back to home screen what make it do that

Angry Can't install Fring by Installer app
    I am able to download fring by installer app but when I get to "installing package" my iphone simply flashes back to the springboard and fring doesn't install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running 1.1.3 with modem firmware 04.02.13_G and bootloader version 4.6_M3S2.
    Thanks. JP

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Jasonm253, How does yours work over Edge?? when I tried turning my wifi off and just use Edge it said "voice calls on Edge are not supported", or were you just using chat?

Thanks.

Thanks

works fine in hawaii, edge

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

mwr allen! i was using just chat not voice! i can try tho real quick and test it but other ppl are stating it works over edge as well but i dunno if they are just using chat!

Thanks

chat (text) works with edge. Need wifi to make voice calls.

I can't do either tho cuz the damn thing keeps deleting my SMS text!!! I need a update in a big way!!! I love this app but can't run it cuz i need my freakin sms!!!

it always freezes on me when its loading my msn buddy list?
    iPhone 8G
    1.1.4 Unlocked on Rogers (ZiPhone)
    Jailbroken
    Windows XP + Mac OS X Leopard

Ya good app but are they updating soon? Still won't work over edge for me and sometimes I have to exit and restart it in order to see my buddy list, or load it up, whatever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great Start for beta version. I love it...

First of all a word of special thanks to the developers, it's awesome and I love it, I have been wanting this feature for a long long time..... I simply love it....

Just a few things which I observed while testing...
    1. Sometimes I could not hear anything when I made or receive calls using skype but the other party could hear me very clearly... May be a sype issue at times.
    2. I would also love to have a speaker phone option as well
    3. If I add both Yahoo and Skpe as the communities, it mixes the list of contacts into one buddy list, which makes it hard to identify contacts from Yahoo and skype. Maybe some kind of differentiation would really help.

Overall great work for a beta version, wish you all the best and hope to see more and more from you guys.

Hi guys,

I have an issue with my fring and skype... every time that I log in into the skype with fring I didn't see all my contacts, I read in the forum of Fring that this happen because Fring can not display the contacts of skype that have a question mark ( you can see it in a computer, not in the Fring application). I think that I need exchange contact information with these contact, in other words I need log in into the skype in my computer and also my contact that have the question mark in order to exchange the contact information.

I wonder If anyone have this issue and if this is the case of the issue...

Thanks in advance

It's working very well, chat really nice, i can call to computer very clear with the iphone, I've tried with another Ipone using fring, can chatt very well and fast, but if i tried to make a call thru wifi iphone to another wifi iphone nothing happens and sometimes it crashes, Has anyone has the same problem or tried out?

TIA

i installed it also to use skype first time around grabbed all my contacts and then by mistake i de-subbed from skype and ever since will not resub to skype anymore???

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678