Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFuntastic 4.6.1 Free Ringtones + Jailbreak for 1.1.1 (OSX)

so does that mean i can upgrade my firmware if i run this?

I have a GoPhone and upgrading to 1.1.1 was scaring me. But I decided to give it a try with the new iFuntastic. The upgrading was smooth...

BUT...

After installing a few applications, I tried to reorganize the icons on my iPhone and get rid of some of them. The display looked fine on iFuntastic, but when I updated the look on the iPhone, it was all messed up. Icons were scattered and it was creating a second page when I didnt need one. I tried fixing the problem, but nothing would change. So I decided to restore through iTunes and then jailbreak it again with iFuntastic... but I'm out of trials and iFuntastic is asking me to pay $5 to be able to jailbreak my iPhone. Great...

Quote Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
    photos you took with your iPhone's camera are deleted when you change firmware.
    No it's not the camera photos, it's actually the photos on my mac. I checked off what I want to sync and they don't transfer to the phone. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, I went to explorer on my phone and the photos folder is not were it use to be. Did it move??

Thanks!

Default Goodnoughgreg
    Hello am a member of this website and i diont really understand it. I really like your help, or if you cant help me could tell me who to contact that will help me because i cant get any of the things on this site on to my iphone. i do have ibricker and apptapp installed on my phone. I see you post new things often i figured you were an expert with these things if u could get back to me at [email protected] i would really apprecate it. thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Pls correct me if I'm wrong but I think it lacks one tool I need, Activate iPhone (with non AT&T SIM).

unlocking I think is no problem since it will install App Tapp so you can just get Any Sim 1.1 and unlock that way.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    Pls correct me if I'm wrong but I think it lacks one tool I need, Activate iPhone (with non AT&T SIM).

unlocking I think is no problem since it will install App Tapp so you can just get Any Sim 1.1 and unlock that way.
    Assuming this is right, I'd like to know more generally, if I can do the following with an OTB 1.1.1 iPhone I'm gonna receive next week (I won´t have immediate Wifi access):

- downgrade and Activate under 1.0.2 with Independence
    - upgrade / jaibreak / installer with iFuntastic
    - finally unlock with AnySim

I will be running Mac OS without Wifi.

Thanks for your help!

I am utterly disgusted by iFuntastic using 3rd party apps for jailbreaking that were provided free to the iPhone community and then go ahead and charge users for the use of those free utilities. So if you need more trials for jailbreaking, simply rename the Shared folder in /Users/S to something else (e.g. Shared_). iTunes will create a new Shared folder, but you will get another 5 free jailbreak attempts.

I am loving the posts from people who just DONT READ, such as will iFuntastic unlock my iPhone, or is this for PC. It is almost as if some of you have never touched a computer before.

this program is pretty nifty, file browsing and ringtone works, I already jailbroke and sshed my iPhone....manually weeks ago, so i cant really tell you how the jail breaking function works. Messing with the home screen and system sounds is wacky on iFuntastic, and it always has been.

I will say that the ringtone conversion is sweet, but i hate how you have to re sync your ring tones every time you sync iTunes. I remember there was some guide to preventing that when you manually create ringtone m4r files, I haven't gotten around to seeing if that works with this.

Thanks!
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

Default I Funtastic Keeps Quiting
    Everytime I Start I Funtastic 4.6.1 It Keeps Saying There Is A Problem And It Quits.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I am utterly disgusted by iFuntastic using 3rd party apps for jailbreaking that were provided free to the iPhone community and then go ahead and charge users for the use of those free utilities. So if you need more trials for jailbreaking, simply rename the Shared folder in /Users/S to something else (e.g. Shared_). iTunes will create a new Shared folder, but you will get another 5 free jailbreak attempts.
    I do not see anything that requires you pay for iFuntastic? where does it say that? I am running it right now, tell me. This is donate-ware is it not?
    Dear iPhone 3.0.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benoah View Post
    Assuming this is right, I'd like to know more generally, if I can do the following with an OTB 1.1.1 iPhone I'm gonna receive next week (I won´t have immediate Wifi access):

- downgrade and Activate under 1.0.2 with Independence
    - upgrade / jaibreak / installer with iFuntastic
    - finally unlock with AnySim

I will be running Mac OS without Wifi.

Thanks for your help!
    I'm planning on doing the same thing. Assuming you don't need to activate again after upgrading and before jailbreaking. Perhaps iFuntastic will also activate when you jailbreak ?

Is anyone running into the problem when u drag the Ipod icon to the bottom of the home screen and update it dissappears but whenever u move it to the 3rd row it shows back up?

Quote Originally Posted by GLOD! View Post
    I do not see anything that requires you pay for iFuntastic? where does it say that? I am running it right now, tell me. This is donate-ware is it not?
    Well, open it and go to "feature"
    Now you see: Feature Pack $25.-, switch Firmware $5.-, Ringtone $5.-, custom apps $5.-

I upgraded to 1.1.1 with iFuntastic. I tried to reorganize some icons on my iPhone, but iFuntastic messed up the display. I restored and tried jailbreaking again... that's where I was asked to pay $5. Probably it only allows you to upgrade/jailbreak once or a few times and then you have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneroeth View Post
    Well, open it and go to "feature"
    Now you see: Feature Pack $25.-, switch Firmware $5.-, Ringtone $5.-, custom apps $5.-
    that really sucks, downright retarded, sorry about what i said earlier

you can use the older free iFuntastic to use as a filebrowser for 1.1.1 btw, i rather scp though..

whats odd is i have been using the ringtone thing several times this day, and it still says 5 left, whats up with that!?
    Last edited by GLOD!; 10-23-2007 at 05:20 PM.
    Dear iPhone 3.0.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

does this also downgrades the baseband?

Thanks armadillo for your help!! Following your instructions I was able to get more free trials and go through the entire process with iFuntastic to jailbreak 1.1.1. Thanks again!!! Now it works just fine

Anyone having trouble with the Ipod icon disappearing when you try to place it on the bottom of the dock? Also, i'm unable to add and remove songs now that i have 4 on there. any ideas?

I was having a similar problem the first time I used iFuntastic to upgrade to 1.1.1 yesterday. That's way I decided to restore and leave the icons unchanged for now...

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I cant find that folder. Can I get the complete path? I wasted all my attempts trying it out, unawre that you had to pay for it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast