+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFuntastic 4.6.1 Free Ringtones + Jailbreak for 1.1.1 (OSX)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ok, I just restarted the computer, iPhone showed up in iTunes like it should. The software was still set to - 1.1.1 but I restored anyway. I decided to unshackle
    Thanks

Ok, I just restarted the computer, iPhone showed up in iTunes like it should. The software was still set to - 1.1.1 but I restored anyway. I decided to unshackle in iFuntastic again, much to my disappointment, it did the same thing. iTunes doesn't seem to want to cooperate, in the sense that it isn't doing what the wizard windows are saying in iFuntastic. I'm not really good with this stuff, so maybe I should leave well enough alone All I wanted was a little appInstaller!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea i saw that. it went from free to paying? Whats up with that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If i have an unlocked 1.0.2 iphone, can i upgrade to 1.1.1 with this new ifuntastic?? it seems really easy but i dont know if it screw it up because it says that if u have an 1.0.2 unlocked it is not recomended, what to do? i have wait patiently for an easy upgrader to 1.1.1 and unlocker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I haven't been up to date with everytong lately, but does this work with the latest version of iTunes on OSX?
    quote of the night at a bar, "Yes, this is an iPhone and no you can't play with it."

Thanks

Just what we need, another convoluted app that raises more questions than it answers. And they want money. For what? A jailbreak that will last until Friday?
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.

Thanks

The charge for unshackling may in fact be illegal, since if they use the GNU code (iPhuc) to accomplish this (as they did in the past), then they are violating the license. I think it's okay to charge for stuff they provide through their own coding, but using GNU code is clearly a problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question Can it make me a virgin?
    My iPhone is AT&T and I unlocked it... can this virginize it again?... so I can go to 1.1.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    dude... there already is, installer 3, I've been running it for a while now. ... SFTP/SSH is a very easy way to mod, but iFuntastic has been with us the whole way through. Though I do not like the 'payments instead of donations' thing they go goin' on over there...

I love the ringtones section, I might pay for it, rename your bought iTunes songs to m4a and they work like a charm... If they end up playing.
    I know that its inside installer 3, but as for now there is no installer for 1.1.1. And a bunch of us are wating for this to happen, and I hope it will be soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

Let the bricking commence.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chancre_scolex For This Useful Post:

gazapo (10-23-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Doesn't work...
    Well I can't get it to ...
    Last edited by adam.barb; 10-22-2007 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adam.barb View Post
    Doesn't work...
    Well I can't get it to ...
    A forum virgine lol. You cant change that its something that the board does. After x number of posts it will change.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this UNLCOK iphonnes?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, is this the answer to unlock version 1.1.1 or not ?

Thanks
    My Humble Apologies but I have a few questions to ask before actually pulling this stunt off.

Here is my Phone Specifications at the moment:

FW : 1.0.2 ( 1C28 )
    Baseband : 03.14.08_G
    Activated / Jailbreaked with iNdependence
    Sim Free with Anysim 1.02

Question :
    Can I now upgrade to 1.1.1 via iTunes and then use this to jailbreak / activate ?

Question :
    If the answer is yes, would Anysim now 1.1 work ?
    If the answer is no, then I would still have to wait for Re-Virginiser from Team Dev before trying anything ?

I have also tried to use iNdependence to upgrade my 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 but it bricked my phone and I had to follow http://rdgaccess.com/iphone-elite/vi....php?p=141#141 's link to restore my baseband and other stuff on my Iphone.

This is what actually happened to me. After the special pre 1.1.1 upgrade from iNdependence I had my Iphone upgraded to 1.1.1 with A V4 baseband installed to it. Anysim 1.1 was installed and Viola ! it worked on my non AT&T simcard. But after a reboot on my phone, it said my sim card wasn't recognized and running Anysim 1.1 ends up with an error saying that it failed to perform the operation hence the downgrade back to 1.0.2 and V3 baseband. I'm sure that some Iphone users do face the same issue as I did and spending hours just to flash and re-flash isn't what I would call a fun hobby. But it was the tries that count

I hope that this question might be answered in detail as a real clarification is welcomed to most of us out there.

Cheers
    Kay
    Malaysia
    Last edited by scooticus; 10-23-2007 at 05:19 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default No photos...
    Hi guys, has anyone tried this yet? It worked like a charm, downgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 with installer.app. Problem now is that there is no photos on my iPhone. Music, calendar, etc synched up fine and show up on my iPhone. Does someone know of a fix for this?

Thanks!!!

Thanks

photos you took with your iPhone's camera are deleted when you change firmware.
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't understand what are you trying to say ?

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    A forum virgine lol. You cant change that its something that the board does. After x number of posts it will change.
    Last edited by adam.barb; 10-23-2007 at 07:30 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Murfunit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Does this UNLCOK iphonnes?
    NO

This allows for modifications, it will jailbreak, add or remove files and applications, allow for themes and the like.

It prepares the phone to accept an unlock (As in JAILBREAKS it)

Quote Originally Posted by scooticus View Post
    My Humble Apologies but I have a few questions to ask before actually pulling this stunt off.

Here is my Phone Specifications at the moment:

FW : 1.0.2 ( 1C28 )
    Baseband : 03.14.08_G
    Activated / Jailbreaked with iNdependence
    Sim Free with Anysim 1.02

Question :
    Can I now upgrade to 1.1.1 via iTunes and then use this to jailbreak / activate ?

Question :
    If the answer is yes, would Anysim now 1.1 work ?
    If the answer is no, then I would still have to wait for Re-Virginiser from Team Dev before trying anything ?
    No. Your phone can not be upgraded via iTunes to 1.1.1 and be jailbroken with this application. It is not a revirginizer.

AnySIM 1.0.2 made changes to your phone that damaged the baseband radio, That damage can not be corrected by any jailbreak or 'normal' downgrading or upgrading process.

What you will need to do is virginize the phone first. Currently it's a long tedious process (There are several guides and discussions HERE.) but the people who worked out how to do it are working on an easier (GUI) method. So stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by musa88 View Post
    If i have an unlocked 1.0.2 iphone, can i upgrade to 1.1.1 with this new ifuntastic?? it seems really easy but i dont know if it screw it up because it says that if u have an 1.0.2 unlocked it is not recomended, what to do? i have wait patiently for an easy upgrader to 1.1.1 and unlocker
    You wait for a virginizer. There is a process described HERE but currently it is a tedious task not to be taken up by the faint of heart
    Last edited by Murfunit; 10-23-2007 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfunit For This Useful Post:

tbrose (10-23-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default What cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
    Just what we need, another convoluted app that raises more questions than it answers. And they want money. For what? A jailbreak that will last until Friday?
    What are all of you going on about? Not only have those of us who are less tech savvy been waiting for a simple point-and-click GUI for OS X that will do all the necessary steps to upgrade to and jailbreak 1.1.1 (which it does very very simply and well, I just did it early this morning), but it didnt cost a dime. They don't make you pay for the program or to do the upgrade/jailbreak. So really, what are you complaining about? And it will work forever on 1.1.1, it doesn't become obsolete when the next update comes out, just like 1.0.2 can still be hacked the old way. You'd just have to wait for the dev team to analyze the new firmware and find a way around it just like they did with this, and then for someone to make a GUI, like this one. That's the song and dance. Stop being so cynical. Plenty of us are very thankful this finally came out.

Sent from my iFuntastic-jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome! great timing. itoner is about to expire. downloading now...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad