+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 150 of 150

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Pwnage 1.1 - Return of the Pwnapple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by killian As you say you would need to pwn your phone, I would unlock (needed for certain networks to get a signal, o2uk for example), activate and
...
  1. #141
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by killian View Post
    As you say you would need to pwn your phone, I would unlock (needed for certain networks to get a signal, o2uk for example), activate and install bootneuter. Once this is done I can't see why you wouldn't be able to restore from a windows pc, however I haven't tested this.

    If you have an issue put your phone in recovery and restore 1.1.4, though you'll have to re-install any apps you had.
    Great, thanks again for your reply. So just to clarify, by pwn do you mean I just build the firmware on the mac for the beta, make sure I select activate, then bring it to my PC and restore in itunes using the firmware?

    I shouldn't have to unlock because I am AT&T right?

  2. #142
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thewhiterabbit9 View Post
    Great, thanks again for your reply. So just to clarify, by pwn do you mean I just build the firmware on the mac for the beta, make sure I select activate, then bring it to my PC and restore in itunes using the firmware?

    I shouldn't have to unlock because I am AT&T right?
    By pwn he would mean that you first have to pwn the hardware part, or make sure that you do the first part in this howto http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...e_Guide_PWN_It .

    Basically I would follow this all till you get to the part of using itunes to restore because you might be able to do that at home.

    I am on AT&T and when I had activate selected I didn't get service so I had to rebuild and uncheck activate. You also don't have to unlock either since it is AT&T.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

    thewhiterabbit9 (04-16-2008)

  4. #143
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Great & Amazing
    I would have to say it looks good changing the partition size is a plus can't wait to get a 16 or 32gb when it comes out.
    Works fine on OSX86 for anyone who is running that is wondering.

  5. #144
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    YAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    still no windows, this sucks.


    I think it's sad that these Windows whiners don't have any friends with Macs who will help them out while they're waiting for free software to be developed.


    what a jerk! if all mac users are like you, i hope i NEVER have a friend with one!

    JEEZE!!!!
    wat he said. All my friends barely use computers as it is, let alone a mac. If it were the other way around, and we were all pwning our phones, you'd be complaining just as much

  6. #145
    Green Apple zoolander369's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default No Signal Whatsoever After Using Pwnage 1.1
    This sucks. I'll try iLibertyX. Strike!

  7. #146
    Green Apple RonMexico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fresno,Ca
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Again

    WHY is this the "safer jailbreak"

  8. #147
    Green Apple iCity11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Ok Guys...Need Some Help...I Got My iPhone Pwned Finally Because I Decided To Stop Whinin And Dual Boot LOL...Now My iPhone Didnt Have A Baseband So I Couldnt Make Calls Or Hear Sounds Nor Use Wifi...I Was Told That Bootneuter Would Help Me With That But When It Starts Up It Flashes The Bootloader Fine And When It Tries To Flash Tha Baseband It Fails(Most Likely Due To There Not Being One)...Any Suggestions?

    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

  9. #148
    iPhone? More like MyPhone f00fighters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    HELP! I have a brand new iPhone that has never been activated, I opened it, followed the instructions, but when i get to the part where i Load iTunes, it tells me to ACTIVATE my iPhone with AT&T, I don't get that screen that says CHECK FOR UPDATE/RESTORE, help, what do i do????? PLEASE ANYONE
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nevermind, I fixed it. Sorry for the gay uproar, I was feeling under pressure, because I was unlocking my boss's phone. After i Pwned the iPhone, I had to put it into recovery mode again, then load iTunes, at which point it took me to the screen that says "Update" / "Restore"
    Last edited by f00fighters; 04-22-2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Updated: Problem Solved

  10. #149
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Please help!!!!
    Hi guys,

    I have a 1.1.4 iPhone 8GB. I got two images- 5A240d and 5A240d Custom. I put it in DFU mode and held down option in iTunes and did Restore with the 5A240d Custom image... no cigar. Gives me a 1604 error. So I do the 5A240d image. It goes in fine but I can't activate because my device isn't part of the developer program. So I take the 5A240d image into PwnageTool 1.1 and make me a new custom image but when I put the phone in DFU mode and try to restore it with my new image I get a 1604 error again.

    Is there something I'm doing wrong?


    Quote Originally Posted by f00fighters View Post
    HELP! I have a brand new iPhone that has never been activated, I opened it, followed the instructions, but when i get to the part where i Load iTunes, it tells me to ACTIVATE my iPhone with AT&T, I don't get that screen that says CHECK FOR UPDATE/RESTORE, help, what do i do????? PLEASE ANYONE
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nevermind, I fixed it. Sorry for the gay uproar, I was feeling under pressure, because I was unlocking my boss's phone. After i Pwned the iPhone, I had to put it into recovery mode again, then load iTunes, at which point it took me to the screen that says "Update" / "Restore"
    Last edited by bobtharasta; 04-23-2008 at 02:58 PM.

  11. #150
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ok wondered if someone could help me out here. I pwned my iPhone using pwnage, get the custom logos etc. I restored using a custom ipsw made in pwnage, and it restores fine. but the bsd subsystem seems to not be installed, it still shows up as downloadable in installer, and some apps say i need to download it to be able to use them, is there a solution for this? thanks

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts