+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 1.1 - Return of the Pwnapple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Its very simple, make a PNG under 100Kb and make it RGB or Grayscaled and make it 320x480.
    Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Its very simple, make a PNG under 100Kb and make it RGB or Grayscaled and make it 320x480.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    The pics I tried all fit those criteria and didn't satisfy Pwnage...

Green Apple
    Thanks

i dnt know how 2 do tht!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I keep getting "Mount disk0s1 Failed" any ideas on how to fix this? I switched USB ports and nothing.

Thanks
    Default pwnge doesnt help me
    well i did everything all the instruction but all most at the end when you have to restor, i press ok but itunes doesn't give me the option to grab the file i did on pwng .... why i dont know what to do... cos itunes doesn't read anymore my iphone
    loving the mac life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killian View Post
    My experiences of the 1.1 Pwnage tool and 5A240d.

The Pwnage tool worked as expected without issue. It is very straight forward to create a new custom firmware. After restoring 5A240d custom firmware the image in iTunes for my phone was now an ipod and not a phone and it had been rename to untitled playlist (this was the same with the 1.0 tool). I was able to restore my data from the backup and there were no issues. All texts, contacts and photos were loaded.

5A240d was more stable than 5A225c, but it did crash after prolonged use. I wasn't able to get the Exchange functions to work as i couldn't get my account to verify, though this may have been an issue with my account or my settings. I was able to connect to my network, O2Uk and Edge had no issues. SSH worked fine. YouTube worked fine. Contacts had search function. Safari had a save image function, which is very straight forward: press and hold on an image and the option to save photo appears on the screen, images saved to DCIM/100APPLE. Screen shots can be taken using Home and power button pressed in unison these images are saved to DCIM/999APPLE the same as 1.1.4. The number of available languages and keyboards are significantly increased from the few in 1.1.4 to large scrolling lists.

I only wanted to try out 5A240d, the restore back to 1.1.4 was easy with no issues.

For anyone going to try this I would recommend that you make a copy of the iPhone backup which can be found in /Users/[youruser]/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup just in case anything goes wrong with the restore.
    This is probably the best info so far, I have a two quick questions if I could get someone to kindly answer:

I am on 1.1.4, but Windows. My friend has a Mac, if I were to build a firmware for the beta (recent one) and bring it home to my Vista PC, could i use the restore in iTunes? (I know all I need to do is select activate in the pwnage tool right?)

Also, what does it take to go back to 1.1.4 if you have issues with the beta? I just need the exchange support...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post mount disk0s1 failed
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_frs View Post
    I keep getting "Mount disk0s1 Failed" any ideas on how to fix this? I switched USB ports and nothing.
    Try checking for any stray volumes either in Finder or Terminal at /Volumes. http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36525

iPhone? More like MyPhone rbisconti97's Avatar
    Thanks

i just pwned my friends 16gb iphone with firmware 2.0 5A240D. I could not test the exchange because he doesnt have an exchange account, but i did test everything else. It does have the multiple delete for mail, parental controls, new maps (didnt work for me with edge, just wifi), new calculator (scientific on landscape only), search for contacts (by name only, not number). i did not have time to check youtube videos in safari. the only problem i think we had besides the maps not working on edge was that when he was restoring his information (calendar, contacts, ect.) it froze and crashed, but restored fine after a reboot. This is all i can think of off hand. im going to stick with my jailbroke 1.1.4 since i have iMapIdle to check my exchange until installer and more programs are supported for 2.0. One other thing, there is a new icon on the dashboard for contacts, and appstore and itunes store do not have icons still. Overall I would say it seams pretty stable for a beta (only crashed once while restoring personal information). I will try to test more features tomorrow and post my results. Hope this is helpful to all those with a lot of questions.
    Last edited by rbisconti97; 04-16-2008 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks

does anyone can tell when will be windows verson coming??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thewhiterabbit9 View Post
    This is probably the best info so far, I have a two quick questions if I could get someone to kindly answer:

I am on 1.1.4, but Windows. My friend has a Mac, if I were to build a firmware for the beta (recent one) and bring it home to my Vista PC, could i use the restore in iTunes? (I know all I need to do is select activate in the pwnage tool right?)

Also, what does it take to go back to 1.1.4 if you have issues with the beta? I just need the exchange support...
    As you say you would need to pwn your phone, I would unlock (needed for certain networks to get a signal, o2uk for example), activate and install bootneuter. Once this is done I can't see why you wouldn't be able to restore from a windows pc, however I haven't tested this.

If you have an issue put your phone in recovery and restore 1.1.4, though you'll have to re-install any apps you had.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to killian For This Useful Post:

thewhiterabbit9 (04-16-2008)

What's Jailbreak? threefivefive's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m_alexandro121 View Post
    well i did everything all the instruction but all most at the end when you have to restor, i press ok but itunes doesn't give me the option to grab the file i did on pwng .... why i dont know what to do... cos itunes doesn't read anymore my iphone
    probably not much help now but make sure you hold the option key [ ⌥ ] while clicking restore... that'll bring up the file chooser...

I have heard of some people experiencing the missing iPhone because they used the iPod touch restore file... but don't really see how that would be the case for you. I would personally try starting from the beginning and pwning again from scratch, I ended up having to restart it a couple of times but it's all good now Pwnage tool should still be able to connect to it...

Hope that helps!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It seems that iPod Touch users won over Windowsers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation Uploading Image in ISPW Builder
    I know this may sound stupid but i do use photoshop and i am having a hell of a time saving a PNG File with ALPHA Channels... i made the art board the exact measurements used Gray scale and or RGB and saved it under 100 kb but it says it isn't correct and won't upload my image... could someone post instructions for photoshop to get an image uploaded? I would it!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m_alexandro121 View Post
    make sure you put your phone back into recovery mode prior to restoring with custom firmware

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacJax50 View Post
    I know this may sound stupid but i do use photoshop and i am having a hell of a time saving a PNG File with ALPHA Channels... i made the art board the exact measurements used Gray scale and or RGB and saved it under 100 kb but it says it isn't correct and won't upload my image... could someone post instructions for photoshop to get an image uploaded? I would it!
    open a new document with the dimensions of an iphone wallpaper, make sure in the background settings it is transparent. then copy and paste your boot image into this document, it will come in on its own layer, make sure you can see some of the transperancy from the newly created image. now leaving it in layers (do not flatten images) choose save for web or device, make a png24 with transparency. this should fix your issue.

Thanks

windows version?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was looking at the contents of the Pwnage 1.1 tool, and it seems that the Apps are stored in Internal Packages in Bundles. I hadn't read anywhere how to add an app, so for my own interest I tried to add an app. I chose Flashlight as it is a simple app. I copied Installer.bundle and renamed it to Flashlight.bundle. I then deleted the Var folder and the installer.app from Applications. I then SSHed to my working 1.1.4 and copied the Flashlight.app which I placed in the Applications folder. I then edited the Info.plist to the following:

Name
    Flashlight
    Identifier
    com.prometheus.flashlight
    Description
    Flashlight.
    SupportedFirmware

iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102
    iPod1,1_1.1.4_4A102

Commands

Size

I ran the edited Pwnage tool and created a custom firmware. Now in the custom Packages Flashlight appeared, I checked it and continued to create the firmware. I restored the new firmware onto my iPhone and sure enough the Flashlight app was present and fully functional. Only thing to note is that it doesn't appear in the installer if you wanted to uninstall, but I can live with that.

Now I just need to tackle my other favorite apps.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to killian For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (04-16-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

yea it shows you how to create custom packages, press help..then the topics, one says technical

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Custom Image
    Just wonder below is what i have tried surf all over google and forums i know it asking alot but can some one could make a tutorial how to make boot logos in photoshop. every thing tried does not work very new to photoshop

open a new document with the dimensions of an iphone wallpaper, make sure in the background settings it is transparent. then copy and paste your boot image into this document, it will come in on its own layer, make sure you can see some of the transperancy from the newly created image. now leaving it in layers (do not flatten images) choose save for web or device, make a png24 with transparency. this should fix your issue

NOTE***: There are stringent requirements for these files. They must be 24bit PNGs, 100KB or less, have an alpha layer, RGB or Greyscale, and 320x480 or less in size.

HINT***: If you want to use a solid image as your background. Create a new transparent image in photoshop just slightly bigger then your original image. Copy your original image onto the new transparent image you just created. Make sure you can see some of the transparency layer on the sides. Then select Save for Web from the File Menu. Make sure you save it as PNG24 with transparency enabled!

Thanks
    Last edited by tarfan; 04-17-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: can some help tried everthing still cannot get it to work says invaild png but followed all instructions someone good with ph

22. The Following User Says Thank You to tarfan For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (04-16-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks!