Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Virginize your iPhone. Fix Corrupt Seczon and NVRAM

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default Virginize your iPhone. Fix Corrupt Seczon and NVRAM
    Looks like some folks have figured it out. This method will allow you to restore your iphone to 1.0.2 with the correct IMEI #. What does this mean? It means you can restore your 1.0.2 unlocked iPhone then upgrade to 1.1.1 and unlock.

Windows Instructions

OSX Instructions coming soon

The folks that came up with this are gray who figured out how to reverse the iphone crypto, geohot whos server is being used for this, guest184 for fixing gloader, and The Dev Team for the iUnlock Program

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

ramseynissan (10-21-2007), rodrigo carmona (10-20-2007), treadsoftly (10-22-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great - been wanting to get one the 1.1.1 band wagon - running 1.0.2 right - unlocked with iunlocked (ithink)

Yeah, this is good news. I am also on 1.0.2 and waiting patiently for the proven method. After reading page after page after page on a couple of forums, this method appears to be the real deal. Which, for me, would mean being able to go to 1.1.1 and still remain free of the Evil Empire and use my T-Mobile SIM.

After reading the step-by-step thoroughly, again on multiple forums, the difference between the published Windows version of the how-to and the forthcoming Mac variant is really just the applications used to access the iPhone... SCP vs. WinSCP or CyberDuck vs. something else. I may be trying this sometime tomorrow, after reading more success stories (and, perhaps, giving Cash and the MMI team time to publish a confirmed-How-To of their own.)
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

If that OSX guide isn't up soon im gonna end up installing Windows on my Mac just to do this.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    If that OSX guide isn't up soon im gonna end up installing Windows on my Mac just to do this.
    beggers cant be choosers. maybe I wont write an osx guide

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

treadsoftly (10-23-2007)

You can write one cash

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

PSYCHOtcb (10-20-2007)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

will need a osx version of geomaker.exe before this is possible in osx . . . gonna have to hop on a windows box to do this atm

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

treadsoftly (10-23-2007)

Confirmed working, I had an unlocked 1.0.2 phone via iUnlock, ran the Virginizing procedure, and then updated to 1.1.1 using Independence 1.2.4 then unlocked with AnySim 1.6.

Working sweetly!

its been a busy week for some really talented people...thank you.... gonna try it in the next couple of hours

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    will need a osx version of geomaker.exe before this is possible in osx . . . gonna have to hop on a windows box to do this atm
    Fire up Parallels, Fusion or Boot Camp?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So I did this all then upgrading via itunes (im using a pc) and now i get a jailed i phone saying
    Incorrect SIM
    Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone.

Pleaasseee help!

Zach

Unhappy pkleased
    hi i need tutorial for OS X .... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zach23 View Post
    So I did this all then upgrading via itunes (im using a pc) and now i get a jailed i phone saying
    Incorrect SIM
    Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone.

Pleaasseee help!

Zach
    Did u just run this tool, and went on to directly update with itunes???

LOL, I really hope you didnt do that.

After running the tool, you have to prep your 1.0.2 in order to jailbreak 1.1.1. Best way to do this is independence 1.2.4. If you did upgrade to 1.1.1 without the pre-requisites you will have to downgrade to 1.0.2 then prep it for 1.1.1 jailbreak, the upgrade to 1.1.1.

All this can be found in independence help section.
    But I hope you have a mac, as far as I know independence is mac only...

If you did update to 1.1.1 without the required steps, you now have a jailed 1.1.1 that cannot be jailbroken...Well, good luck man. This is what happens when directions are not read and patience is forgotten.

This might help you start your long journey: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461

After that you have to prep 1.0.2 to in order to be able to install/jailbreak 1.1.1. If you get a mac you can use independence 1.2.4. I do not know how to do this on windows.
    Last edited by davalos; 10-20-2007 at 02:31 AM.

I can confirm this is tested and working perfectly....I did it last night!
    I now have a previously unlocked 1.0.2, virginized, upgraded to 1.1.1, unlocked using anysim 1.1, and working perfectly with my UK T-Mobile SIM. Did it all on OSX apart from firing up parallels to use the geoloader prog.

Happy days!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is this solution 100% working with V1.0.2 unlocked using iUnlocker/AnySIM 1.0??

I hope it wont brick my phone

well friend.... my iphone is death,... dont work.... and i can´t make the upgrade with apple ...

i read instrucction but dont workd... is complete death my telefono error desconocido 1011

please i need help

Waiting patiently for the OS X guide....

Thanks cash, gray, geohot, guest184, and The Dev Team.

by the way, is it true that 1.1.1 makes the battery life shorter? i read this on MMi but cant remember where exactly..

Quote Originally Posted by hosies View Post
    Waiting patiently for the OS X guide....

Thanks cash, gray, geohot, guest184, and The Dev Team.
    Yes, I second that. Waiting patiently on my Mac and appreciating all the hard work the community has done. The minute I heard the update was out, I decided to wait and see. I am so glad I did.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

i did this a few hours ago. it works! i used cyberduck, terminal, and fusion for windows xp (necessary evil) =P. a quick tip - have safari/firefox ready to download your imei.bin file. also, be sure to remove the dns before updating. fyi, at the end of the tutorial, you'll have an unlocked 1.02 but will survive an update =).

24. The Following User Says Thank You to erio For This Useful Post:

wroobelek (10-20-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Ugh Windows I come...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast