Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Virginize your iPhone. Fix Corrupt Seczon and NVRAM

Thanks

Why are you so impatient? Have you bricked your phone? Are you not happy with 1.02?
    Just wait for it.
    Or donate some more to the Dev Team, maybe they hurry up for you.
    Signature? Why?

The osx steps are the exact same except you use mac programs instead of win progs. The only thing is that you need to use parallels for the gloader.

Thanks

So far so good, but its my first time on windows need a hand how do i do
    a. cmd and change the dir to where you have saved the file you downlaoded.. "example: for me it was Ciphone\revirginizer"
    b. Then type "geomaker (your_imei).bin",
    I need what program to open and how to do it, exactly what to type thanks in advance.

Thanks to all for working hard to get the mods out to people, people just be patient. Still runing 1.0.2 on my phone and working just fine with t-mobile, not sure if I'll upgrade to 1.1.1, don't see any reason to at the moment.

does the virginizer work for phones unlocked using erica's unlock.app...

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    So far so good, but its my first time on windows need a hand how do i do
    a. cmd and change the dir to where you have saved the file you downlaoded.. "example: for me it was Ciphone\revirginizer"
    b. Then type "geomaker (your_imei).bin",
    I need what program to open and how to do it, exactly what to type thanks in advance.
    cmd(command prompt) Start>run>cmd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    cmd(command prompt) Start>run>cmd
    Alright i got this far, but now i dont know what to do i navigated where the files are thats in CUsers\Administrator\Desktop but it when i try to run geomaker it says geomaker isn't a recognized command.

Thumbs up This procedure WORKS correctly
    I had an iPhone with firmware 1.02 and unlocked using Anysim 1.0

I followed this procedure step by step (every detail counts!), and It completed without any unexpected error. At that moment my iphone couldn't start the CommCenter so I decided to restore using iTunes.

I jailbreak using independece 1.2.4, and re-unlocked using AnySim 1.1.

It definetly works!!; although it took me about 1 hour and half double checking each step.

Now I have an iPhone running firmware 1.1.1, baseband 04.01.13_G, IMEI correct as it was originally, Installer, SSH, Unix tools and Terminal.

If you are not used to unix commands; I highly suggest waiting for a GUI application; otherwise, feel free to revirginize your iPhone and upgrade to 1.1.1
    Last edited by mxx2; 10-20-2007 at 04:07 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mxx2 For This Useful Post:

wroobelek (10-20-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Alright i got this far, but now i dont know what to do i navigated where the files are thats in CUsers\Administrator\Desktop but it when i try to run geomaker it says geomaker isn't a recognized command.
    You type in cd(change directory) then the location. Like this, "cd CUsers\Administrator\Desktop" without the quotes

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

DoerrFan (10-21-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    You type in cd(change directory) then the location. Like this, "cd CUsers\Administrator\Desktop" without the quotes
    PM Sent

Im running Vista by the way.

Update: CONFIRMED!!!!!
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 10-21-2007 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

We want OS X instructions!!!

This method is not for the technically challenged, however, it worked like a champ. Make sure that your router is open, no security settings enabled on the ispf step, and make sure you adjust the dns settings on the iPhone. Also, you might need to reset your router. This step triped me up for over an hour.

Default Worked for me.
    Worked for me on a Mac. I followed the instructions substituting 'scp -r' for all instances of WinSCP followed by ensuring that permissions were correct at the destination.

I ran the geohot tool through VMware Fusion. I'm now using a firmware 1.1.1 iPhone on Rogers wireless in Canada.

An interesting data point so far is that third party apps like Apollo IM are MUCH more stable than they were with the 1.0.2 firmware. Very glad I updated.

hihi its quite fun too read all the replies about this method ,not being set for imac.. mohahaha

WOW!!! Brad would you mine sharing geohot reworked tool with us....I'm on a mac...and would love to update...can you help me out with a mac guide????

hey jmigueles,
    brad said he used vmware which is windows on a mac. if you have that you could already do the whole thing then. I'm waiting just like eveyone else for the mac version. I looked over the entire thing and the geohot is the only thing thats not making it possible to do on a mac.

Quote Originally Posted by JMIGUELES View Post
    WOW!!! Brad would you mine sharing geohot reworked tool with us....I'm on a mac...and would love to update...can you help me out with a mac guide????
    VM Ware is software that actually let's you run Windows inside of the Mac OSX environment. It doesn't sound like he actually rewrote the program (correct me if I am wrong, Brad.) An alternative would be to setup your Intel Mac w/dual boot (Boot Camp) and run Windows that way. Either way though, you'd have to have a copy of Windows.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Waiting patiently for the easy-to-follow OSX version - thanks heaps in advance

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, i followed all instructions and everything worked perfectly.

My question: is the iphone now locked to AT&T as i need to take this iphone in for a warranty replacement and i received this email from apple:
    WARNING: Apple has discovered that some of the unauthorized unlocking programs available on the Internet may cause irreparable damage to the iPhone's software. As part of the service process, Apple will update the software on your iPhone to the latest version. IF YOU HAVE MODIFIED YOUR IPHONE'S SOFTWARE, YOUR IPHONE MAY BECOME PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE WHEN APPLE UPDATES THE SOFTWARE. Making unauthorized modifications to the software on your iPhone violates the iPhone software license agreement, and the inability to use your iPhone due to unauthorized software modifications is not covered under your iPhone's warranty.
    So, i want to make sure they will replace this iPhone? A few people have posted that the iPhone is still unlocked after, so what is the deal?

Default wrong imei
    i did everything and my phone seems to be fine but when i plug into i tunes i get cannot connect wrong imei any reason why.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast