+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SendSong updated to work with 1.1.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default SendSong updated to work with 1.1.1
    SendSong, which allows you to browse your iPhone’s music library, select a song, play it back, send it by email or assign it (finally) to a ringtone, has been updated to work with 1.1.1.

You can get it from Erica Sadun's (the author) blog at EricaSadun.com.

From her page:

To say that this release is a little flakey is an understatement. Give it a try and report back.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    w00t!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome.

I Always liked that Erica girl. lol.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

so how does it make the song a ringtone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

The song has to be in .m4a format and your iTunes library. After that you simply open the ap, click the song in the list it gives you, and click send to ringtones. It's still flakey as she warns, in other words it's as hit and miss as any other Windows ringtones solution for 1.1.1 out right now. Though, it saves a hell of a lot of time over manually editing the Ringtones.plist, renaming all of the ringtones, uploading them to your phone, setting permissions, and creating the spoof files yourself. Honestly it works just as well in my opinion to. Plus, no need to even make the songs 30 seconds. Out of 16 ringtones it gave me about 8 working. The most success I've had is copying the Ringtones.plist someone was generous enough to post that was generated by iRingtoner. I got 9 out 9 working ringtones that way, however when I was just intending to use 7, I had just 4 working even with that method. I don't think anyone has figured out exactly how the system works yet, with the possible exception of the Ambrosia folk. Still, this is worth it for the time it saves, and I'm sure with the great work she's already done, she'll get it if anyone can.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It sends the song to your list of ringtones and then you just assign it to whoever you want from your contacs. I frickin LOVE SendSong. Thanks Erica!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Awesome! This will work even if I have never done the spoof method before?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure she's just automated the current workaround as much as possible. You convert your mp3's to m4a, sync them to your phone, and click a few times. The ap generates the Ringtones.plist and the spoof files. Note that it I think it sticks a copy of the files in your ringtones folder to though (unless they're sym linked and I'm not sure that's possible with that type of file) , so if you just use whole songs like I did, it could start taking up some significant chunk of your space if you're a ringtone junkie. lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do i install this on my phone?
    i looked for an update on the installer, but nothing
    So does this mean i have to use iphonebrowser?
    if so, how do i install manually using the iphonebrowser method?
    thanks

Thanks

Will there be an update on installer? This will make it so much easier then messin with the plist and doing eventhing manually!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i am still using itunes 4.2.1.. still able to sync ringtones..lol

But still big kiss for Erica for the technology

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone got problems with this app, I got a lot of songs, and when im try do see the last songs in the list, the app crashes and send me to the home screen...

Any Idea?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

so, i'm gonna go ahead and ask this, does this also work with 1.0.2? for those of us who haven't updated yet?? (i am going to update, but my computer is ****** at the moment and i'm waiting on a friend trying to convert it to a apple mechine [woot woot])

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    so, i'm gonna go ahead and ask this, does this also work with 1.0.2? for those of us who haven't updated yet?? (i am going to update, but my computer is ****** at the moment and i'm waiting on a friend trying to convert it to a apple mechine [woot woot])
    If you have 1.0.2 then just use the old version that you can get off of installer.app (v.09), it's the same app, same features, but without the bugs that come from trying to update it for 1.1.1

I downloaded ver. 0.16(experimental) and so far it seems useable. I don't know if this will be the case for everyone but the ringtones I was using from the old version came through in this one as m4a files, even tho they were mp3 when I assigned them in v.09 (I guess that version had the ability to convert its own files?), so you may be able to use your old ringtones. Only about half of the files I assign to ringtones actually play through the settings tho, and it puts a bunch of random letters in front of the ringtones you choose too. Version .16 itself is somewhat unstable right now: when I scroll too fast it freezes up and restarts my phone, and when I get close to the bottom of my list it freezes and closes the application to the homescreen. Other than that tho it works like a charm, props to Erica!

edit: Forgot to note that you must set the file permissions to 0755 to run it.
    Last edited by elr0y7; 10-19-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Figured it out. But what the heck, this thing does not even sort songs!
    Last edited by ucsdgemini; 10-19-2007 at 05:23 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

tite when do you think it will be up in installer app?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Da Fox! View Post
    Does anyone got problems with this app, I got a lot of songs, and when im try do see the last songs in the list, the app crashes and send me to the home screen...

Any Idea?
    happened to me after it froze for some reason it went back to the previous version just reinstall it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hudss View Post
    happened to me after it froze for some reason it went back to the previous version just reinstall it
    Did you have a link to version 8 cause there's no longer in the Ericka's ftp

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have SendSong 0.17 installed on my phone but when I open the application, no song shows up. It's just a white screen and the application automatically closes. Any idea why?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rethink View Post
    I have SendSong 0.17 installed on my phone but when I open the application, no song shows up. It's just a white screen and the application automatically closes. Any idea why?
    That happened to me, I believe the update on Erica's site is a patch, I got it to work by installing the Installer.app version (0.09) then copying the experimental release I downloaded from erica's site OVER the sendsong.app folder and all works as intended (I believe)

the white screen hang happened when I uninstalled the old one and just installed the new one by itself

too bad it didn't work for the ringtones I wanted, I miss ringtones =(
    Last edited by Geigerslave; 10-20-2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -G

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Geigerslave For This Useful Post:

rethink (10-20-2007)