Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Beta] DownBase for OSX

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Default [Beta] DownBase for OSX

Digitol has coded up a nice GUI for baseband downgrading. This is intended for those that upgraded a 1.0.2 unlocked phone to 1.1.1 resulting in no phone calls or txts, even after restoring the firmware back to 1.0.2.

It will not restore your IMEI but it will get your phone's baseband back to a point where anysim will unlock it for use allowing you to make calls and send txts, etc again.

First you need to use iTunes to get your iphone's f/w to 1.0.2. Then you use app tap and installer to get ssh and sftp running. Upload the files in this archive (besides anysim) to /usr/bin/ on your iphone & chmod them to 775. Make sure you are connected to your wifi network and the autolock feature on the iphone is turned off. Enter in your iphone's ip address to DownBase and click downgrade. The process should take under 5 mins. When complete there will be a pop up telling you to run anysim (included in the archive). Install it and run it and your phone. You should once again be able to make calls and such things running 1.0.2.

Download DownBase 1.1 here

If we choose to continue development a future release of DownBase may upload the required files for you and restore your IMEI as well.

Can this be used to flash baseband of unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone with AnySIM to be able to update to 1.1.1?

Can anyone confirm?

How does this work exactly? Has it been tested? It's just that with so many bricking iPhones lately it creeps one out to even think of upgrading to 1.1.1...

I assume this is not a relocking tool??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

Seriously.....FIRST damn respone is asinine. He posted ALL the info he has for this new little tool. No more, no less.

READ PEOPLE READ!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ufmedrudy For This Useful Post:

Digitol (10-19-2007)

when will the windows version be out

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

all this has been tested to do is get your iphone running fully on 1.0.2 again

if you want to try using this to downgrade then upgrade to 1.1.1 then unlock with anysim go ahead and try it. post your results

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Can this be used to flash baseband of unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone with AnySIM to be able to update to 1.1.1?

Can anyone confirm?
    NO, if you unlocked you iphone and are running 1.0.2 its really simple guys

DONT FFFFK'n UPDATE quit asking this question, when the devs say, Hey theres a new virginizer, then yes, apply the damn 1.1.1 update until then, YOUR PHONE WORKS FINE, dont break it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meatwagon For This Useful Post:

ill-tempered (10-21-2007)

hopefully some off you guys are in the same situation as me.

I have a 1.1.1 out of box that i tried to get to 1.0.2 and then drop the baseband to get it to unloack with the new anysim. I had so such luck only get the incorrect sim error. but I'm wondering if I use this to down the base band will it work better then the use of terminal and all that stuff. I just want the phone to work as a 1.0.2 i donlt need all that uder stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kapt View Post
    How does this work exactly? Has it been tested? It's just that with so many bricking iPhones lately it creeps one out to even think of upgrading to 1.1.1...

I assume this is not a relocking tool??
    im assuming its just some GUI of cash wiki to downgrade the baseband. so it just types the 3 commands in shell. so you dont have to,

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post

I have a 1.1.1 out of box that i tried to get to 1.0.2 and then drop the baseband to get it to unloack with the new anysim. I had so such luck only get the incorrect sim error. but I'm wondering if I use this to down the base band will it work better then the use of terminal and all that stuff. I just want the phone to work as a 1.0.2 i donlt need all that uder stuff.
    catmando, go into your apps folder and delete the anysimm, (after you have downgraded the baseabnd) and run the unlock.app, you can get ti from this site. i found that i got the same error, and then i ran jailbreak and it went away, BUT i could not write the phone. just use the unlock app and it everything will work better...
    Last edited by meatwagon; 10-19-2007 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thanks meat wagon but i'm a little scared to use the unlock.app. the last time i used it i thought I bricked the phone but i was able to restore with itunes. I've been reading everyhing i could and I just can't get this damn thing done right and everybody else seems to have a little snag but a success at the end of it all. I'm sick of using my old v3 mot and really want to use my phone as more than i thick ipod touch.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwagon View Post
    NO, if you unlocked you iphone and are running 1.0.2 its really simple guys

DONT FFFFK'n UPDATE quit asking this question, when the devs say, Hey theres a new virginizer, then yes, apply the damn 1.1.1 update until then, YOUR PHONE WORKS FINE, dont break it.
    Despite your FXCKING attitude, thank you for you answer.
    And I just only need a god damn confirmation.
    I really think my question doesn't kill your beloved one, does it?
    If any chance it does, please tell me. I will personally be in that guy's funeral, even I have to buy an air ticket and use my annual leave. I'm glad to do it for you.
    Last edited by garbage; 10-19-2007 at 02:17 AM.

i just dont get why everyone is asking the same question over and over again,

i guess everyone is just gettin impatient and cant bother to read anyone, searching if you friend. trust me.

hehe hope the virginizer is next =)
    Bio Boosting iPhone Armour

Green Apple
    Thanks

for people who can't use the terminal

Default Please read people read
    Please read people and read. Knowledge from reading is power. Stop asking same o same questions.

i really hope one day, everything will be in ONE CLICK, just CLICK UNLOCK, and the software will do anything to unlock your iPhone
    i know what Jailbreak is

Quote Originally Posted by jetnor View Post
    i really hope one day, everything will be in ONE CLICK, just CLICK UNLOCK, and the software will do anything to unlock your iPhone
    Unfortunately iPhone hacking is a multiheaded beast!

There is Apple pulling it one way, and many different people wanting different things and discovering different methods.

I agree, one simple piece of software that does the hard work in the background would be nice, but you have to remember we are trying to make the iPhone do something it was never meant to do (or rather Apple are trying to prevent).

So its all getting very complicated at the moment, but I recon it will cool down in a while, once people have had time to get to grips with 1.1.1 (just before Leopard is released, and soon another version of iPhone firmware!).

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    It will not restore your IMEI but it will get your phone's baseband back to a point where anysim will unlock it for use allowing you to make calls and send txts, etc again.
    Does NOONE read?

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post

Why did you drop the baseband? All the guides warned against that and the new AnySIM doesn't require it....
    Last edited by Murfunit; 10-19-2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

i downgraded the baseband not drop it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast