Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer.app 3.0!

Banned
    Thanks

EXACTLLY my problem! i have 1.1.1 and STILL cant download summerboard!! ugh....any help would be great

Exactly the same problem. Anyone found a soultion yet ?

I just upgraded to 1.1.1 and used ijailbreak. I then updated "installer" (though itself) on my phone. While installing I received an error that I regret not writing down, but it seemed to work after I restarted my phone. So far it works great except for I have no icons showing on the bottom of the program (Featured, Install, Update, Uninstall, & Sources). It says the titles but no pictures. I read the forum and havent seen anything about this error. It crashes the program when I try to reinstall. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by defkonmusic View Post
    I just upgraded to 1.1.1 and used ijailbreak. I then updated "installer" (though itself) on my phone. While installing I received an error that I regret not writing down, but it seemed to work after I restarted my phone. So far it works great except for I have no icons showing on the bottom of the program (Featured, Install, Update, Uninstall, & Sources). It says the titles but no pictures. I read the forum and havent seen anything about this error. It crashes the program when I try to reinstall. Any suggestions?
    When you click on About in Installer, what version does it tell you that you are in? It sounds like you are in the same boat as the rest of us.
    Last edited by CD65; 10-23-2007 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've got the same issue.

Says version 3.0b4 installed but its the original version and no option to update.

Any fixes yet?

I think I have solved how to fix it folks. (for those having the same problem I am...see my initial post on it a page or two back).

Here is what I did:

1. I connected my iPhone to my Macbook.
    2. Start Fugu and go to your /var/root/Library/Installer directory.
    3. Copy LocalPackages.plist to you Mac desktop.
    4. Using Textedit, change the "3.0" that you first come across to a "2.63" then scroll further down and change the "3.0b4" that you find (there is only one of each of these) to "2.63" as well.
    5. Save the file making sure to keep the .plist extension and copy it back to the same directory you took it from. Be sure to allow it to overwrite the file already on the iPhone.
    6. Restart your iPhone and click on Installer. If it does not update automatically, press Reload. You should then see updates for both Installer to 3.0 and for Community Sources.

Note: After doing these updates on my iPhone, I started Installer again and it got stuck open and would not close back to the Springboard. I did a restart of the iPhone one more time and now it opens and closes just fine.

Hope this method works for the rest of you having the same problem!
    Last edited by CD65; 10-24-2007 at 03:37 AM. Reason: corrected file name error

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CD65 For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (11-20-2007), cdub (10-26-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by CD65 View Post
    3. Copy PackageSources.plist to you Mac desktop.
    the correct file is: LocalPackages.plist

Thanks, works great.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pijames76 For This Useful Post:

CD65 (10-24-2007)

Hey all you guys who are trying to put installer app into your phone I d/l from this link http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=382 and then cyberduck the file to the phone. it seems to be working fine. just remember to restart your phone after doing the upgrade to version 3.

Quote Originally Posted by pijames76 View Post
    the correct file is: LocalPackages.plist

Thanks, works great.
    Oops, Thanks for correcting my mistake! Never noticed I was pointing to the wrong file. I've edited my initial post to show the correction.

Sorry, can't seem to find any 3.0 in that file.

Is there a way to send me the correct file?

Thanks

Hey all,

Can't seem to find Community Sources. Please help!

There is also nothing under update.

I've tried several times to reinstall the installer to see if that would help, but still nothing.

What could be causing this?

Using:
    AppTap to install it. I'm on a MAC.

Another of installing Installer is by using independence, the procedure is the same as the anySim. Note that you can get the installer inside the virginize foder. Install it normally than you can update it to get installer 3.0. If no update go to uninstall the touch the reinstall botton on the top right side.

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    Hey all you guys who are trying to put installer app into your phone I d/l from this link http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=382 and then cyberduck the file to the phone. it seems to be working fine. just remember to restart your phone after doing the upgrade to version 3.
    Catmando: in what directory did you put the installer?
    Last edited by kanekero; 10-25-2007 at 10:27 AM.

go to the main directory /. then look for the Applications directory i put it in there. and then restart your iphone
    remember not to accidentally drop it into another application.

man after i updated to installer 3.0 non of my summerboard themes are working anymore all iswitcher themes are working but non of the SB anyone else have this problem?

Just wanted to say, this was a PITA, but I got it working thanks to the posts in this forum. Referring to a functional Installer.app 3.0 installation.

Thanks!

Default Fix...
    Quote Originally Posted by CD65 View Post
    I have installer 2.63 installed yet in my uninstall list, it says that I am running 3.0b4. Trying to reinstall this (yes, from the Uninstall list) results in a "No location defined in package" error. The file has a size of 0 bytes. I do not have installer 3 on my iPhone but I did have it before virginizing and then upgrading to 1.1.1. I'm thinking that the iphone somehow is referring to my old installer 3 even though it no longer exists on my iphone.

Wondering if there is someway to fix this....
    I had the same problem. Using my powers of deductive reasoning, I figured it was because we all added the installer.app the same way. We copied the app on directly rather than installing in a way that generated the proper plist entry. I ssh'd in to my iPhone, cd ~/Library/Installer and edited the LocalPackages.plist file with vi. I suppose if you're not familiar with "vi" you could download the file to your Mac using scp or sftp and edit. Bascially, I found the entry "com.apptapp.Installer" in that file. The version was wrong so I changed it to 2.64 and there was no "location" tag at all so I added an incorrect one (just copied and pasted from another entry for another app), saved and relaunced installer.app. This allowed me to update properly! I'm not sure which item made it work, changing the version or adding a location tag but it worked...
    BTW, after it updated it added the proper "location" entry:
    location http://repository.apptapp.com/packages/System/Installer.zip

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mdupuy For This Useful Post:

rollover (11-05-2007)

Default Updated installer.app to 3.0 - doesn't work
    I used the Carlos method to unlock a 1.0.2. i updated my installer.app to 3.0 from 2.63 (via wi-fi).

Now everytime i try to open it it just goes back to the homescreen.

Is there anyway to rectify this? If not please suggest a way to manually remove installer (tried iBricker - doesn't show up in that).

Also, is it safe to use Itunes 7.4.3 (currently use 7.4.1.2) with an unlocked 1.0.2?

getting the package size mismatch error in 1.1.1. Cant even Sftp in and not sure what to do. Anyone have any ideas?

so...i just used the quick jailbreak from jailbreakme.com, worked after about the 6th try and i tried to update the installer, then after about 3 minutes, the phone went to sleep and it will not come back on. i press the home button and reset button...and nothing. im really freaked right now, is my phone screwed? is this normal, i dont have wifi at home. is this the issue?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast