+ Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 144

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Installer.app 3.0!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Any chance of 3.0 having a windows based app for jailbreaking/updating to 1.1.1? Ahhh. i hope so!
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    huntington, wv
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Any chance of 3.0 having a windows based app for jailbreaking/updating to 1.1.1? Ahhh. i hope so!

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    is it safe for me to upgrade to 1.1.1 now that i have installed apptap

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Irvine, Ca.
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    VERY nice. and SMOOOOOOTH.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach23 View Post
    ok so right now mine shows nothing in featured and it doesnt reload what do i do :S
    pleaseee help!

    Edit Im on 1.0.2
    Man up and upgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it, son!
    Last edited by rxmxsh; 10-19-2007 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #24
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    the new installer is pretty damn cool, and works pretty good

    but does ne on have an idea if the new sendsong is going to be uploaded to the installer so we can download it?

    or can someone tell me how to install it manually using iphonebrowser???!!!!

  5. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts

    yo, theres a bug....

    it wont EXIT when u click the home button??? im not on 1.1.1.....

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
    is it safe for me to upgrade to 1.1.1 now that i have installed apptap
    The security of your upgrade has nothing to do with apptap, it depends on what you have on your phone when you try to update and the steps you take to update it, so in short: not really. Just use the guides here, they work fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach23 View Post
    ok so right now mine shows nothing in featured and it doesnt reload what do i do :S
    pleaseee help!

    Edit Im on 1.0.2
    Yeah, it only shows the welcome on the feature page every now and then, like when you first open the app. I'm sure it's just blank the rest of the time because they haven't put up anything on the featured list yet.
    Last edited by elr0y7; 10-19-2007 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

  7. #27
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Default So ... sorry, I'm confused ...
    I'm on 1.0.2 with tons of 3rd party apps and no need to unlock (I'm happy with AT&T, thank you). I've been waiting for a simple point-and-click GUI that will allow me to upgrade to the 1.1.1 firmware and still use Installer.app.

    Everything in your wikis and on the Installer.app site indicate that this latest version does NOT work with 1.1.1, yet after I upgraded Installer.app just a few minutes ago, the screen says that it is meant to be used with 1.1.1.

    So, what do I need to do to upgrade to 1.1.1 firmware and have Installer. app ... well ... installed? If I do a clean restore first, then upgrade, will AppTapp work to re-install Installer.app? In other words, will it do the jailbreaking? Or do I have to go through the 1.1.1 jailbreak wiki instructions first?

    Sorry for so many questions, but this isn't quite as easy as it was for 1.0.2.

  8. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lukeyxdukey View Post
    the new installer is pretty damn cool, and works pretty good

    but does ne on have an idea if the new sendsong is going to be uploaded to the installer so we can download it?

    or can someone tell me how to install it manually using iphonebrowser???!!!!
    I'm not sure if you can do it with Iphonebrowser (I haven't figured out how to get to the /(root) directory with that thing) but all you have to do is unzip one of the .tar files from her site and replace the whole sendsong.app folder under the / directory with the new one. Make sure you set the permissions to 0755 for all the files (just in case) except the images.

    Quote Originally Posted by zauriel View Post
    I'm on 1.0.2 with tons of 3rd party apps and no need to unlock (I'm happy with AT&T, thank you). I've been waiting for a simple point-and-click GUI that will allow me to upgrade to the 1.1.1 firmware and still use Installer.app.

    Everything in your wikis and on the Installer.app site indicate that this latest version does NOT work with 1.1.1, yet after I upgraded Installer.app just a few minutes ago, the screen says that it is meant to be used with 1.1.1.

    So, what do I need to do to upgrade to 1.1.1 firmware and have Installer. app ... well ... installed? If I do a clean restore first, then upgrade, will AppTapp work to re-install Installer.app? In other words, will it do the jailbreaking? Or do I have to go through the 1.1.1 jailbreak wiki instructions first?

    Sorry for so many questions, but this isn't quite as easy as it was for 1.0.2.
    Well, I'm not the brightest when it comes to jailbreaking either and I'm also fine with AT&T but I followed the wikis and installed the Springboard patch so most third party apps, including installer, work on my phone fine, except for the occasional glitch which are all minor and fixable. But I'm pretty sure there is no in phone application that will jailbreak your phone, considering you have to apply this patch and do the other steps to actually have third party apps on your phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
    yo, theres a bug....

    it wont EXIT when u click the home button??? im not on 1.1.1.....
    Well that might be your problem right there: "This release uses a different core repository and firmware 1.1.1 is recommended"
    Last edited by elr0y7; 10-19-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

  9. #29
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hello, some reason after the Update, I don't see Mobile Terminal? Is it only me?

  10. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default No 1.1.1?
    In AppTapp itself on my computer it doesn't even have the 1.1.1 firmware option... is this right, cuz I thought it was basically meant for 1.1.1. I had it running fine but restored my phone so that I could start over and jailbreak and everything using AppTapp. Now it looks like thats not going to work.

  11. #31
    Retired Moderator Dash-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,080
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 222 Times in 184 Posts

    I'm sure Nullriver will update AppTap soon to work with 1.1.1 and Installer.
    And hopefully a simple jailbreak crack =D

  12. #32
    Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 201 Times in 181 Posts

    WOW thats cool
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  13. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    huntington, wv
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    I'm sure Nullriver will update AppTap soon to work with 1.1.1 and Installer.
    And hopefully a simple jailbreak crack =D
    I hope sooo bad they get a windows based gui to jailbreak/update to 1.1.1, i'm on 1.0.2 with the new apptapp, it seems to all be working fine for me.

  14. #34
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    561
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts

    woohoo!

    looks awesome.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

  15. #35
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NVMY4N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Western Ky
    Posts
    185
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 49 Times in 23 Posts

    Im still on 1.0.2

    I don't feel like losing everything (updating to 1.1.1)

    So should I, or shouldn't I update to Installer 3.0
    It's strange b/c some of the posts suggest 1.1.1 is recommended...yet Dash-2 says "I'm sure Nullriver will update AppTap soon to work with 1.1.1 and Installer."

    What Im I missing here?


    Transformers Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

    "300" Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

    If you are helped, use the button. It's a much better stat than a post count.

  16. #36
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Look at these comments after Installer 3 upgrade
    Kinda scary... Still don't know what to do. I'm on 1.0.2 and want to keep what i have?

    look here

    http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/19/rumor...3-0/2#comments

  17. #37
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    how do you easaly get apptapp to work with 1.1.1 ? I may be great with computers but i only know html. thanks

  18. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    huntington, wv
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    I can't say this is 100% for everyone else. But i'm on 1.0.2 with the new apptapp and it works perfectly for me.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to cockyjeremy For This Useful Post:

    jcit (10-19-2007)

  20. #39
    Retired Moderator Dash-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,080
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 222 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NVMY4N View Post
    Im still on 1.0.2

    I don't feel like losing everything (updating to 1.1.1)

    So should I, or shouldn't I update to Installer 3.0
    It's strange b/c some of the posts suggest 1.1.1 is recommended...yet Dash-2 says "I'm sure Nullriver will update AppTap soon to work with 1.1.1 and Installer."

    What Im I missing here?
    Sorry for the confusion.

    I am currently running 1.0.2 with Installer 3.0 and it works fine.
    1.1.1 is recommended for Installer 3.0, but works on both.
    I was referring too the AppTapp program on a PC to jailbreak/install Installer.
    It currently only jailbreaks 1.0.2 and install the old Installer.

    You're safe to update to Installer 3.0
    =D

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dash-2 For This Useful Post:

    NVMY4N (10-20-2007)

  22. #40
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rxmxsh View Post
    VERY nice. and SMOOOOOOTH.



    Man up and upgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it, son!
    I kinda wanna use the phone

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts