+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Independence 1.2.4 is out (OSX)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jakesoto hi i have the latest version of iTunes and cannot get any of the versions of Independence to work! after i prep my phone for the
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakesoto View Post
    hi i have the latest version of iTunes and cannot get any of the versions of Independence to work! after i prep my phone for the 1.1.1 upgrade and go to activate the updated phone it keeps telling me that i have to downgrade and do a special upgrade. i have follow all instrustions to a T but is not working.. has anyone else had this problem? solution? thanks alot
    I just intentionally bricked mine to 1.1.1, downgraded, unlocked, and upgraded. Most instruction sets don't tell you about removing your SIM card for pretty much everything but the activation step, so I had to do a couple of things over again.

Here is a great link (its for IPSF but it will get you on downgraded 1.0.2 and let you use independence to prep for 1.1.1):

http://www.freeouriphones.com/MacTutorial.html

Keep in mind the bit about needing a SIM card inserted for the activation bit (at least, I did).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dalton voss For This Useful Post:

jakesoto (10-19-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone knowtheobscure's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adriankeith View Post
    sorry but I just want to comment on how this has got to be the greatest graphic for iPhone related programs ever.
    Its freakin tight!
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello Cash,
    Great post !! Just wanted to confirm some newbie questions. I have 2 iPhones with me.
    1) Unlocked version 1.0.2 with iUnlock method I suppose
    2) brand new virgin iPhone with V1.1.1

NEW Virgin iPhone V1.1.1 = Do I just start of with iNdependence 1.2.4 and then run anysim 1.1 ?? Or will I have to downgrade the baseband V1.1.1 and then run independence 1.2.4 and then anysim 1.1 ??

unlocked V1.0.2 = how do I go about it ? or do I wait for the devteam to come up with a virginizer ??

Much appreciated, warmest regards,
    Adit.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used ifuntastic with the old firmware 101 and then i did a normal update to 111. how do i go about using Independence and do i have to downgrade?

Sorry but you can leave the SIM Card in the phone - I did the whole upgrade from hacked 102 to hacked 111 with IPSF and left the SIM in:

And it works perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by dalton voss View Post
    I just intentionally bricked mine to 1.1.1, downgraded, unlocked, and upgraded. Most instruction sets don't tell you about removing your SIM card for pretty much everything but the activation step, so I had to do a couple of things over again.

Here is a great link (its for IPSF but it will get you on downgraded 1.0.2 and let you use independence to prep for 1.1.1):

http://www.freeouriphones.com/MacTutorial.html

Keep in mind the bit about needing a SIM card inserted for the activation bit (at least, I did).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dear all, i need some directions to upgrade to 1.1.1, i have iphone version 1.0.2 (1C28), firmware 03.14.08_G and it is unlocked. What is the safest and the best way to upgrade it. please somebody show me the way. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    very nice thing is independence. thanx
    i know what Jailbreak is

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    Not sure what 'image' you're thinking of refreshing, as iNdependence is an actual application you'd run on your Mac. Do you mean to 'make' your own build?

Either way, here's the wiki for iNdependence.

Hope this helps.
    I meant is I'm tossing up whether it is necessary to use 1.2.4 to upgrade my phone again or can I just apply the fixes that were include in 1.2.4 myself?

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmmm ok since i'm new to a mac and just got my first one the other day , i have a rather newb question , i've been thru all these steps and everything on windows to no avail , how the fluck to i stop itunes from opening everytime i plug in my damn phone , it's closed for sure but it still opens whenever i plug the damn thing in which is making this update process more of a pain than it should be

Thanks
    This is best logo i ever seen, triumph!! Best regard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the universal version
    Last edited by redeldog1; 10-19-2007 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks

I'M READY TO TAKE THE PLUNGE AS A NOOB!

a couple of questions:
    1. not intrested in unlocking, i can use the new version of independece to jailbreak only?
    2. i have 1.1.1 recently upgraded, never unlocked, never jailbroken before is it ok to proceed?
    3. if i use independence on my friend's mac, will i be able to mod and install new software from my pc after the jailbreak, or am i locked to mac after using independence?

any response is greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU DEV TEAM FOR ALL THE WORK!!!

ever see the apple 1984 big brother commercial? can you say role reversal?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

all this talk about downgrading, 102, 111, etc. has me all confused.

i have a hacked v1.0.2, not unlocked. should i upgrade to 1.1.1 , then downgrade, and do all the cooky steps to get my phone back to it's hacked state? or, is there a way to facilitate the process since i'm still in 1.0.2? thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waynema View Post
    trust me.. you are not the only one..
    without SFTP I cant even use terminal to install app tapp installer...
    so i can never use open ssh + BSD in 1.1.1

I've tried removing known_hosts file
    and using another static ip

still shows:
    ssh: connect to host 192.168.x.xx port 22: Connection refused
    I have answered this exact issue countless times now. You CAN install installer.app without sftp and quite easily using SCP which so far works fine with every SSH daemon I have run across for iPhone. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9667 That explains it in exact detail. Just pick up from where I start my instructions and stop referring you to dev team instructions. READ IT THROUGH once first... then you'll understand what you're doing before you start doing it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hahaha....im downloading this based on the logo alone...that has me in tears lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iHave windows, can you pretty please make one for the millions of poor PC users?

-sent from my iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 360boi View Post
    i also did all the intrustions correctly but whenever i try to install an the installar app via independence i keep getting this error: "Couldn't connect to SSH server. Ensure IP address is correct, phone is connected to a network, and SSH is installed correctly."

can sum1 please help?
    Did you set up passwordless ssh access on your iPhone?

I had the same error, and FINALLY realized Independence expected a password prompt, which it never got. To fix this ssh into your iphone, and execute the following:

mv ~/.ssh ~/.ssh-save

There's another possibility, but unlikely...

Your iPhone has an IP that conflicts with one already in your "~/.ssh/known_hosts" file. Fire up the Terminal, ssh into your iPhone, and see if you get any warnings. I didn't see this happen, but I'm just throwing it out as a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by pcuserforever View Post
    I'M READY TO TAKE THE PLUNGE AS A NOOB!

a couple of questions:
    1. not intrested in unlocking, i can use the new version of independece to jailbreak only?
    Jailbreak, is the only thing Independence does.* It will not unlock your iPhone. So you're set.

*Yes, I know Independence also adds ssh, apps, ringtones, etc. if you want to, but that was too complicated to say.

2. i have 1.1.1 recently upgraded, never unlocked, never jailbroken before is it ok to proceed?
    With all applicable caveats, yes it should be.

3. if i use independence on my friend's mac, will i be able to mod and install new software from my pc after the jailbreak, or am i locked to mac after using independence?
    Once you're jailbroken, you can install ssh. From there, you can scp or sftp (I think) stuff to your heart's content. Even if it is from (ugh) Windows.

-Pie
    Last edited by EatingPie; 10-19-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm currently biting the bullet and am upgrading in hopes to jailbreak using independence! wish me luck!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

Default Can't use it?
    I have 1.1.1 and iTunes 7.4, it says it works with these, but when I click to perform the jailbreak, it says error: I have to downgrade to 1.0.2 then special upgrade to 1.1.1? Help? lol.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afinite17 View Post
    I have 1.1.1 and iTunes 7.4, it says it works with these, but when I click to perform the jailbreak, it says error: I have to downgrade to 1.0.2 then special upgrade to 1.1.1? Help? lol.
    open the help file in independence. from there, they have a step-by-step guide on how to downgrade and re-upgrade so that it can be jailbreaked.

ugh, somewhere in the upgrading process... it lost all of my settings. so now i have to go through and redo all of my favorites and everything. i even lost my text messages... :-\ oh well i guess.

ouch........ even lost all of my special iphone-only bookmarks and notes. not very happy...
    Last edited by billchase2; 10-19-2007 at 08:17 PM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad