Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 101

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: One Click 1.1.1 Jailbreak for iPhone (OSX)

  1. #81
    HI CASH,

    i need some help for some reason I get this prompt which says "AppleScript Error mkdir: /Volumes/Snowbird3A109a.UserBundle/Applications/Installer.app/: File exists (1)
    when I'm in the middle of the process, could you help me out with this?

    thanks

    Mario

  2. #82
    PowerPC Please

  3. #83
    OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos, Ca
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts

    thanks for the info.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

  4. #84
    Wonderful
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  5. #85
    Exclamation univesal?
    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Noticed this little jailbreak app for 1.1.1 made by bryan who basically modified the iPod Touch one click jailbreak to be used specifically on the iphone.

    source


    definitely need universal for ppc mac !
    please code for us.

    may the force be with us

  6. #86
    Default Help: Installer.app/ File exists(1)
    Hey Cash,

    I need some help with the program. For some reason I was half way in the process everything was going as planned, until I reached a point were the program asked me to reboot the phone (I did) and then it asked me to reboot it again (which I did). After this it continued to install files until a prompt comes out and said the following:. Please visit the following link (http://web.mac.com/mgarciap/GES_NE/J...k_Problem.html)

    I would appreaciate if you guys could give me some feedback/help.

    I tried installing several times the application which seemed to be working until it reaches the famous prompt.

    Thanks,

    Mario
    [email protected]

    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    er, you have it confused a bit. This was made by bryan at cashflowlogic dot com
    (click the source link at the bottom of my post)

    as far as one click baseband downgrader digitol and I have actually been working together to make one (requires that you have ssh running) and it is working, just needs a couple tweaks b4 its to go public
    thewill,

    I got a similar error message which is the following:
    http://web.mac.com/mgarciap/GES_NE/J...k_Problem.html

    I tried running the program several times, and always got the same prompt. The problem for me is that my iPhone is not recognized by iTunes and I don't know if the best thing to do is to do a hard reset (and hope that the recovery program actually restores the phone to the factory settings).

    Mario


    Quote Originally Posted by thewill View Post
    This program doesn't work for me. I get this error message.

    mv: rename /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/iphuc/iphonefs/rdisk0s1 to /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/iphuc/iphonefs/rdisk0s1.dmg: No such file or directory (1)
    Last edited by mgarciap; 10-21-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    so if i have a jailbroken 1.2.2 and i update to 1.1.1 all i need to do to jailbreak again is use this download?

  8. #88
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Default 300MB capacity?
    Hi!
    I think I messed something up on the way through my unlock..
    and am hoping someone can help me.

    I used independence, and then ijailbreak, then i used anysim to unlock.

    I just realized now that my phone is saying that the capacity is 300MB.
    I'm not sure if it was like that after the jailbreak, or the unlock,
    OR, if maybe I screwed something up in itunes - because afte the unlock,
    i plugged the phone in to sync it with my playlists..and it asked me if I want to set up a new phone, or use the settings of another phone that was synced with itunes (an old 1.0.2 i no longer have). I figured that the 'settings' were only what would sync, so I said use old settings...but I may have screwed that up.

    anyway - just wondering if someone can give me a hand,
    should I just run ijailbreak again? will that re-lock or brick the phone?
    I'm great at following guides, but am not an expert so I don't want to just play around with it to end up with a really expensive paperweight.

    thanks in advancE!

    EDIT: searched and searched and actually came up with a .dmg file that is supposed to fix this:
    http://independence.googlecode.com/f...00MBKiller.dmg
    I ran this, and it does now recognize the proper capacity, instead now it says that the entire capacity is full with "Other" (as opposed to video or music)
    anyone else?

    **thanks to abuimad who posted the link in another thread!
    Last edited by annaj; 10-21-2007 at 07:09 PM.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    can some one please help! ha. i have a jailbroken 1.0.2 that i upgraded today to 1.1.1...i have an intel mac so i downloaded ijailbreak. i pressed jailbreak and something comes up that says apple error script then it just says installing iphuc and readline and it has been saying that for over 40 minutes....any help??? please

    this is what it says when i try...

    mkdir: /opt: File exists (1)

    pleasehelp...i want my apps back!!:P
    Last edited by mdbsat; 10-21-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #90
    Talking the hell with iNdependence
    i tried for two days to get iNdependence to work. In my humble opion... it's a piece of crap.

    I tried iJailbreak and it worked the FIRST time. It's amazing how good software can make all our lives easier.

    Thanks, and where can I donate some $$$, I like to put my money where it's most beneficial.

    Thanks again.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by efesusceo View Post
    i tried for two days to get iNdependence to work. In my humble opion... it's a piece of crap.

    I tried iJailbreak and it worked the FIRST time. It's amazing how good software can make all our lives easier.
    I guess IMMV is a true statement after all. That said, so others can potentially benefit, what was the issue(s) you had with iNdependence? It's worked every time for me.

    A new version (v1.2.5) just came out that is now using OpenSSH instead of DropBearSSH. According to the WIKI, this is to address time out issues people were having with, you guessed it, SSH. If that's where your own issue(s) were concentrated, maybe v1.2.5 work... realizing you've gotten past the need by using iJailbreak.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

  12. #92
    you guessed it iPhoneWriter.

    dropbear was giving all kinds of stress.

    iJailbreak worked like a charm. and automatically installed AppTapp. the main issue with dropbear was that i couldn't get ssh access to the iPhone so i could go in and take out all the crud i didn't need, (i.e. bookmarks, stock ringers, etc..)

    i removed dropbear, and i use Fugu to drop my roms in the iPhone.

    ringtones are loaded via iToner. but now that you say that there's a 1.2.5 of iNdependence i'll check it out. though i must say, my experience with iJailbreak was far smoother. not because it worked the first time, but, because the entire interface is simple and effective. all the instructions pop up in the order needed. also, you don't need to downgrade like with iNdependence. i restored my iPhone to 1.1.1, and then just followed the instructions given by iJailbreak.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Noticed this little jailbreak app for 1.1.1 made by bryan who basically modified the iPod Touch one click jailbreak to be used specifically on the iphone.

    source
    I used it to Install Installer app 3.0, Had a failed BSD Install but that was normal, needed to Update Installer 1st otherwise I found no major difficulties other that powering on an Off Just one anomaly and it could lead to mistake, while jailbreaking the springboard is showing all its glory and if you are not aware , you could think there nothing going on! Beware ! in the background things are happening! So DO NOT TOUCH that THING!

  14. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    it worked!!! wouldnt do it yesterday but it worked today! i love it thnaks to the people that took the time to PM me with help.

    ooops...when i try to install summerboard it says i need 1.1.1 but i upgraded before i used ijailbreak! i dont get it.
    Last edited by mdbsat; 10-22-2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #95
    Mario,

    Your screenshots aren't public.

    I finally got iJailbreak to work. I restored to 1.1.1 WITHOUT using a back-up profile and went iJailbreak.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by thewill View Post
    This program doesn't work for me. I get this error message.

    mv: rename /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/iphuc/iphonefs/rdisk0s1 to /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/iphuc/iphonefs/rdisk0s1.dmg: No such file or directory (1)
    I get the same exact error also every time i try it, does anyone have any suggestions??

  17. #97
    I was on 1.0.2 and it was jailbroken with AppTapp. I followed the instuctions and installed 1.1.1 and then ran the iJailbrake program and followed the all the prompts to reboot the phone over and over and finally the phone automaticly reboots and then you click the ok button. So now its completes and my phone works fine and syncs with iTunes but I have no apps on my phone. Nothing.... I was under the impression tha the this version would install AppTapp or Installer.app.
    Can anyone shed some light on this issue I'm having. I have tried 3 times to roll back to 1.0.2 and have been unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated getting back to 1.0.2 or getting Installer to work on my 1.1.1 install.
    Last edited by dball584; 10-26-2007 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Typo

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by thewill View Post
    Mario,

    Your screenshots aren't public.

    I finally got iJailbreak to work. I restored to 1.1.1 WITHOUT using a back-up profile and went iJailbreak.
    Thewill,

    How are you? I also managed to resolve the problem and finally got Jailbreak to work.
    However a tragedy has occurred... Yesterday my phone run out of battery and shut off. When I got home later on I connected it to the power source (cradle) and it displayed the following message: "This iPhone can not receive or send calls please visit www.apple.com/support"
    Basically I performed a reboot and it was working again. This morning when I woke up I got the same message, so I performed the reboot again and it was functioning perfectly.

    A couple of hours after, the phone was running out of battery (after a Full night charge!). As soon as I connected to a power source it began to charge, but the same message came out (also the phone was extremely hot).

    I therefore called Apple Care and told them about the heat and the not charging properly; they set me up an appointment to get the phone replaced tomorrow (which is great).

    But know I have a huge problem because when I got home I tried to connect the phone to itunes (and it wasn't recognizing the phone).
    I performed a reboot again, but it didn't help. By this time I just headed to the Settings and selected the option "Reset All Settings", this erased everything (except the Installer app and the other apps I had installed).

    Then I opened itunes and it did recognize the phone, I tried doing a factory setting reset via iTunes and just as it was preparing the phone to reset to factory settings it says "The iPhone "test" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1602)."

    Basically I'm screwed right now and I need to get rid of all the apps so the Apple Geniuses don’t know I have been fiddling with the phone and tell me my warranty is voided.

    FYI: I tried to execute the Installer app and it doesn't launch which is another problem (because if it could work I would just uninstall all the apps and I would be fine exchanging the phone tomorrow.

    Also I tried performing the Jailbreak again and I got the initial error (the one I posted last week).

    Do you know of a method to erase all of the apps and the installer app manually, should I try downloading version 1.0.2 and maybe see if it works?


    Any help is extremely appreciate it.

    Thanks,

    Mario
    [email protected]

  19. #99
    Try reading the help files in Independence (choose help from the menu while Independence is running).

    Assuming you "virginised" the phone, because you're posting in this thread ...

    You should be able to reset your ipod (choosing reset on the iPhone which deletes settings and info) and then restore it back to 1.02 following the instructions in Independence 's help files.

  20. #100
    For independence, try using the slide to power down instead of a hard shutdown.

    Mario, try the special recovery mode. Also, only the wall outlet charges the phone fully. usb recharge tricks the battery into being full when it is not.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •