Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-17-2007, 04:44 PM #1
iToner 1.0.3 out working with 1.1.1
The iToner saga continues. As you might recall, iToner (which allows you to create ringtones for your iPhone using any non-DRMed AAC or MP3 files) no longer worked with the iPhone 1.1.1 firmware. All seems lost, but those crafty folks at Ambrosia figured out a way to get iToner working as a beta. The beta has now been released as a full fledged update.
Unfortunately iToner 1.0.3 costs $15 and requires OS x 10.4.10 or higher and an iPhone.
Fortunately, you can do it for free if you don't mind a little modding
10-17-2007, 04:57 PM #2
10-17-2007, 05:00 PM #3
does this require jailbreak or anything if i bought it?
The Following User Says Thank You to bayloc For This Useful Post:
10-17-2007, 05:02 PM #4
try the trial
10-17-2007, 05:11 PM #5
no, if its gonna mess up my stock iphone i dont want it
oh yea, plus i dont have a mac =:P
Last edited by bayloc; 10-17-2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
10-17-2007, 05:37 PM #6
i tried it and the files get moved over to my iphone but when i click it, it doesn't play. anyone else having this problem?
10-17-2007, 05:49 PM #7
10-17-2007, 05:59 PM #8
its prety easy doing it through itunes as well if you use independence to move files all you do is pick your song in itunes hit the get info button -optons- then select the start time and stop time whatever part of the song you like as a ringtone you take down the time on it start and stop time adjust your volume a bit a little less than 100% is ok then click on ok. then click on your song again then right click and hit convert selection to acc the part you want as a ringtone should be there copy to desktop and place in your ringtones folder whatever you use i use independence its pretty easy
10-17-2007, 06:07 PM #9
10-17-2007, 06:31 PM #10
10-17-2007, 06:44 PM #11
well once someone gets something that works with windows... ill be happy.
10-17-2007, 06:49 PM #12
10-17-2007, 08:16 PM #13SwapTunes and iToner
Just a word to the wise. If you are using a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone with SwapTunes you have to sync at least 2 ringtones to both of your music libraries (iTunes_Control and iTunes_Control_2). That way when you switch libraries your selected tone still works.Peace out to the homeboys puffin on the hydro
10-17-2007, 08:45 PM #14
10-17-2007, 08:48 PM #15
sounds like another reason to switch from windows! Which I shall do the second money falls from the heavens into my lap.
10-17-2007, 08:52 PM #16
can someone tell me if nething is in beta testing for windows???!!!!PLEASE
i really want my ringtones back
oh, and i have a jailbroken 1.1.1 version iphone, so is there nething????
sendsong isnt even working
its really pissing me off
thanks in advance to who ever helps me out
10-17-2007, 08:56 PM #17
10-17-2007, 09:12 PM #18
I tried to put 3 ringtones onto my phone but only 1 work, the other 2 show up on the ringtone list but they wouldnt play
10-17-2007, 10:45 PM #19
10-17-2007, 11:01 PM #20Jailbreaking 1.1.1 Without Downgrading On Mac
GUYS I HAVE BEEN WORING ON THIS ALL WEEK AND HERE IT IS I HAVE TO POINT OUT THE HARD WORK OF THE DEV TEAMS THANKS TO THEM....
1. Download iPHUC and friends from Rapidshare: (http://www.rapidshare.com/files/6150...break.zip.html)
(PPC users will have to download an extra file, iPHUC-PPC.zip while Intel users skip this file.)
2. Extract the contents so that iphuc, fstab, and iphonefs are all on the Desktop. For PPC users, drag the iPhuc to the trash and replace it with the iPhuc-PPC binary from step one.
3. Open Terminal.app located in Applications>Utilities
4. If you don't have libreadline, download it and extract the zip to your Desktop, then in Terminal, type this command: sudo cp ~/Desktop/opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.2.dylib /opt/local/lib/ or just put the opt folder directly in your HD
5. Type cd ~/Desktop and hit return; use: cd "~/Desktop/Desktop - Jailbreak" if you let OSX extract it (Include quotes)
6. Type ./iphuc and hit return (You MUST use this iPHUC to do the jailbreak, you cannot use the normal iPHUC to do so, but after you finish the jailbreak, use the normal iPHUC)
7. Type the following into the iPHUC terminal
getfile /dev/rdisk0s1 iphonefs/rdisk0s1 314572800
without the quotes and hit return. Make sure your iPhone is plugged in via USB. This will take about five minutes so grab something to drink in the meantime. Once complete, there will be a file named "rdisk0s1" in your "iphonefs" folder
8. Add .dmg to the end of the file. It should end up being rdisk0s1.dmg
9. Double click the file to mount it
10. Open the newly mounted Snowbird3A109a.UserBundle drive and open the "etc" folder. Replace the fstab file inside the "etc" folder with the supplied fstab file.
(See discussion for alternate steps to add Installer.app and patch SpringBoard at this point)
11. Unmount the image
12. Back in Terminal, assuming that you've kept iPHUC up and running, type
putfile iphonefs/rdisk0s1.dmg /dev/rdisk0s1
without quotes and hit return. This will take another minute or so.
13. When it's finished, reboot the iPhone. You can do this by holding the sleep and home button. Then turn it off. Then back on. You're jailbroken!
IF YOU HAVENT SCREWED YOUR BASEBAND GO AHEAD AND DO THIS:
second: put your NON ATT SIM IN (OK now i know what your thinking its jailbroken but wtf i cant make calls or anything its says activate with itunes)
Download the NEW iNdependance and it should say its jailroken if not thats ok go ahead and redo ALL the steps again ==DONT REBOOT==(thats from my experience anyway i dont know but the last time i did it it wouldent boot because it was like semi-jailbroken) ok IF ALL IS GOOD GO AHEAD AND PRESS ACTIVATE PHONE REEBOOT A COUPLE TIMES AND THATS IT oh and u can install like SSH by clicking on the SSH tab and installing.
Last edited by bilsta57; 10-17-2007 at 11:08 PM.