Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iToner 1.0.3 out working with 1.1.1

USE "SENDSONG"! It's available through installer app. you can change your ringtone to any song on your iphones playlist. And it's free. NO NEED FOR A COMPUTER! I never understand why all this rintone stuff is a big deal, sendsong has been out forever

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Wtf?
    Man mail my butt with that $15 dollar crap bloodclot. You workin' for Steve Blow-Job or somethin'? i'Ll wait for the next version of iBrickr for PC to come out. Ring these nuttz iN your mouth iToner...!

-sent from my iPhone

ALSOME it works great yippy

Thanks

Great work, but wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bilsta57 View Post
    GUYS I HAVE BEEN WORING ON THIS ALL WEEK AND HERE IT IS I HAVE TO POINT OUT THE HARD WORK OF THE DEV TEAMS THANKS TO THEM....

ok first

1. Download iPHUC and friends from Rapidshare: (http://www.rapidshare.com/files/6150...break.zip.html)
    (PPC users will have to download an extra file, iPHUC-PPC.zip while Intel users skip this file.)

2. Extract the contents so that iphuc, fstab, and iphonefs are all on the Desktop. For PPC users, drag the iPhuc to the trash and replace it with the iPhuc-PPC binary from step one.

3. Open Terminal.app located in Applications>Utilities

4. If you don't have libreadline, download it and extract the zip to your Desktop, then in Terminal, type this command: sudo cp ~/Desktop/opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.2.dylib /opt/local/lib/ or just put the opt folder directly in your HD

5. Type cd ~/Desktop and hit return; use: cd "~/Desktop/Desktop - Jailbreak" if you let OSX extract it (Include quotes)

6. Type ./iphuc and hit return (You MUST use this iPHUC to do the jailbreak, you cannot use the normal iPHUC to do so, but after you finish the jailbreak, use the normal iPHUC)

7. Type the following into the iPHUC terminal

getfile /dev/rdisk0s1 iphonefs/rdisk0s1 314572800

without the quotes and hit return. Make sure your iPhone is plugged in via USB. This will take about five minutes so grab something to drink in the meantime. Once complete, there will be a file named "rdisk0s1" in your "iphonefs" folder

8. Add .dmg to the end of the file. It should end up being rdisk0s1.dmg

9. Double click the file to mount it

10. Open the newly mounted Snowbird3A109a.UserBundle drive and open the "etc" folder. Replace the fstab file inside the "etc" folder with the supplied fstab file.
    (See discussion for alternate steps to add Installer.app and patch SpringBoard at this point)

11. Unmount the image

12. Back in Terminal, assuming that you've kept iPHUC up and running, type

putfile iphonefs/rdisk0s1.dmg /dev/rdisk0s1

without quotes and hit return. This will take another minute or so.

13. When it's finished, reboot the iPhone. You can do this by holding the sleep and home button. Then turn it off. Then back on. You're jailbroken!

IF YOU HAVENT SCREWED YOUR BASEBAND GO AHEAD AND DO THIS:

second: put your NON ATT SIM IN (OK now i know what your thinking its jailbroken but wtf i cant make calls or anything its says activate with itunes)

Download the NEW iNdependance and it should say its jailroken if not thats ok go ahead and redo ALL the steps again ==DONT REBOOT==(thats from my experience anyway i dont know but the last time i did it it wouldent boot because it was like semi-jailbroken) ok IF ALL IS GOOD GO AHEAD AND PRESS ACTIVATE PHONE REEBOOT A COUPLE TIMES AND THATS IT oh and u can install like SSH by clicking on the SSH tab and installing.

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    you do know you both can update the wiki. right?
    we can? ok... let me finish my research paper and ill update it later on.

Quote Originally Posted by medafor View Post
    USE "SENDSONG"! It's available through installer app. you can change your ringtone to any song on your iphones playlist. And it's free. NO NEED FOR A COMPUTER! I never understand why all this rintone stuff is a big deal, sendsong has been out forever
    As it has been stated over and over again in this and other posts, SendSong does not work to create ringtones with firmware 1.1.1

The only way to get ringtones on your phone w/ 1.1.1 is to use iToner or the convoluted method described in another thread.

Please read the threads thoroughly before posting so you understand what the conversation is about. Let's try to limit the amount of noise in each thread

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    Man mail my butt with that $15 dollar crap bloodclot. You workin' for Steve Blow-Job or somethin'? i'Ll wait for the next version of iBrickr for PC to come out. Ring these nuttz iN your mouth iToner...!

-sent from my iPhone
    what? Are you 12 years old or something?if you cant contribute anything meaningful to the discussion please keep your "nutz" in your own mouth, thanks.

Ill never understand why people think software should be free. Would you be willing to work your next shift at Burger King for free? I didnt think so. What you should do is get down on your knees and profusely thank all the open source developers out there who spend HOURS of their spare time creating these awesome apps for the iPhone.

And to think i was willing to buy iToner, figure out what they are doing, and write a free app to do the same thing. Unfortunately, im not too hip on providing free software for the spoiled and ungrateful.

Who, am i kidding. Ill do it anyway
    Last edited by blast7; 10-18-2007 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blast7 For This Useful Post:

Alpha Zero (10-18-2007), Geigerslave (10-19-2007), rianbattle (10-18-2007)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blast7 View Post
    As it has been stated over and over again in this and other posts, SendSong does not work to create ringtones with firmware 1.1.1

The only way to get ringtones on your phone w/ 1.1.1 is to use iToner or the convoluted method described in another thread.

Please read the threads thoroughly before posting so you understand what the conversation is about. Let's try to limit the amount of noise in each thread

what? Are you 12 years old or something?if you cant contribute anything meaningful to the discussion please keep your "nutz" in your own mouth, thanks.

Ill never understand why people think software should be free. Would you be willing to work your next shift at Burger King for free? I didnt think so. What you should do is get down on your knees and profusely thank all the open source developers out there who spend HOURS of their spare time creating these awesome apps for the iPhone.

And to think i was willing to buy iToner, figure out what they are doing, and write a free app to do the same thing. Unfortunately, im not too hip on providing free software for the spoiled and ungrateful.

Who, am i kidding. Ill do it anyway
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bayloc View Post
    no, if its gonna mess up my stock iphone i dont want it

oh yea, plus i dont have a mac =:P
    Wow, sucks to be you

It seems like there are only a few people that can get it to work and if they do, they cannot get all of the ringtones to work. I am getting the iToner, or the trial at least.
    Last edited by mtwiford; 10-18-2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I got the iToner trial and it works perfectly. Im so happy that I can put normal sounding ringtones on my phone, that don't sound like some kinda instrument or a song loop... like an actual RING sound.. yay, thanks Even though the trial basically does everything for 30 days, I will register it simply because. Nice work and keep it up.

For those who are having trouble with sound files, try converting them in itunes to ACC, its not required but it may help.

Only thing Im not sure of is why some sounds are just so quiet and others sound fine, I guess if you are making ringtones you gotta make sure to max the volume on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12