Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SDK Coming | Apple Condones 3rd Party Apps

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sticking with all the apps I have including Apolllo , etc until each of the apps developers can issue new versions using the SDK. If they aren't allowed to use the SDK then I will not be upgrading anytime in the near future.

I have no problem paying for apps ( I always do shareware/donationware fees)
    as long as the money goes to the devs that have worked so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by jealous soul View Post
    Let's hire the team that singlehandedly corrupted many consumers basebands and made their phones unusable. Great idea.
    No Apple did that.
    Last edited by LGgeek; 10-17-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

This is very cool, but i bet it'll be exactly like the games for the ipod. personally tested and code checked by apple and sold via itms.

theres just no other way to ensure the security that they want.

which is fine by me, at least it wont be tons of crappy apps that crash the phone constantly like a Treo.

granted it'll all cost money too that kinda sucks, but i dont mind paying for quality.

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    sure...... but then we would have to pay for all those cool apps!

Probably better to keep it the way it is......
    I just hope I don't have to pay for the apps I've already donated to.

At the same time, if the price is reasonable enough, it would be awesome to get to reward some of the hard working people that have already been working their arses off for us.

Some people seem scared that this will kill some of their other apps. I'm sure at first it will, but cracking a digital signature will be easier than jailbreaking and all that other crap. I'm still on 1.0.2 cause I don't feel like figuring out how to do all the 1.1.1 stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong, it just seems like it'd be easier.

One downfall...we'll be stuck with iTunes for apps instead of Installer.app! That'll suck!

LGgeek, you quoted jealous soul:
    Let's hire the team that singlehandedly corrupted many consumers basebands and made their phones unusable. Great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    No Apple did that.
    Actually, HE bricked his phone. Everyone and their cousin warned against updating to 1.1.1, if he didn't listen, HE bricked his own phone. There are plenty of T-Mobilers out there using their 1.0.2 iPhones with no issue.
    Last edited by sftl99; 10-17-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sftl99 View Post
    I just hope I don't have to pay for the apps I've already donated to.

At the same time, if the price is reasonable enough, it would be awesome to get to reward some of the hard working people that have already been working their arses off for us.

Some people seem scared that this will kill some of their other apps. I'm sure at first it will, but cracking a digital signature will be easier than jailbreaking and all that other crap. I'm still on 1.0.2 cause I don't feel like figuring out how to do all the 1.1.1 stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong, it just seems like it'd be easier.

One downfall...we'll be stuck with iTunes for apps instead of Installer.app! That'll suck!

LGgeek, you quoted jealous soul:

Actually, HE bricked his phone. Everyone and their cousin warned against updating to 1.1.1, if he didn't listen, HE bricked his own phone. There are plenty of T-Mobilers out there using their 1.0.2 iPhones with no issue.
    I agree, unless the Dev's put him under gunpoint to do the unlock and then update....his fault not anyone elses.

bad news apple is SELLING the way to install APPROVED third-party apps (i called the apple store in Pebody)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    I am sure they will be dumb and charge you...
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by jealous soul View Post
    yes, it's the dev team's fault for helping users get out of at&t's ball and chain. i mean they purposely made anysim to corrupt baseband on future anti-unlock fw upgrades right? right? NO. gtfo.

Default apple and apps
    This is an old senario:

"If you can not control it then it is much better to embrace it."

!!!!
    Well done to everyone that put an effort to dispute apple's iphone restrictions.
    !!!!

apple and apps

----------------------

This is an old senario:

"If you can not control it then it is much better to embrace it."

!!!!
    Well done to everyone that put an effort to dispute apple's iphone restrictions.
    !!!!
    Last edited by 2petros; 10-17-2007 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is a great step.
    The problem is, I bet we're only gonna see companies like Google and Yahoo making application (that are accepted or that get an SDK )and no one else for a while/

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    so hostile. on both sides of this little (stupid/useless/inane) argument. jeeze folks need to grow up. you all have huge internet dicks, it shows, and they impress me. really. no joke.
    lol....hahahahaaha

AHAH. Steve jobs must of got laid last night. lol.

Woohoo, i bet you he'll release the SDK with the mobile version of leopard!

erhh, now im hanging for it.. can't wait.
    Lets hope the release a video recorder, damn, i've missed so many uTube Moments.... Disappointing.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

to start, and i am hoping not to get a backlash from this, but......
    who cares if we have to pay 5 bucks to get an app from itunes!!!!! that money will go towards the dev team who built it and further their career in making more apps we like. you just have to pay for it once, for christ sake we all bought 600$ phone for and now you people ***** about something that may not have done in the first place(SDK). A special thanks to the DEV team for doing what they have done, becuase if they hadnt we would still be using stock 600$ phone that wouldnt be that cool to begin with! They made me tnot think of the money, they made me think what can be done with this machine. If apple wants to open this thing up to DEV's GOOD! Ill be the first to pay for what ever APP they come out with. THANKS MMI
    3.0 3g *******

ehhh it will probably cost

I'm cool with paying a reasonable price for an app as long as there is a way to try it first. Some of the stuff on installer.app turned out to be not for me and I'd be a little upset if I had paid for thes apps.

Supporting the developers who make stuff you like is a win-win.

I am sure Apple is not unlike any other business..... if the people are willing to pay for a Hummer then thats what they will get...... sunch as apps, upgrades, and anything else they can make money on. Like I said, keep it the way it is..... and let Apple compete with the "free" market.

if people charge for these apps im gonna yell at them

So does this mean that with every update that Apple makes it will be easy for dev team to make apps for it. They won't have to hack it first and then make it compatible. If this is the case then this is some good news. There won't be a long wait for dev team to make adjustments to new updates. But all this will be happening after Apple will release their new OS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    if the people are willing to pay for a Hummer then thats what they will get......

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!

If I pay for a hummer and all I get is a HJ... then im getting pissed!!!!!!!! 15$ HJ??.... thats how people get a black eye and end up 1/2 dressed standing outside of the motel room....

wait...............what are we talking about here?
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

Show your appreciation by using the button.

Make.SURE.You.""

Thanks

Interesting, just found this in the Business Journal:

"Hackers who have explored the workings of the phone say it uses the frameworks and structures that Apple uses on its other platforms to enable development; it just hasn’t been documented. So if Apple is going to allow applications later, is there any reason — other than vindictiveness or obsessive interest in control — that it would want to cut off those developed by the pioneers who figured things out ahead of the official launch?"

Default SDK Good Thing..."HOW Good" Is The Q
    One would hope that the SDK is a good thing, and certainly at one level it no doubt will be. More openness is better than being more locked out. I love the iPhone far more than my Treo, but I loved the Treo more than any other phone. iPhone extends on Treos innovations. We can try to debate the facts, but not my opinion.

I'm in full support of having an SDK and certainly ok with paying reasonable prices. However, not all cool stuff is for a fee. For an example, I have created my own *.app "apps" for web links and speeddial buttons. Will that be allowed or will I have to charge myself? It's TOTAL BS to charge me to cut down a song that I already bought from iTunes into a ringtone. That's theft as far as I'm concerned. I am ok with making me use a song that I bought from iTunes (not loving it, but ok with it), but paying to tell it where to start and stop, that's BS.

The bottom line is that this is a phone on a Mac-lette. Firewall the phone from the Mac and let us use the rest as a Mac if we choose (apps bought from whom I choose, wallpapers of my choice, icons, sound effects...even lets me screw with innards if I go into Terminal). Otherwise it really is just a Treo with a far better touch screen, SMS, eye candy and not so revolutionary after all. If letting us use the Mac part like a Mac (within limits of form factor) is too unsafe, then the Mac must be as well since mine is connected to the scary Internet all day and I have private stuff on there.

$.99 songs came about because consumers told the players what they were willing to put up with as a business model (Jobs just used that leverage to make it happen). The same is true here.

I guess this would be called iWin for the iPhone!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast