Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SDK Coming | Apple Condones 3rd Party Apps

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IriQuel View Post
    Apple deliberately targeted the baseband modification (keyword here is modification NOT corruption) with fW 1.1.1.. Don't blame the Dev-Team for that.
    I'm not sure I agree with that statement.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jealous soul View Post
    Let's hire the team that singlehandedly corrupted many consumers basebands and made their phones unusable. Great idea.
    Haha, you're joking right? The Dev Team made the programs, YOU used them. If you ****** up your phone, blame the guy in the mirror. You show me a notification or app from the Dev Team, and I'll show you a "Use at your own Risk" warning in big bold letters.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 10-17-2007 at 01:07 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no way they are ever going to support summerboard and dock.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

I am sure they will be dumb and charge you...
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    sure...... but then we would have to pay for all those cool apps!

Probably better to keep it the way it is......
    seriously...

I was wondering to myself what will all the whiners do when they start allowing 3rd party apps on the iPhone. Guess I didn't have to wait long for that answer did I?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    I am sure they will be dumb and charge you...
    Ever own a palm? Just about all 3rd party apps were fee based. Come now people... if it is good it will be worth paying for.

I am sure there will be some freeware but most decent programs will be fee based.

Default things the iphone should already have
    let's add cut & paste and/or flash and/or real ichat first
    and stop trying so hard to kill the dev team
    ok apple, we are the brainless machines in the 1984 commercial and you are the master... is that not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    I was wondering to myself what will all the whiners do when they start allowing 3rd party apps on the iPhone. Guess I didn't have to wait long for that answer did I?
    You must love getting your spanking, don't you?
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY? (oh i know the answer to that)
    F*ing brainless apple lover
    Last edited by tk13_sj; 10-17-2007 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

so hostile. on both sides of this little (stupid/useless/inane) argument. jeeze folks need to grow up. you all have huge internet dicks, it shows, and they impress me. really. no joke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    Whaaaaaa, they're going to let third party apps on the iPhone, Whaaaaaa We're going to have a whole new whack of cleverly crafted apps to help in our everyday lives. Whaaaaaa

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    so hostile. on both sides of this little (stupid/useless/inane) argument. jeeze folks need to grow up. you all have huge internet dicks, it shows, and they impress me. really. no joke.
    just quoting myself since I'm the only one capable of making a usefull post in this thread.

@ those excited about apple releasing the SDK even though it will probably lead to apps that a) cost money or b) have all sorts of limits for who is allowed to develop for the iphone, thus cancelling out great developers.

Great you have every right to be excited that apple is actually making some effort towards what consumers actually want.

@ those that think that this is evil and is going to kill native app development etc etc etc.

It wont, we'll still be modding.

There is really no nasty debate to be had except by unreasonable idiots. Its all about internet **** size. Great you all win. A+
    Last edited by Cody Overcash; 10-17-2007 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

Cozmo (10-18-2007)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'd defiantly have to agree this is a good thing. It'll open up apps that you'll probably buy thru mobile itunes store. that'll install like they do on installer app or whatever, and you'll still have your installer app there to install freeware, they'll probably be even better b/c of the sdk. this is a good deal for all involved. as been said, this isn't the end for modding our phones. some things we'll always have to take into our own hands.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alperovich For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (10-17-2007)

haha sweet i turned my bricked phone in a couple days ago to apple they gave me a new one im such a fibber n e ways had bricked it using one these tutorials so now im stuck with 1.1.1. so i thought and i was really hard minded on trying any of these things ever again so i got the balls to finally do something i really wanted my third party apps back well for any of you that are using 1.1.1. already and never used anysim or any unlocking technic go use ibrickr the version 9 one it will run u through the complete process of downgrading to 1.0.2 you WILL NOT even need to downgrade the baseband once u install 1.0.2 jus go ahead and drop in the installerapp v1.0.2 and there u go u got your phone back to 1.0.2 jailbroken and can have ur third party apps back and may i add the apps work jus fine

Quote Originally Posted by drkmstr View Post
    Ever own a palm? Just about all 3rd party apps were fee based. Come now people... if it is good it will be worth paying for.

I am sure there will be some freeware but most decent programs will be fee based.
    Good point! The iPhone OS has much more flexibility than a palm given the multitouch interface, I think we will see some amazing apps once there is a profit to be made. Not that I would belittle any of the current apps (which are amazing) but once there is money to be made, developers will have much more incentive to dedicate resources to iPhone apps.

My main concern is that Apple wont allow full access for developers. If Apple cripples developers access to the OS, 3rd party apps will be only slightly more useful than web-apps; in which case I'll probably still be running FW 1.0.2 in February.

Time will tell!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MOSHO92 For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (10-17-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    There is really no nasty debate to be had except by unreasonable idiots. Its all about internet **** size. Great you all win. A+
    Damn right cash. But I've found you can't have a reasonable debate with unreasonable people, the only thing they truly understand is when you respond to them in their own limited language and comprehension. Sorry about that.

Question Revenue?
    Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Why would steve positively acknoledge a group of hackers who cut his revenue?
    And exactly what revenue did the Dev Team take from Apple?

Their kickback from AT&T (for those who switched to T-Mobile)?

Or was it all of these 3rd party apps? YES!!!

We haven't been buying any 3rd party apps in iTunes....wait.....

Thanks

Its about time

these sucker finally cave in!!! apps, anyone?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast