Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add ringtones easily with iFuntastic!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default Add ringtones easily with iFuntastic!
    iFuntastic is a new program out for Intel Mac users which allows you to easily add ringtones to your phone using a slick GUI.

Enjoy!

Thanks, exNavy, for the tip.

I'm working on a guide, I'll have it Wiki'd in 10.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 07-23-2007 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

umm i cant see anyone elses posts?

Will this app replace the system notification sounds for email and sms, or it will just add custom tones?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Just add custom ringtones so far.

Here's the Wiki guide.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

dinky (07-23-2007)

I'm having trouble getting passed the "unlock the phone" phase.. it just stays stuck on the "busy" colored spinwheel icon-

This program is GREAT. The only reason I was stuck at the beachball icon in step 3 was because I didn't put the phone into recovery mode. I didn't initially read the wiki. Thank you so much. Did you personally create this program - Poetic???
    Last edited by f00fighters; 07-23-2007 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is brilliant, excellent work, I cant wait until system sounds etc. are included. Great Job guys.

Much, much easier for me than the original custom ringtones guide (with jailbreak). Thanks for sharing the great app and the wiki! Worked flawlessly!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Glad our little guide helped. Props to the dev!

Anyone else having issues with iFuntastic?? I followed the wiki to the letter on my MBP and iFuntastic locks up somewhere between step 3 and 4, after I have clicked on 4. I put the phone in recovery mode without a problem, but the software doesn't seem to recognize it. iPhoto, iTunes and iTunes helper all have been quitted and I am monitoring things in the Activity Monitor.

Each time iFuntastic rejects the process and brings me back to step 3.

Any ideas??? Does it matter if your music is in .mp3 or .m4a?? Should it have an extension or not? I have tried both .mp3 and .m4a, both with extensions.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

If the program hangs while waiting for jailbreak, simply Force Quit it and start it again.

Now all we need is a program like this for SKINS!!! iFantastic Rocks!

PF -
    I have force quit the program and started again, and the same thing keeps happening. Although once I selected the skip option and I was able to complete the process. Now that I thought I had figured it out, I tried to do it again and can not repeat the process. Is there some trick after you unlock, then have to force quit, where I should start off???

this is great thanks..can't stand them damn ringtones.

To add to the troubleshooting, I have noticed that the process iphoneinterface utilizes a large part of the CPU when iFuntastic is trying to communicate with the iphone in recovery mode. Force quitting iFuntastic several times will create multiple processes of iphoneinterface

I have seen some postings elsewhere of people having this lockup issue, but no other solution than force quitting iFuntastic and reloading it. I am trying to figure out if this is just a user error (me), but I am usually pretty good with this kind of thing

How about the same app for PowerPc - Please make it universal

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

I occasionally have issues with it as well. To be honest, I use iphoneinterface and Terminal still, its less buggy.

any news on when something like this will be available to replace system sounds? But then again i can always use Terminal

I was afraid of this. It looks like I'm going to have to find a mac just so I can run the software to mod my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by afd696 View Post
    I have seen some postings elsewhere of people having this lockup issue, but no other solution than force quitting iFuntastic and reloading it. I am trying to figure out if this is just a user error (me), but I am usually pretty good with this kind of thing
    YES THAT MY PROBLEMO! i try to do thsi bt it wont unlcok it just stays tehre and i wiat forever!