Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac OS X Leopard Official Release date..

Official MMI Troll with an Attitude Digitol's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Mac OS X Leopard Official Release date..
    www.apple.com apple officially announced Leopard to be released on Oct. 26th. In addition, if you have purchased a new mac on or after October 1 you can get a copy of leopard for -correction (thanks iph0n3) $9.95 through the apple up to date program.
    Last edited by Digitol; 10-17-2007 at 11:37 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

bout time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

With the new Mail client, NOTES will now SYNC to your Mac from your iPhone...which is going to require a new MobileMail.app....so I'd expect a new iphone update Oct 26th

does anyone know how does the family pack work? Can I split the 5 licences among my friends? (they live in the same building as I) How would apple know if you and your friends dont live in the same residence?

Thanks

welcome to this morning

Thanks

Default your wrong
    19.99 <- where did you get that number from I just bought it for my new iMac and all i payed was the shipping which was 9.95 w/o tax. All you have to do is pay tax

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

i have now spent my 100 dollar credit
    I am the MacBook Pro

He's right, I purchased Leopard using the up-to-date plan this morning. If you bought a new mac after Oct. 2, 2007 then you can take advantage of the program. You have to have it postmark before the end of the year. I bought my mac from a local reseller and ordering from the apple store was a breeze. $9.95+tax and free shipping. Guess I planned that just right. I bought my mac on the 5th.

Here's the correct information. On or after October 1st, $9.95 charge.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

Quote Originally Posted by ufmedrudy View Post
    With the new Mail client, NOTES will now SYNC to your Mac from your iPhone...which is going to require a new MobileMail.app....so I'd expect a new iphone update Oct 26th
    maybe not...... i have been able to successfully turn my iPhone notes into text files using sqlite3 (from Erica's Utilities) and also add to the Notes database the same way.

So given that it's possible to do all of that with the current MobileNotes.app it seems reasonable to me that the change will come on the Leopard side...... allowing the Leopard OS to access the private areas of the iPhone and then retrieve/modify the Notes database for syncing purposes. I don't see any reason why you would need a "sync" button or some other similar UI in the MobileNotes.app since you have to be connected to iTunes to sync in the first place. This does bring up the question of how Notes will be synced on Windows XP. Maybe XP iTunes just backs up the Notes database file so a restore brings back the database you had previously.

Oh and before anyone asks..... yes I tried using Erica's dumpnotes script but it didn't work correctly for me so I made modifications based on the sqlite3 documentation I found

is buying an iphone considered a new mac? LOL j/k
    Bio Boosting iPhone Armour

Quote Originally Posted by waynema View Post
    does anyone know how does the family pack work? Can I split the 5 licences among my friends? (they live in the same building as I) How would apple know if you and your friends dont live in the same residence?
    same household

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blast7 View Post
    maybe not...... i have been able to successfully turn my iPhone notes into text files using sqlite3 (from Erica's Utilities) and also add to the Notes database the same way.

So given that it's possible to do all of that with the current MobileNotes.app it seems reasonable to me that the change will come on the Leopard side...... allowing the Leopard OS to access the private areas of the iPhone and then retrieve/modify the Notes database for syncing purposes. I don't see any reason why you would need a "sync" button or some other similar UI in the MobileNotes.app since you have to be connected to iTunes to sync in the first place. This does bring up the question of how Notes will be synced on Windows XP. Maybe XP iTunes just backs up the Notes database file so a restore brings back the database you had previously.

Oh and before anyone asks..... yes I tried using Erica's dumpnotes script but it didn't work correctly for me so I made modifications based on the sqlite3 documentation I found

What I ment to say require the new MAIL.app.....on OS X....and I would still expect the 1.1.2 to launch the same day, for the very reason it wouldnt be able to play well on Windows

Quote Originally Posted by ufmedrudy View Post
    What I ment to say require the new MAIL.app.....on OS X....and I would still expect the 1.1.2 to launch the same day, for the very reason it wouldnt be able to play well on Windows
    Haha that's not what you meant, you just realized that you could be wrong so you tried to change what you said. At first you clearly said "mobilemail.app" and now you a
    want to say "mail.app" for OSx.

Sorry I'm an a hole but I had to point that out, yeah that's how bored i am.

You theoretically can split the licenses up among friends though Apple doesn't want you to.

And also... go to http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/ for the up-to-date aka 9.99
    Last edited by Farani; 10-16-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Woohoo!

You know what that means?
    iPhone is getting OS upgrade too! wooohooo!

expect some nice - really nice - encryptions on it.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hackme View Post
    Haha that's not what you meant, you just realized that you could be wrong so you tried to change what you said. At first you clearly said "mobilemail.app" and now you a
    want to say "mail.app" for OSx.

Sorry I'm an a hole but I had to point that out, yeah that's how bored i
    am.
    It's an internet message bored...you aren't an a hole and you're entitled to whatever you want to think

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

and watch the TIFF hack be closed
    -G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast