Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock 1.1.1 firmware FOR FREE AnySim 1.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by felixlaumon So you said the virginizer will the same thing with the downgrading baseband guide. But as far as I know, the anySIM for FW 1.0.2 is
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by felixlaumon View Post
    So you said the virginizer will the same thing with the downgrading baseband guide. But as far as I know, the anySIM for FW 1.0.2 is somewhat not perfect - it corrupts the NVRAM. And this is why iPhone Elite Team emerges as they try to fix this problem. And many people say that the baseband cant completely virginize the iPhone.

see http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/wiki/FAQ

I am really confused. Which side is true?
    You can go back to the 3.14 baseband and unlock to get a working phone, and then wait for the elusive virginizing tool to repair the nvram. that simple.

Thanks

i played around for a while, and ended up using the older Independence after restoring to 1.0.2 and now iTunes sees my phone again (I was getting an IMEI error in iTunes and couldnt do anything ith my phone)... currently I have reuprgraded to 1.1.1 with the new independence, now waiting or anysim 1.1

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

yayay!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks

unlocked, but still showing incorrect SIM, even after rstoring to 1.0.2 and even after flashing baseband

Thanks

maybey works better for 1.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Did you re-run anysim after you downgraded?
    I still use Windows sometimes.

Thanks

im gonn a try this

Thanks

tried anysim with 1.1.1 and it still has the same incorrect sim error (sim displays 0049...). I just tried redowngrading to 1.0.2 and unlocking again with unlock.app and replace lockown, ulocking now...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also had an unlocked 1.0.2, and followed the steps to erase the baseband and rewrite it with 03, then followed all the procedures to unlock 1.1.1, I ran AnySim 1.1., which said "Unlock Successful" but I got the Incorrect SIM error. After the "virginization", the IMEI is unaffected when upgrading to 1.1.1, which is good.

I then resorted to trying to just downgrade the baseband to 03, and when I entered the command ieraser, the terminal froze on me. At any rate, the Wifi was fried and the "Repair Needed" message came up. So I restored the phone back to 1.0.2 (which worked). Interestingly enough, when I restored the phone, the baseband automaitcally reverted back to 03 despite the fact I did not install it as the ieraser command hung up. I think I screwed up the baseband to the point where the system automatically restored the baseband as well. At any rate, I unlocked it again with AnySim, and I'm now really going to wait for the virginizing tool.

In the last two days, I've probably repeated the 1.1.1 upgrade and downgrade process 8 times on the same phone, and I still haven't managed to fry my phone yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

an anybody pls explain the steps needed to go from an IPSF unlocked FW 1.0.2 to getting to an Unlocked/activated/Jailbreaked FW 1.1.1 upgrade.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey the_unknown, what was the original firm of your iphone?

hey jacobzking, what phones have you unlock successfully 1.1.1 phones as in this was the original firm of phones? how?

Ok I think i'm gonna speak for most when I say this.

I have a stock 1.1.1 iphone that i was just gonna use independence and the help instructions in independence to downgrade to 1.0.2 at which point i tried to use the unlock.app which said it was successful but after putting in a t-mobile sim no go (incorrect sim) message. I didn't go back any steps from here and just cyberducked the anysim.app (1.0 i think not this new one yet.) and this one just hung up and had some kind of error and could not complete some thing about the nor. anyways I then just factory restored from itunes back to where it now says to activate the iphone. Im I screwed or should i try again since the new any sim is out. I don't need the full upgrade to 1.1.1 i just want it to work with 1.0.2
    Last edited by catmando; 10-17-2007 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

PHR
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iphone is 1.1.1 but i downgrade to 1.0.2 and fix de baseband to 03.14.08_G and unlock.

Can I restore it to 1.1.1 and use the new AnySim 1.1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The instructions FOR WINDOWS work perfectly. I followed them with my 1.1.1 iphone, and I got it to downgrade to 1.0.2, change the baseband, and unlock it. I never used AnySim.

I believe there are no GOOD instructions as to how to use AnySim.

For the other part, EXCELLENT WORK, I have no problems at all, and using now my iphone with another carrier other than ATT.

Great work!

Green Apple
    Thanks

No. If you have a mac and a 1.1.1 never unlocked IPHONE read this. I unlocked my iphone after running the independence 1.2.3 whole process. After that I didnīt know what to do. So I read and read posts and threads and decided to do the following and WORKED!!! After the whole independence 1.2.3 process connect the iphone and open ssh with independence 1.2.3 (donīt forget to close Itunes) get connected to ssh and then open the customize label. Once there go to applications---user----add type your iphone ip address and password: alpine. Then drop there the ANYSIM unzipped file. An icon with the image of ANYSIN appears on the iphone. In it go to general switch the auto unlock to never put your non at&t sim inside and turn off the phone,reboot. Press the Anysim button an install the software. After about 10 minutes a sign telling that your phone is unlocked appears....and yes!!! Itīs real!!!!! Everything works: WIFI, text messages, voicemail, youtube, calls: in and out. I canīt believe it. Try this method....hope it works for you too

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Estelin For This Useful Post:

Izze (10-17-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

PHR
    Please take some time to read the posts before you ask questions. The long time and most knowledgable posters here have taken a break from trying to help. Frankly I dont blame them. They do this for free and when the same questions keep being asked, they just leave. Your question has been answered MANY times and if you would take the time to do a little research, you could find the answer. You have to "virginize" your phone before you attempt the new method. If you are unsure what "virginize" means I suggest you take a few hours to look through all the posts. You will be able to tell who is knowledgable. Take some time. In the course of answering the question you have, you may learn other things as well.

Remember, these people are doing this for free. Take some time to educate yourself. Then when you have a problem, they are more likely to be helpful. I am not trying to flame you and I understand how it feels to want information now but these guys have been answering the same questions for 36 hours and they are fried.

Please take some time to read the posts and 3 hours is by no means enough, but it is a good start.

Ok...go "virginize" your phone.

Estelin

When you run the new Independence with a new in box 1.1.1 what is the exact sequence? Do you click the "jailbreak" tab then "activate" or is it the other way around?

I would assune one could SSH into the phone with Cyberduck and drop Anysim in the applications folder too right?
    Last edited by taylorcold; 10-17-2007 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to taylorcold For This Useful Post:

Izze (10-17-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i tried terminal to get anysim on the iphone but had some problems, so i just used cyberduck and it worked, now i am wondering if i should run anysim with my at&t sim card, or no sim card, or the sim card i plan to use (non at&t)

edit: anysim tells you before u click the unlock button to insert your new sim not at&t, i just started the process....

edit: 5 minutes later....it worked...like a charm
    Last edited by abuimad; 10-17-2007 at 08:26 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abuimad View Post
    i tried terminal to get anysim on the iphone but had some problems, so i just used cyberduck and it worked, now i am wondering if i should run anysim with my at&t sim card, or no sim card, or the sim card i plan to use (non at&t)

edit: anysim tells you before u click the unlock button to insert your new sim not at&t, i just started the process....
    In 1.0.2, anysim wants the new sim card while it unlocks. Might be different in 1.1.1, though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abuimad View Post

edit: 5 minutes later....it worked...like a charm
    awesome! thats great news.

What i want to know is does this reset the baseband firmware to 1.0.2 or does it unlock the 1.1.1 baseband?

I'm also wondering how the hell they managed to unlock 1.1.1 when buffer overflow is removed...?
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Green Apple
    Thanks

In the first jailbreaking sequence (after donwgrading to 1.0.2) Activate and the jailbreak. In the second jalibreaking sequence (after the 1.1.1 upgrade) you have to only activate because the process activates and jailbreak in this instance. Related to ssh I did it with Independence 1.2.3 ssh (get connected to ssh and then open the customize label. Once there go to applications---user----add type your iphone ip address and password: alpine. It´s really easy. Then drop there the ANYSIM unzipped file. An icon with the image of ANYSIN appears on the iphone. In it go to general switch the auto unlock to never put your non at&t sim inside and turn off the phone,reboot. Press the Anysim button an install the software. After about 10 minutes a sign telling that your phone is unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey there,
    If you followed this guide from starting with an unlocked 1.0x iPhone you will find that you'll have a very phoneless "iPhone"... just an "i" really...

You might find that you ended up geting incorrect IMEI and looking something like 0049... and even if the AnySIM app said your unlock was successful you'll get the "Invalid SIM" error. Unfortunately it looks like nothing can be done about this until the DevTeam release their revirginizer tool, which will hopefully restore the nvram.

To fix the IMEI issue, i just used iNdependence to put my iPhone into recovery mode, then used iTunes to option-restore to the older firmware and then went on following the guide at:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX

I didn't do the last step so that I am back at 1.02 running firmware 3 and unlocked.

Now... PLEASE REMOVE this guide before it wastes even more hours of peoples time.

Hope this helps. Fingers crossed that the virginizing tool isn't far off.