Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock 1.1.1 firmware FOR FREE AnySim 1.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Vixter I have the same question as Jaws01. - I purchased the phone with 1.1.1 and 04.01.13_G Baseband - I downgraded phone to 1.0.2 with 04.01.13_G Baseband
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vixter View Post
    I have the same question as Jaws01.
    - I purchased the phone with 1.1.1 and 04.01.13_G Baseband
    - I downgraded phone to 1.0.2 with 04.01.13_G Baseband
    - I've unlocked the phone and currently using it for the apps/Wi-Fi and such since I cannot use my Sim Card (After running anySim).
    - I believe my IMEI Numbers on the phone do not match the factory numbers anymore. (If that makes any sense)
    - I've used iTunes 7.4+ to do all my unlocking so far and been using iBricker & used PACAY (Used a tutorial on YouTube)

Can I run this new version of anySim 1.1 to help unlock the Sim card issue without re-updating to version 1.1.1 ? or Will I have to wait for this Virginizer tool to come come out.

Thanks and I really appreciate the help of the community thus far for the iPhone.

Thanks,

I took the risk and ran the new anySIM with a firmware of 1.0.2 and modem firmware of 04.01.13_G
    and it worked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just throwing in my two cents.... for the people with questions on the imei#'s not matching. I had to use my existing at&t card because I have a corporate account through at&t. With 1.0.2, I used iNdependence to jailbreak, activate, and also to change my phone's imei # to MATCH the # on my original at&t sim card. I've been using the phone with no issues for the last month or so. My question to cash or anybody else here, did doing what I did effect my baseband? I'm guessing no, and if that's the case.... I should be able to just do an upgrade to 1.1.1, let it wipe out all of my programs, then just use the new version of iNdependence to jailbreak, activate, and change the imei again................ right????

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Oh good! Now the VirginTool
    I cant wait for the V -Tool.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any one try this with a virgin 1.1.1 phone yet, and is successful. please let me know. i would really appreciate it.if you ahvent noticed im a noob at this.
    thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is my story

- iPhone with 1.0.2 (03.14.08_G)
    - unlocked with anySIM 1.0.0 and OK
    - update to 1.1.1 accidently
    - downgrade to 1.0.2 (04.01.13_G still remain)
    - downgrade baseband to 03.14.08_G (A.K.A. virginize)
    - use anySIM 1.0.0 to unlock again and OK again

now

- i updated to 1.1.1 with iTunes (yes, im crazy jajaja )
    - i use iNdependence 1.2.3 to downgrade to 1.0.2, activate, jailbreak and install apps
    - i use the "pre 1.1.1 updgrade" button for upgrade to 1.1.1
    - now, i have 1.1.1, i just activate, jailbrake and install again the apps (SFTP....etc U know )

here da problem

anySIM 1.1.0 (new version) works fine, but doesn´t work with a non AT&**** SIM card

anySIM works great for new iphone withou mods

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    jeetu610, I'm like you. I have 2 lockdowns in /usr/libexec (one lockdown and lockdown.patch)

From VT100 inside Iphone, If I want to sync I need to rename lockdown to lockdown.ren and lockdown.patch to lockdown, kill lockdownd and works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HEY!!!! WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO JAILBREAK AND THEN UNLOCK FOR 1.1.1 I MEAN I JUST BOGUHT 3 IPHONES, AND I GUESS 1.1.1 IS INSTALLED ON THEM. will Nate True make another version of iBrickr with the 1.1.1 jailbreak and unlock?????!!!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I jailbroke my 1.1.1 phone but now how do I put the Anysim files onto my phone to unlock?? I need the windows procedures, I know about Independence but I dont have a mac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    sigh. same question over and over. you don't have to wait for a virginizer tool if you'll take 15 mins and educate yourself about downgrading the baseband. Look through the news forum for downgrade baseband . . .

if you are scared to type on the command line (what this virginizer tool will be essentially be doing) then yes you need to wait for someone to package into a nice gui to make it real easy for ya.

I'm out of this thread . . . . I can tell it's going to be one of those same question for 50 pages threads

SEARCH AND READ THE FORUMS :P

Well said.
    I may not be a genius, but I have taken a friends phone back to stock, the guide is very easy, just be patient and read it.

I'm still unlocked at 1.0.2 with lots'o'apps to play with and will be untill the dust settles. With things changing nearly everyday...whats the rush? Not worth the frustration.

Thanks to the DevTeam, Cash, p_f, and all the other mods for keeping us straight (or at least trying).

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vertu View Post
    DevTeam will be the name of my first-born.
    hahahaha thats funny. So both the virginizer tool that devteam will eventually release and the guide to virginize the phone yourself will do the same? I think ill just wait for the tool, I dont want to F*** up while doing whats in the guide and brick my phone!
    i LOVE apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there a way to bypass activation if i just got a iphone and it came with ver 1.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    hahahaha thats funny. So both the virginizer tool that devteam will eventually release and the guide to virginize the phone yourself will do the same? I think ill just wait for the tool, I dont want to F*** up while doing whats in the guide and brick my phone!
    No, the guide here on mmi does not virginize the phone, it only allows you to flash the 3.14.08_G baseband so you can use the phone again. The virginizer will repair the nvram/seczone corruption caused by the old unlock methods so you can upgrade to 1.1.1 without bricking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok, I am by no means as smart as most of you guys on this forum but following the guide and using the new version of anysim I was able to unlock a new iphone that was running 1.1.1

Just follow the guide and you'll be up and running in no time

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For the love of everyones sanity,
    Please read people, if you want to be the guy with the cool iPhone...you should at the least put in a couple of hours of reading, it may be some what confusing, but its not that confusing. Please read the forum before posting another, will this Virginize my phone, how do I unlock, jailbreak my phone, please for everyones sanity, take the time to educate yourself.

Good luck with all of your travels

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any guide please how to use this software?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I followed the guides, but when i RUn the new anySIM, i get the UNlock Successfull message, however i get the Incorrect SIM message...

What can i do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    No, the guide here on mmi does not virginize the phone, it only allows you to flash the 3.14.08_G baseband so you can use the phone again. The virginizer will repair the nvram/seczone corruption caused by the old unlock methods so you can upgrade to 1.1.1 without bricking.
    Oh okay thanks for that, I'll just wait till the virginizer tool is available. Anyone know when that will be? Or were we told that it would just be available "soon"?
    i LOVE apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

plz i really need help..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

when i do this:
    1. Download AnySIM 1.1 and expand the ZIP file.
    2. Drag the resulting file “anySIM” (full name, anySIM.app) to your /Applications Folder.
    3. Open Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities) and type the following: scp -r /Applications/anySIM.app root@IPADDRESS:/Applications/ replacing IPADDRESS with the IP address of your iPhone (you can determine your iPhone’s IP Address by tapping Settings, then “Wi-Fi,” — tap the arrow next to the name of the Wi-Fi network to which your iPhone and look at the IP Address)
    4. Restart your iPhone.
    5. Run the AnySIM application to unlock your phone
    terminal says no such file or directory

but i can open cyberduck and look @ anySIM.app in the /applications folder

uh..help please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Now its free how long before Apple...
    Works out how it was done and finds a way too block it again with an update and brick? Now rather then the few it will become the many and Apple will have to take action.