Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Death By iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default unlocked and recalled?
    OKAY... so, what would their policy be on recalling unlocked phones? I sure the H*** would hope they don't plan to recall them, then say "oh, you voided your warranty by unlocking it, so we're not giving you a replacement one. Sorry!". If that's the case, I'll just keep my toxic phone, thankyouverymuch!

As for Greenpeace... why don't they go after companies that REALLY harm the environment, like GM with their 8-10 MPG Hummers and their "hybrid" Chevy Tahoes with 20 MPG.... a hybrid with 20 mpg is terrible. F for CRAPPY effort.

I'll never donate to such a frivolous Greenpeace.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerslave View Post
    I put my iphone in my blender and had me an apple smoothie
    You mean... like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1ckCkm8YI

I'm sure that Al Gore, inventor of the environment, and Apple board member, will put a stop to this in short order. Just as soon as he stops flying around the world in his private jet promoting carbon offsets...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scidsecret View Post
    OKAY... so, what would their policy be on recalling unlocked phones? I sure the H*** would hope they don't plan to recall them, then say "oh, you voided your warranty by unlocking it, so we're not giving you a replacement one. Sorry!". If that's the case, I'll just keep my toxic phone, thankyouverymuch!

As for Greenpeace... why don't they go after companies that REALLY harm the environment, like GM with their 8-10 MPG Hummers and their "hybrid" Chevy Tahoes with 20 MPG.... a hybrid with 20 mpg is terrible. F for CRAPPY effort.

I'll never donate to such a frivolous Greenpeace.
    Well this is a capitalist country and if there is a market for 8 MPG trucks then they are gonna keep making them. If we dont want these stupid f*cking cars on the road then we have to stop buying them. We as a country have to show that we want electric cars and organic food and that we want to move away from the corporatist government that we are on our way to. The oil business already has too much of a hand in our political decisions and we arent doing anything to keep this sort of sh*t from happening more. Id say support greenpeace because overall they have a much better view of the way thngs should be than our current president or any of the candidates for 08 (except maybe Ron Paul). And if youre really interested in the GM thing, do yourself a favor and rent "Who Killed the Electric Car?". I found it in blockbuster but it could be in other places

I hate all this crap about the "toxins" in the iphone.
    They EXCEED the highest standards there are and they said they would remove the "toxins" by 2008.
    Hello, It's still 2007! Don't say they haven't done something that they:
    1) Don't have to do.
    2) Said they will do soon.

This is just a big deal because the media makes it a big deal.

You aren't going to die by having an iPhone over any other phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    It was way to easy to go from “toxins in iPhone” to clicking the link and getting sucked into 20 mins of watching “but will it blend” lol

Quote Originally Posted by oOXDreadXOo View Post
    It was way to easy to go from “toxins in iPhone” to clicking the link and getting sucked into 20 mins of watching “but will it blend” lol
    lol i got sucked in the same way. i started watching all the vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    and they said they would remove the "toxins" by 2008.
    Then why include any in the first place?

People get sick with cancer every day. Who knows what causes it? I for one am glad there are groups out there that act as watchdogs. Otherwise it would be profit over safety every time.

Quote Originally Posted by chasev2 View Post

People get sick with cancer every day. Who knows what causes it? I for one am glad there are groups out there that act as watchdogs. Otherwise it would be profit over safety every time.
    What are you talking about? Science has a pretty indepth understanding of cancer. They just have trouble stopping it in some cases and most of the time the trouble comes as a result of not getting regular checkups.

Back to the topic at hand
    Why bother to report this? Green propaganda doesn't belong on a tech site as specialized as this.

Quote Originally Posted by imstill@g View Post
    That what they get for voiding our warranties.
    LOL, That'll teach them.
    These guys just cant get a break...

i totally agree. have they said they're not going to do anything about it yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LinkerX View Post
    Back to the topic at hand
    Why bother to report this? Green propaganda doesn't belong on a tech site as specialized as this.
    I agree. Greenpeace simply chose the biggest shiniest target they could find, the iPhone. The move was entirely politically motivated and simply a way to gain more publicity for Greenpeace. Nothing more.

This is serious guys, Greenpeace is right, the iphone is dangerous, especially if you eat the battery....They didn't even cover that test
    Really?

seems to me that everything we buy now is toxic or could cause cancer... geez we have to die because of something.. viva la iphone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buddyyou69 View Post
    seems to me that everything we buy now is toxic or could cause cancer...
    only if you live in california
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by chasev2 View Post

I'm sure they included them because they are already made (and is the easiest way to make them now). There are bad things in water, why should you drink it? Because it won't kill you (and will help you in this case). If the things in the iPhone were really that bad, they would be banned from use. (They are not new "toxins", we've been using computer chips for quite a while now...) I'll quote Eurisko because I really agree with what he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Greenpeace simply chose the biggest shiniest target they could find, the iPhone. The move was entirely politically motivated and simply a way to gain more publicity for Greenpeace. Nothing more.

P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    only if you live in california
    I completely agree. =D My family and I have a on going joke about how EVERYTHING causes cancer... in California...

Default LoL
    Lol, so let's stop eating fish coz thos oil tankers that sank and spill oils in the ocean are toxic! But they said fish is a healthy food. Well greenpeace please check how many toxic materials in our vehicles nowadays?

Default Iphone blocked on apple with starting
    hello
    My Iphone blocked on apple with starting and I cant restor it I need your help plaese

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12