Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod Touch Easy Jailbreak

I'm assuming those who jailbreaked their iPhone has real AT&T service? Because the only way u can access Safari on the iPhone running 1.1.1 is by having service with them. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    is ijailbreak supposed to take a long time?

thing has been jailbreaking for a while,lol
    are u using the method from this website?

http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/

I downloaded iJailBreak on my Mac, ran the iJailBreak.app clicked on jailbreak then it's asking me to put this in the applications folder, which i did and nothing happened
    .:TweegyBlink:.

Yeah , has anyone done this successfully on a mac yet? I'm dying to try it out but not confident enough in my abilities to fix my ipod if it goes haywire?

Quote Originally Posted by AxPxE View Post
    I'm assuming those who jailbreaked their iPhone has real AT&T service? Because the only way u can access Safari on the iPhone running 1.1.1 is by having service with them. Correct me if I'm wrong...
    excellent point, didnt think of that.
    You can run safari without activating/unlocking your phone through that emergency call work around (search the forum), but how would you connect to edge? Maybe wifi works without activating the phone.

Or Your going to have to wait until they figure out how to use your USB to run Safari and direct it to a TIFF exploit sent through the USB.

Or until they release a jailbreak with another method..

looks like 1.0.2 is here to stay!
    Last edited by mofolo; 10-15-2007 at 03:57 AM.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

touchfree wont get passed reading flash image... Anyone know why this is happening? and yes, i did visit that site in safari. and just to be sure i visited it again with still no luck...
    Last edited by lilmike09; 10-15-2007 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmike09 View Post
    touchfree wont get passed reading flash image... Anyone know why this is happening? and yes, i did visit that site in safari. and just to be sure i visited it again with still no luck...
    ditto

and on my mac,is just says "jailbreaking" or something for a LONG period of time

hence why i tried the windows version

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

i was not able to get iJailbreak working for my iphone, it seemed to get stuck at the jailbreak step

I would not recommend testing this as my iphone will no longer sync after 2 restores
    I am the MacBook Pro

and after trying on my iphone, it erased all my media, and i cant restore, or sync, or anything

and this error when trying the jailbreak

Last edited by RonMexico; 10-15-2007 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

i got same error

i put it in restore mode and restored and then got it to sync
    I am the MacBook Pro

Green Apple
    Thanks

so right now no luck with jailbreaking using the mac method but some have had the windows method work?

ok so just to clear this up for everyone does that link work to jailbreak 1.1.1 iPhone on windows and if so do I need to have 1.1.1 already on my phone or do I keep the older version that install?

thank god mine finally restored,lol

i couldnt get it to work in windows, or on my mac
    Last edited by RonMexico; 10-15-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by esko032 View Post
    ok so just to clear this up for everyone does that link work to jailbreak 1.1.1 iPhone on windows and if so do I need to have 1.1.1 already on my phone or do I keep the older version that install?
    Adding to this question...will a brand new iphone with 1.1.1 work with the link and instructions posted here?

i can't get past level 2? (Reading ipod flash image) anyone has any ideas?
    i looked in the folder where touchFree is installed and file "rdisk0s1" keeps changing from 0 to up to 260Mb every once in a while?

The iJailbreak does not even unzip properly... it's corrupt. That's why the program doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Khirsah View Post
    Installed BSD, Terminal, and NES and they all showed up (after a reboot) and worked fine. Interesting how summerboard scrolls left/right instead of up/down now..
    That's not Summerboard doing that....... it's the new 1.1.1 Springboard. The real test is.... can you see a background behind the Springboard with Summerboard installed? Do any of the SMB Prefs work?

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    13 ! wow thats impressive!

I wonder if he can jailbreak iphones too!?
    Tinman over on everythingiphone.com has also confirmed that the touchFree program works on the iPhone for 1.1.1. Using Windows you have to have the .NET framework 2.0 installed before doing this. You can easily find his thread with instructions in the iPhone Modifications forum. Hope that helps.

Ok I just jailbroke 1.1.1 iPhone on windows. Clean restore to 1.1.1, no problems. Although now that i have installed Customize, it will not luanch (customize). It just crashes. Any thoughs?

tried it on my iphone and windows xp. touchfree hangs after pressing "continue to step 2" doesnt affect iphone but now i upgraded to 1.1.1 and im pissed. anybody have any suggestions?

spoke too soon. worked just fine. the only thing i cant get to work is any free ringtone program. if any one has a solution i would appreciate it.
    Last edited by akosko01; 10-16-2007 at 09:16 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast