+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Next Step in Modding - IPSWTool

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hey! could u tell us, approx when itt will be released? thanks
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey!

could u tell us, approx when itt will be released?
    thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

This may be a dumb question.. but if we create our own custom firmware, will it effect our contacts and pictures and saved info? (aka setup email accounts, saved contacts, etc.)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post
    This may be a dumb question.. but if we create our own custom firmware, will it effect our contacts and pictures and saved info? (aka setup email accounts, saved contacts, etc.)
    Nah. An iTunes sync would restore it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

no

Thanks

Will this let you implement themes and background pictures for your homescreen?

Developer
    Thanks

it will let you do pretty much whatever you want. You can create a firmware where it doesn't even use the SpringBoard and used XLaunch instead if you really wanted to.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

Jobs (04-05-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    Are you sure 1.2 is in the torrents? I know that the new build, 2.0, or build 5A225c has been leaked, but I have never seen 1.2, or build 5A147p out yet.
    Yea ur right so far i think only 5A225c was leaked (so i downloaded the 2.0 beta so ya i hve it) and then so far i dont think 5A147p has been leaked (anyone seen it?)... so is there a software than i can use to grab the appstore of it?

Thanks

@ King Chronic

Can it let you change the icons of the app and stuff too???
    GOD I HOPE IT COMES OUT TOMORROW OR TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for you quick answer ( will be sure thank you )
    Last edited by Jobs; 04-05-2008 at 07:49 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bilsta57's Avatar
    Thanks

Dam you guys are serious nerds.....nice ahahah when we all first started hacking the iPhone I didn't think we all could be this nerdy about a phone lol its all good though
    To check out my blog just type bilsta57 into the google search bar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kfgillette View Post
    OR it proves that, as I suspect, Jobs WANTS the hacking to continue because he can sell more phones. I'd put money on the fact that ATT is the driving force behind trying to shutdown the hacking community and plugging the holes used to exploit the iPhone.

Think about it, the more iPhones sold, the more money in Apples pocket, but ATT (probably) only gets money on iPhones sold in one of their stores and from selling rate plans. Of COURSE they want the iPhone NOT to work on other providers like T Mobile.

If it weren't for the enormous lawsuits that would come about from its discovery, I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that an Apple programmer or two are on the Dev Team.
    But Steve also receives a portion of the iphone plan so he makes more money there then he does selling the iPhone. That was the agreement between Steve and AT&T

cout << "When you think OS think Linux. The OS of Champions."

Green Apple
    Thanks

are you kidding me........a portion of a small service fee per select people in certain states in the US, vs 400$ /person worldwide? lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All I gotta say is I hope someone Smart Makes a Firmware that uses UMA so that people on carriers that support uma like T-mobile USA, Fido Canada, Rogers Canada and O2 and Orange in EU will be able to use the UMA plans when in wifi, its a match made in heaven, now someone really skillful has to make it happen.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

So does this mean that with this and pwnage that the dev team could theoretically make their own firmwares with their own updates for the iphone/ipod touch instead of Apple's?
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Default Simple Economics
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhez View Post
    are you kidding me........a portion of a small service fee per select people in certain states in the US, vs 400$ /person worldwide? lol
    You have to remember the over head with making the iPhone with buy the parts and paying the workers and so on so maybe Steve makes a 100 dollars on the phone why he receives 20 a month from each user so from one user on the AT&T network has paid after two year agreement 480 goes to Steve. I cant tell you his cut from other carriers I just know AT&T.
    Plus he doesnt have over head with collecting the 20 bucks cause AT&T has to deal with paying there workers to collect the cash. I don't even have a major in biz And I can see he makes more money with the service agreement than the phone. Its simple economics Do you really think the iPhone Cost 100 bucks to make HA. Not even even if apple made the chips they still need someone to make the materials to make the chips. And I seen the inside of the Iphone and there only a few chips that have the apple logo and that cause there Patent by Apple. And there still made by someone else. which translate to that company charging Steve
    for the chips and other electronics. You think they give Steve the parts out of there own good nature. Companies are in the biz to make money. Hence why Steve released the Ipod Touch to reduce cost. The more parts he orders from suppliers the cheaper its for him. If you have a big company of say 200 employees that will be given a iPhone then $48000 dollars per year compared to the $80000 he makes only once. And the 48000 is just profit. Cause with the $80000 doesn't have the overhead taken out of it. Lets say half goes to overhead he will still make more money at service. Remember a company doesn't jailbreak there phones its not illegal but as far as a companies stand point its not authorize by the manufacturer. I know Carriers overseas has to pay Steve for the phone to. Or they would not be mad at Steve for not trying to stop the phone from being unlocked.

Another little simple math figure for you if going of sale figure that I Know they beat say they sold 20 million phones world wide. Half Sold in the US and half sold oversea. 10 million sold in the us that leaves us say half are on AT&T Network the others and happy with there nice unlocked phone on there favorite GSM Carrier. That leaves 5 million Phones on the AT&T Network he makes 1.2 billion dollars just profit every year on the Service Agreement. Hers you go with the math cause I'm bad at it theres 12 months in a year times 20 dollars in kick backs gives you 240 dollars per plan times that by 5 Million gives you a nice profit of 1.2 billion dollars per year until the AT&T and Apple Contract is up after that he will make a Grand total profit of 60 Billion dollars. Compared to the one time fee you pay for the phone and then you have to minus the overhead if parts are made oversea which they are the phones need to be shipped world wide either by plane or boat. My odds are on Boat not plane since I had a job that received parts from china and they don't just send a few cases they send a whole container filled. To reduce the high costs of shipping prices.
    //Dont take my figures at face value there just reasonable figures I do know a single user plan on AT&T 20 dollars goes to Steve per month that I do know.// Just ask yourself this how does a drug dealer make his money. He makes it with repeat customers. Its all about the comeback. By the time Steve makes the phone work on another network there will be a phone out there better than the iPhone or the production cost will drop and hell pass the savings on to the customer. And sales will drop and Steve can only make money on peoples contract agreements or when your phone breaks he'll make the money on the phone then.
    Last edited by Linux4me; 04-06-2008 at 04:27 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wooo hooo!!! AMaZIINGGGG!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm really excited about this...pls release this software quickly...i really can't wait anymore... =P

Thanks

It is cause people don't think about the the simple things and before they open there mouth read or ask some at work how a company works. cause something is sold at price doesn't mean thats the companies profit. So I have to become a *****

iPhone? More like MyPhone oscar25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    Again, what you just watched was our proof of concept. This is definitely being worked on, don't worry. If it doesn't make our first release and we have everything else working except for this then we'll put it in 1.1
    So it'll be kind of like norton ghost for the iphone? Very cool!
    Last edited by oscar25; 04-06-2008 at 09:30 AM.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rubikscube View Post
    Yea ur right so far i think only 5A225c was leaked (so i downloaded the 2.0 beta so ya i hve it) and then so far i dont think 5A147p has been leaked (anyone seen it?)... so is there a software than i can use to grab the appstore of it?
    It's not available anymore anywhere. I saved a copy but I can't distribute it, plus it is expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobs View Post
    @ King Chronic

Can it let you change the icons of the app and stuff too???
    GOD I HOPE IT COMES OUT TOMORROW OR TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for you quick answer ( will be sure thank you )
    I don't quite understand. If you mean the boot up logo than we are working on that

Quote Originally Posted by oscar25 View Post
    So it'll be kind of like norton ghost for the iphone? Very cool!
    Pretty much

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast