+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Next Step in Modding - IPSWTool

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Is this an iPhone only program or van the touch be used for it as well? I haven't heard anything about the iPod touch being able to have its fw
    iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this an iPhone only program or van the touch be used for it as well? I haven't heard anything about the iPod touch being able to have its fw nodded nor have I heard anything about the state of the touch's 1.2 jb. Will someone be kind enough to fill me in?
    Please don't stop the music

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very nice i like it very much (borat)

Thanks

Thumbs up The Pwnage has open Pandora's Box
    The Dev Team has open Pandora's Box. And Apple, AT&t and Steve have to reap the whirlwind. Steve of all people should know that there are always some one smarter and brighter out there. It proves that the Dev Team is Smarter and Brighter than the programmers and developers behind the iPhone.
    Good Job Dev Team and anyone else behind the scenes that made a contribution to this Application.

cout << "Pandora's Box is Open\n" << "Steve reap the whirlwind\n" << "HA HA HA HA\n"

cout << "When you think OS think Linux. The OS of Champions."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linux4me View Post
    It proves that the Dev Team is Smarter and Brighter than the programmers and developers behind the iPhone.

OR it proves that, as I suspect, Jobs WANTS the hacking to continue because he can sell more phones. I'd put money on the fact that ATT is the driving force behind trying to shutdown the hacking community and plugging the holes used to exploit the iPhone.

Think about it, the more iPhones sold, the more money in Apples pocket, but ATT (probably) only gets money on iPhones sold in one of their stores and from selling rate plans. Of COURSE they want the iPhone NOT to work on other providers like T Mobile.

If it weren't for the enormous lawsuits that would come about from its discovery, I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that an Apple programmer or two are on the Dev Team.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kfgillette View Post
    OR it proves that, as I suspect, Jobs WANTS the hacking to continue because he can sell more phones. I'd put money on the fact that ATT is the driving force behind trying to shutdown the hacking community and plugging the holes used to exploit the iPhone.

Think about it, the more iPhones sold, the more money in Apples pocket, but ATT (probably) only gets money on iPhones sold in one of their stores and from selling rate plans. Of COURSE they want the iPhone NOT to work on other providers like T Mobile.

If it weren't for the enormous lawsuits that would come about from its discovery, I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that an Apple programmer or two are on the Dev Team.
    I'm with you on this one. Completely agree! What WILL be interesting is to see what will happen when Apple's commitment to AT&T reaches its end. Will Apple renew the commitment or will they sign a different provider? My bet is that they will simply sell iPhones via Apple stores and let people decide for themselves who they sign up with.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    With the release of PwnageTool we now have the ability to load unsigned firmware onto the iPhone / iPod Touch allowing for great advances in taking control. This is the next step created by theiphoneproject.

We are happy to announce that IPSWTool is coming to your computer soon!

YouTube - iPlus and iLiberty+ get PWNED

IPSWTool is the next step of building custom firmwares with the style and grace of iLiberty+. With IPSWTool you can create custom firmwares packaged will all the goodies already downloaded and inserted into the IPSW. These custom firmwares can be restored onto iPhones and iTouchs that have already been Pwnd. As you can see from the video / screenshots there are already some great application compilations to install with the BigBoss and CrashX AppPacks. Furthermore there are the thing you'd expect: BSD subsystem, SSH, Installer, and of course Cydia.

Another very cool feature that we hope is implemented in the final release of IPSWTool is the ability to change the OS and Media partition sizes. Why? It would allow you to restore a firmware onto your iPhone / iPod Touch that already has plenty of free space for all the cool Applications that have been developed; getting rid of the need to move your Applications, Ringtones, etc around.

Look forward to this great Application!
    hahahaha wow guys. if you thought that THAT was amazing, just wait until release. this was just the proof of concept. the final build will have much more

for some more info check out here:
    http://chronic-dev.org/pwnage:ipswtool

Quote Originally Posted by brando087 View Post
    will it be for windows also?
    Not initially, but it's being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by rubikscube View Post
    you guys know what this means?? we can use this tool to input installer/cydia into the fw 2.0 and that means we can probably unlock it using an anysim like ui.. and that means we can also download the Music store/app store back onto the phones.. meaning WE CAN HAVE A COMPLETE 2.0 FW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ehhhh, not exactly. You can probably grab the app store from the 1.2 fw (older 2.0 build) if you want that, but Installer has to be re-compiled by nullriver in order to work...

Quote Originally Posted by exg5 View Post
    This is pretty cool, but I think the ultimate tool would be one that can capture the current state of your iPhone to a firmware restore... as in it includes all the applications you currently have installed, your summerboard and customize themes, etc... so that when you restore your back to where you were before.
    As I said earlier, the final build will have many more features, this was just a proof of concept

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    So this tool wuld let us edit the boot image and the systems images???
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by screamo View Post
    Is this an iPhone only program or van the touch be used for it as well? I haven't heard anything about the iPod touch being able to have its fw nodded nor have I heard anything about the state of the touch's 1.2 jb. Will someone be kind enough to fill me in?
    Pwnage Tool works fine with the iTouch, and this will too
    Last edited by King Chronic; 04-05-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

brando087 (04-05-2008), fmg00 (04-05-2008), rotaryheadrx7 (04-05-2008), screamo (04-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i want to use my iphone as a modem for my MacbookPro without tinyproxy or anything like that. Open the bluetooth-connectivity. Will it be possible with this tool or with pwned?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Monster Packs Here We Come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Like I mentioned on their site, they should really look into something like iAppCat where you can go around the site, go through every Installer repo and pick and choose what apps you want to put into the firmware. After you are done picking, then make the custom firmware and you should be good to go...

Green Apple
    Thanks

what does the crashx app do and what does the bigboss app do ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All I can say is "WOW"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    hahahaha wow guys. if you thought that THAT was amazing, just wait until release. this was just the proof of concept. the final build will have much more

for some more info check out here:
    http://chronic-dev.org/pwnage:ipswtool

Not initially, but it's being worked on.

Ehhhh, not exactly. You can probably grab the app store from the 1.2 fw (older 2.0 build) if you want that, but Installer has to be re-compiled by nullriver in order to work...
    umm.. how exactly wud u grab the appstore from the 1.2fw (2.0 build)? is there any software that does this or smthn?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rubikscube View Post
    you guys know what this means?? we can use this tool to input installer/cydia into the fw 2.0 and that means we can probably unlock it using an anysim like ui.. and that means we can also download the Music store/app store back onto the phones.. meaning WE CAN HAVE A COMPLETE 2.0 FW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    whoa! i didnt even think of that!!!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

WOW...I can't wait...even tho I'm still waitin on the windows version of pwnage...I'm sad now

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

So what does "coming soon" mean?.... I hope no more than a week or two

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

oh wow, things are about to get ridiculous... haha
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

well have to wait till next April 1st for it now LOL

Thanks

GUYS!
    there is a new update for itunes (btw im on windows)
    can someone check if the custom .ipsw still works!!!!!
    cause im hoping it does..
    =D
    cause im still waiting for the windows version of pwned

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank You for sticking it to the man! The world needs more people like you guys! Corporate BS can't always win and they need to know that! Do you think that somewhere along the line you and the Dev team will be able to modify a flash plugin to work with this now that you can modify the ISPW? I would think it would be easier now? Let us know... and many thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KeviN | NiveK View Post
    GUYS!
    there is a new update for itunes (btw im on windows)
    can someone check if the custom .ipsw still works!!!!!
    cause im hoping it does..
    =D
    cause im still waiting for the windows version of pwned
    it does

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sogo For This Useful Post:

KeviN | NiveK (04-05-2008)