Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Linux Logos/Images

Default iPhone Linux Logos/Images
    I have compiled a couple of images with photoshop for iPhone Linux. These are just suggestions for logos and other parts of the site. If you have any ideas for a logo I will be happy to make it in photoshop.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to macmasterhacker For This Useful Post:

sandwicheguy (05-27-2008)

looks good just one question what features would you have if you have linux on your iphone?

well, for instance you could have a more common programming language, this means many more people could develop great applications for the iPhone. It would also in essence turn it into a portable computer. And also gives apple a good kick in the face!

Linux?

Really?.. People want to go with another Unix Based system!?

Come on people, we all know Windows has the greatest amount of Developers out there.

Why can't we boot windows!? Everyone loves windows!
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Linux?

Come on people, we all know Windows has the greatest amount of Developers out there.

WINDOWS! Bahahaha. I hate Windows. I would NEVER boot my Phone with Windows.

Plus, it would never work! It's too resource consuming. And is just a load of crap.

I'm insulated that you suggested that, would taint our iPhones...

Sorry, just how I feel, and I'm sure that others would back me up...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Linux?

Windows? lol is all i can say..

holly thing you said ... windows? well for me it is a insult that mac made the iphone compatible to windows..... what a crap... but well, things happens..

please if you have an iphone & you love it.. remember it is from mac.

Linux?

loving the mac life.

Quote Originally Posted by m_alexandro121 View Post
    holly thing you said ... windows? well for me it is a insult that mac made the iphone compatible to windows..... what a crap... but well, things happens..

"what a crap"...lol i agree

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    WINDOWS! Bahahaha. I hate Windows. I would NEVER boot my Phone with Windows.

Plus, it would never work! It's too resource consuming. And is just a load of crap.

I'm insulated that you suggested that, would taint our iPhones...

Sorry, just how I feel, and I'm sure that others would back me up...

my house is insulated.. i think you mean you're insulted

Default RE:iPhone Linux Logos/Images!!
    Nice thread! I really like your provided information. It's really helpful for me.

Thanks a lot!

i believe he meant to say winBLOWZ.

haha, i use both osx and vista but i like both equally. maybe mac has a little bit of an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by m_alexandro121 View Post

Look Not everyone can afford a mac (16 year old here) and while leopard might be pretty good let me remind you that while everyone knows someone with a mac everyone else has about 3 pc's at home. It is very unfair that u would limit iphones to people with macs. as far as linux goes if u get a decent gui and it "works" then great! but I'm not booting if i have to deal with another cmd promt :-(

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles0 View Post
    Look Not everyone can afford a mac (16 year old here) and while leopard might be pretty good let me remind you that while everyone knows someone with a mac everyone else has about 3 pc's at home. It is very unfair that u would limit iphones to people with macs. as far as linux goes if u get a decent gui and it "works" then great! but I'm not booting if i have to deal with another cmd promt :-(
    LOL, I'm 16, I bought my own mac from my own hard earned money. And I love it. I would trade my 3 crap *** PCs for this baby any day!

Quote Originally Posted by tonez View Post
    my house is insulated.. i think you mean you're insulted
    Wtf are you on? I never said anything about a house...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

Linux?

i think i threw up a little the iphone has enough problems as it is with out windows
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

NEW ZEALAND -> drop me a line if you live here too
    Thanks

Default DOWN WITH WINDOWS, palm, and motorola, up with apple
    Linux?

linux is great and the next best thing would be to boot the actual OSX to iphone/itouch, now that would be marvelous, dont u ppl see wats happening, APPLE IS DOMINATING, WOOT, windows is bleeding money, vist failed and windows 7 is a sham all they have left is XP which is nothing compared to mac os, in the next year apple will put palm and motorolla out of business, both are loosing billions then enxt in appls target will be windows,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles0 View Post
    im 13 and i saved my money forever to get a mac, but it was worth it
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

whu windows that's a nono mister
    mobile ubuntu that's wath u want

The thing with Mac users is that they are never ready to accept when their company makes a mistake. Mac is flawless to them even the face of obvious mistakes and shortcomings. I agree that the iPhone is a wonderful phone, but it's far from perfect. Damn iTunes just lost my freaking backup files and says they're "corrupt" which is fantastic, I'm so glad that I was backing up and iTunes didn't think to check that it wasn't corrupt. I'm glad they shipped my iPhone 3G with a lower version of the software too, and that when I click "update" it can't find any updates. Apple wants me to hit "restore" and thus invalidate my backups. So, toss out all my SMS text messages because iTunes is the only way to back stuff up and i can't get my message out because Apple knows best.

Please get over it if you're the person who thinks Mac does no evil.

Anyways.
    Yeah I wouldn't want Windows on my iPhone, but I'd kill to have an open operating system on it. Damn iPhone is all locked up.
    Last edited by stormlifter; 07-20-2008 at 07:52 PM.

the linux kernel is scalable, which means you can put it on a wristwatch or a phone or a full blown 64 processor desktop workstation.

windows is better than linux, perhaps, in its own environment.. single processor desktop gui interface. and only in a few ways, and even then depends on the context.

haha im working on porting WM6 :P but I have to wait till he gets Linux running 100% to see how he did it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast