+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Linux Logos/Images

is a discussion within the

iPhone Linux

forums, a part of the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

section;
Originally Posted by mofolo Linux? Really?.. People want to go with another Unix Based system!? Come on people, we all know Windows has the greatest amount of Developers out there.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Linux?

Really?.. People want to go with another Unix Based system!?

Come on people, we all know Windows has the greatest amount of Developers out there.

Why can't we boot windows!? Everyone loves windows!
    dude seriously stop while your ahead
    www.ccbahamas.co.nr

Thanks

if (everyone loves Windows)
    then (2+2=5)
    else (null)

now seriously...
    If I would say I love system I would say Linux (and probably Mac OS when I will learn about it a bit) but never (never x100 here) Windows...iPhone would malfunction with Windows onboard...and there is nothing strange in it...Windows is too buggy to be called OS ]: >
    Linux Logo mmm...I have some idea maybe I will do it today ^_^
    [iPhone@SkyNet]# ./iPhone
    [iPhone@SKyNet]# configure
    Configuring..........Done
    [iPhone@SKyNet]# make
    Making..........Done
    [iPhone@SKyNet]# make install
    Installing..........Done
    [iPhone@SKyNet]#

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macmasterhacker View Post
    well, for instance you could have a more common programming language, this means many more people could develop great applications for the iPhone. It would also in essence turn it into a portable computer. And also gives apple a good kick in the face!
    Errm it is a portable computer. It just happens to also make phone calls heh.

Linux is cool. I like the fact that it has become so much more user friendly. Point and click! Sure beats terminal work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    WINDOWS! Bahahaha. I hate Windows. I would NEVER boot my Phone with Windows.

Plus, it would never work! It's too resource consuming. And is just a load of crap.

I'm insulated that you suggested that, would taint our iPhones...

Sorry, just how I feel, and I'm sure that others would back me up...
    I've been using Windows my entire life, and there are many people who would claim, very rightfully so, that Macs as a whole are a "load of crap" due to the fact that you pay immensely for the same hardware that we can get in our Windows machines but yet only have a "sleek" white exterier to show for it. The elitism shown in this thread is the very reason why people who swear by Macs are referred to as "Macfags" in nearly every technology forum I have ever visited.

Moving on, a specialized version of Windows XP such as Windows XP Embedded, which uses MUCH less resources than Mac OSX :*, or perhaps even Windows XP Tablet PC Edition could be used. It MIGHT work with a good deal of work, but due to overwhelming hostility displayed in this thread, I doubt any developers would want to poll us on such a possibility, which would be a great one as it would open up limitless oppurtunites for different programs to be run on our iPhones/iPod Touches.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Moving on, a specialized version of Windows XP such as Windows XP Embedded, which uses MUCH less resources than Mac OSX :*, or perhaps even Windows XP Tablet PC Edition could be used. It MIGHT work with a good deal of work, but due to overwhelming hostility displayed in this thread, I doubt any developers would want to poll us on such a possibility, which would be a great one as it would open up limitless oppurtunites for different programs to be run on our iPhones/iPod Touches.
    I could see a version of Linux or even Android running on an iPhone, but not any form of Windows (Mobile, CE, or XP/Vista Embedded/Tablet Edition). CE/Mobile is nowhere near great in usability at times and it continues to have issues with multitasking & stability. XP/Vista Embedded would be problematic as some would think that all XP/Vista compatible programs should run natively (from my experience with the embedded XP OS, that's light years from the truth), Embedded is fairly limited in programming options and, correct me if I'm wrong, requires licensing for public use (which would be the case here).

Linux already has a great ARM-based setup (Zaurus and the next version of Palm expected to be *nix-based) and since both iPhoneOS/X and Linux are fairly POSIX compliant programs only need recompiling for cross-platform support (which is good). Android itself seems great as the OS seems to be just as potentially powerful as iPhoneOSX and Linux and has a good SDK with it. I'm not sure, but Android might even be POSIX compliant, making it a good choice for developers wanting to make cross-platform programs.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 11-12-2008 at 07:15 PM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Green Apple
    Thanks

id love to run Android OS on my iphone just to see what its like considering apple has so many restrictions >.<

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12