Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: When is it coming????

Well it is already running on a linux kernel atleast. Plenty of work to do, but it's running over a slimmed down darwin kernel so it would be cool to see some progress on this.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Well it is already running on a linux kernel atleast. Plenty of work to do, but it's running over a slimmed down darwin kernel so it would be cool to see some progress on this.
    Darwin is not Linux. It is derived from BSD and uses a variant of the Mach kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Hmm... You wanna say, that today there's no way to avoid usage of native darwin kernel?

Quote Originally Posted by ma5t3rw1tt View Post
    portable backtrack version of linux would be awsome on the iphone & ipod touch.
    That was the first thing I thought of when I heard iPhone Linux!!!

i'd love a linux based os on mi itouch i has ipod linux before and it was awsomm
    oh yah i wana be beta tester 4 this as long as it doesn't harm my ipod

Quote Originally Posted by ayan View Post
    i'd love a linux based os on mi itouch i has ipod linux before and it was awsomm
    oh yah i wana be beta tester 4 this as long as it doesn't harm my ipod
    That is the worst post I have ever read in my life lol. ipod linux will be nothing like the version they come out with for the iphone, if they come out with one at all.

And by the way being a beta tester means you are gunna be the one to test and find out if it harms your ipod lol! You can ALWAYS fix a software caused error anyway though so go ahead and try what you want, but there is nothing to test ATM.

I't been nearly a year now, is linux for iphone dead?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by friendproject View Post
    I't been nearly a year now, is linux for iphone dead?
    I'm wondering too! it sounded exciting
    16GB Black iPhone 3G 3.0

15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.5.6

12" PowerBook G4 OS X 10.5.5

last i heard ubuntu mobile was more of a UMPC solution?
    i think a highly modified version could work for the iphone...

- at least if it could be ported to the iphone you would have flash

Has anybody seen anything from the directors of this project since march? i would love to see a working version of linux on the iphone/Ipod touch. And i have been following their website for about a year, but i am afraid they have given up :-(

Any news would be very nice

Site seems to be gone. =(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12