Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Android

Default Google Android
    I think porting the Google Android OS to the Iphone would be very cool.
    It's running Linux also I believe.

I agree. Android would be so much better on the iPhone.

that would be really awesome... I wonder if it's possible

Its possible.

Here is the kernel repository git.android.com Git I think if anyone wants to take a peak.

They should have the hole thing open sourced and documented by the end of the year.....so they say.

So let's get on it. A gazillion dollars to whoever does it. I'll kick in the first
    $50 zillion.

this would be very very great to have andriod running on iphone and even great it multiboot...

I've been wanting this to happen ever since they announced android

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Byrus View Post
    So let's get on it. A gazillion dollars to whoever does it. I'll kick in the first
    $50 zillion.
    I'll take your word on that!
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

Ever since the dev team figured out how to boot custom firmwares I have been hoping this would happen

The iPhone doesn run linux, it runs Unix which is a common foundation with linux but is running a darwin kernal that linux doesnt have. Also even after someone figures out how to completely hack iBoot to run a different OS we have the whole issue of getting drivers written and common code running. After that it should be fairly simple since android supports the iPhones ARM processor
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rusty778 For This Useful Post:

dhruvmalik (10-11-2008), graytman (05-23-2009), Tuna_Oddfellow (11-05-2008), vinay427 (11-07-2009)

iAndroid please!
    i is teh 1337 pwnsauce

Android ROM dump! Strait from the G1. Could be useful to someone.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    Last edited by jimbeam4581; 10-20-2008 at 12:58 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jimbeam4581 For This Useful Post:

xXmodxmanXx (05-13-2010)

Thanks jimbeam, I believe looking at ROM dumps is incredibly interesting, and I couldn't for the life of me find a good one.

I hope this happens asap.

Thanks

if you look on ifortners forum there is a video of a 15 year old Norwegian who has ported windows mobile to the iphone. Its beta now and it works like boot camp when you turn on the phone giving you the option to choose from apple os or windows mobile. He said Jan or Feb (cant remember) 2009 so we can hope to see that soon :-D
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

its not real, you cant tell hes just playing a video by how quickly windows mobile loads and how buttons are pressed on screen when hes not even touching it.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    its not real, you cant tell hes just playing a video by how quickly windows mobile loads and how buttons are pressed on screen when hes not even touching it.
    Yep that video looks fake to me also. Like the part where he got the calender to pop up without actually touching anything on the phone at all..

Anyway I have Google Android running on my AT&T Tilt. It's almost 100% functional but missing the #1 feature for a phone... The ability to make and recieve calls, LOL. It's cool though because you can play with the OS and get a feel for it. People are working on figuring out how to enable the radios to be able to have a functional phone with calling abilities but until then I'm gonna keep the android os running on my tilt anyway just to play around with it. I have my iphone to make and recieve calls from.

I hope Android is ported to the iPhone soon!

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

I would put Android on my phone. I'm interested in porting it over. I don't use my iPhone's radio technologies (except for Wi-Fi).
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast