Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Load Custom App Onto iTouch

Default Load Custom App Onto iTouch
    I'm currently in a project design class in college, and we want to create and then load a custom app onto an older iTouch.

Assume the iTouch is jailbroken and we have the app itself (ready state, so could upload to the app store if we wanted), is there any way to simply load the app directly from the computer to the iTouch?

If this isn't possible however, is it feasable to create a temporary Cydia repository free of charge?

So I suppose my question is this: what is the best way to get a custom made iTouch app onto an older model iTouch.

Running Windows 7 (able to boot Ubuntu or another Linux OS if needed) on a Samsung laptop.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

Well, what your asking about doing is possible. I can help you with creating a repo for Cydia, (it's free).
    Welcome to MyRepoSpace.com - Create your Free Cydia Repository, Follow Cydia Developers and more

There are also ways to install apps on jailbroken devices, but giving you that info (even though it is a school project) would go against our forum rules about pirating apps/warez etc. Not suggesting that you would pirate apps, we just don't want to give people that type of info.
    Google is your friend.

Creating your own repo on Cydia is probably the best way to do it, and only you (and whom ever you give the URL to) will have access to it.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-09-2012 at 04:38 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

CHark80 (10-09-2012)

Ok, cool, thanks!

Like I said, it's an app we developed ourselves, and although I'm very schizophrenic, me pirating it isn't an issue :P

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

No worries, glad to help.