Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Extract .app from .ipa without hanging on Default.png

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Extract .app from .ipa without hanging on Default.png
    Hello, I have a .ipa file that I wrote which I want to make available on Cydia. I tried extracting the .ipa with 7-Zip/WinRAR, and putting the .app inside /Applications with WinSCP. I also set the permissions of the entire directory (recursively) to 755 (rwxr-xr-x). When I resprung, the App Icon appeared on the SpringBoard, but when I launched it, it never left Default.png (the loading screen).

Notes:
    1. The app is cracked (IT'S NOT PIRATED). I wrote the app myself but I didn't pay Apple 99 dollars a year for the development certificate (I'm also not 18, so I can't even if I want to).

2. The app works fine when I sync it from iTunes (with *******, see 1.).

3. I know it's not a UNIX permissions issue because if I forget to give it execute permissions, it won't even get to Default.png, it will just crash right back to SpringBoard in an instant.

Does anyone know what I can do to get the app working when in /Applications? I need to do this to put it on Cydia.
    Don't rewrite your permission groups, that involves reinventing the wheel!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thebombzen For This Useful Post:

sp2304 (07-10-2013)

Are u tried ldone? But I think not ldone is the error because it need to crash after open if not signed with ldone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheCydie View Post
    Are u tried ldone? But I think not ldone is the error because it need to crash after open if not signed with ldone.
    I'm not sure how I would sign it with Idone. Can you explain or point me in the right direction?
    Don't rewrite your permission groups, that involves reinventing the wheel!