+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to build the app in xCode 4.3.2 for Cydia when having OK Apple certificate?

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
    hew
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question How to build the app in xCode 4.3.2 for Cydia when having OK Apple certificate?
    Good evening, morning or what it now might be around the world.

I started programming for iOs this summer and now i want to let my friends test my app.

The app is built for 5.1.1 in xCode 4.3.2. Thanks to my school i can test my app on my device as well as in the simulator, but not distribute at appstore.

I have succeed to install my app on a device that is not registred in the school program, by placing myProgram.app in /Applications and create two Document folders with 755-rights.

Now i want to share the app to people that canīt do such "advanced" things, and I guess my only chance without paying 99$ is Cydia.

I am registred at myrepospace, where I have created a repo, which i can access in Cydia. I have also succeed to upload an app to that repo and download it, but the app never displays on my springboard, so I assume something is wrong with the files I did sent to myrepospace.

On their site the have something called iDeb, which creates the deb-file, which later will be uploaded. iDeb

So I guess my problem would be solved, if some kind sould could tell me how to cuild/create the right thing in xCode.

I guessed it would be right just to take the .app which worked to install and run using SSH, but I was wrong.

I have been trying and searching a few days, and I really would appreciate if someone could get me in the right direction.

Thank you everybody, and have patience with bad question, this is my first question (second try).

Have a nice day/morning, evening!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hew View Post
    Good evening, morning or what it now might be around the world.

I started programming for iOs this summer and now i want to let my friends test my app.

The app is built for 5.1.1 in xCode 4.3.2. Thanks to my school i can test my app on my device as well as in the simulator, but not distribute at appstore.

I have succeed to install my app on a device that is not registred in the school program, by placing myProgram.app in /Applications and create two Document folders with 755-rights.

Now i want to share the app to people that canīt do such "advanced" things, and I guess my only chance without paying 99$ is Cydia.

I am registred at myrepospace, where I have created a repo, which i can access in Cydia. I have also succeed to upload an app to that repo and download it, but the app never displays on my springboard, so I assume something is wrong with the files I did sent to myrepospace.

On their site the have something called iDeb, which creates the deb-file, which later will be uploaded. iDeb

So I guess my problem would be solved, if some kind sould could tell me how to cuild/create the right thing in xCode.

I guessed it would be right just to take the .app which worked to install and run using SSH, but I was wrong.
    That's not "wrong".
    There (might) be a few other things you'd need to additionally,
    depending on the file permissions and codesign status of the app.
    iDeb may fix some of these things for you (and package it up for you). I'm not familiar with it, though.

The .app directory should be readable and executable by all users, writable by owner.
    the executable within it should also be readable and executable. Other files should be readable.
    The app should be installed into /Applications/Myapp.app/
    You can fix the code signature directly on your device with "ldid /Applications/Myapp.app/myapp"
    or with the codesign tool under OSX (try googling for more info on that)

It might be easiest to fix the code signature and permissions on your device and create the deb package there, and THEN send this to the repo for public distribution.

I have been trying and searching a few days, and I really would appreciate if someone could get me in the right direction.

Thank you everybody, and have patience with bad question, this is my first question (second try).

Have a nice day/morning, evening!

hew
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    That's not "wrong".
    There (might) be a few other things you'd need to additionally,
    depending on the file permissions and codesign status of the app.
    iDeb may fix some of these things for you (and package it up for you). I'm not familiar with it, though.

The .app directory should be readable and executable by all users, writable by owner.
    the executable within it should also be readable and executable. Other files should be readable.
    The app should be installed into /Applications/Myapp.app/
    You can fix the code signature directly on your device with "ldid /Applications/Myapp.app/myapp"
    or with the codesign tool under OSX (try googling for more info on that)

It might be easiest to fix the code signature and permissions on your device and create the deb package there, and THEN send this to the repo for public distribution.
    I LOVE u man! It works, never been this happy. Everything was so easy, so I did not believe it at all. For example the ldid command didnīt even say anything about finished or so.

For everyone, this is how I did:
    1) I compiled the file in xCode for my device.
    2) In this folder i got the MyApp.app : /Users/xxx/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/xxxxxxxxxxxx/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/
    3) I copied it to my device, /Applications/ using Cyberduck (osX) winscp(win)
    4) Edited the MyApp.app and changed the permissions to 755, recursive
    5) downloaded ldid from cydia (think it was from hackle.us source)
    6) downloaded mobile terminal from cydia
    7) opened mobile terminal, typed ldid /Applications/MyApp.app/MyApp
    8) Created an account at MyRepoSpace.org, and created my own private repo there
    9) Copied the MyApp.app from /Applications/ on my device back to the computer
    10) created a directory called Applications and put my MyApp.app in there
    11) zip it and rename to MyApp.zip
    12) Upload at myrepospace.com/ideb

DONE!
    Last edited by hew; 08-27-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: I made it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Red face making deb for cydia with existing developer license
    Hi,
    I am new with ios app. I have a developer license(99$/year). So can i signed the app with my license key and submit it to cydia? OR i still i have to use the fake code sign?

Your help is much appreciated.

PS: I can create ipa file(as i have developer license) and installed it to iphone via iTunes. but wen i use iDeb it show blank springboard

Regards;
    Last edited by chamroeun; 11-15-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks

Your best bet for cydia apps and tweaks is to use THEOS, it's what majority of cydia developers use