Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with making a simple Cydia tweak

Default Help with making a simple Cydia tweak
    I'm relatively new to the developing world (I'm a systems student, currently learning Java) and am very interested in creating a simple tweak for iPhones that replaces a file in a certain folder of the device. I've done this manually, by using DiskAid to place the file onto the folder right from my computer, but am looking to create a little tweak that can be used by anyone with a jailbroken device. I'm looking to learn, so any links to tutorials, tools and such would be great. I own an iPhone 4 and a Mac, with access to windows, so no compatibility issues there. Also, I've heard about a tool called Theos... Is it as great as people claim it is? Thanks for your time.
    15" 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD @ 7200 rpm.
    32GB iPhone 4

iFile is a jailbreak application that allows you to browse your entire iDevice file system. You can do pretty much anything on it and it is laid out exactly how you would see it on a Mac. Theos is great i use it all the time, but there is no GUI its all done through terminal

My advice to you, learn Objective-C well before even starting jail broken development. There is absolutely no point diving into Theos, etc without a basic knowledge of Objective-C.

I love Theos, but thats my opinion. I conveniently code and compile on the device itself. If I may say, couldn't you just use Winterboard to replace files? I think it works with more than just icons...