Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing packages from backup offline

This should work. You'll have to move this version of OpenBackup to the AutoInstall folder because the one on the server isn't programmed for this. http://db.tt/QBHEIFo7

Thanks
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    This should work. You'll have to move this version of OpenBackup to the AutoInstall folder because the one on the server isn't programmed for this. http://db.tt/QBHEIFo7
    Sweet! Rebooting her phone now!
    ---------------
    I'm about to start playing!
    ---------------
    Here it is! Now to read what does what!
    ---------------
    Curious: what do the Download & Install buttons do?
    ---------------
    Alright, I found the location of all the debs and have them safely stored in Dropbox (the OpenBackup.zip file). If, hypothetically, I Jailbroke my iPhone 4S tomorrow. What are the steps I would take to get these installed? Thanx again!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1326692007.916812.jpg   -imageuploadedbymodmyi1326692737.155642.jpg   -imageuploadedbymodmyi1326693830.748496.jpg  
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-16-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Did you get a MoveToAutoInstall folder?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Did you get a MoveToAutoInstall folder?
    Yes, it's in that zip folder. What do I do w/ that?

When you want to restore your packages and don't have OpenBackup installed, you move the debs from that folder plus the OpenBackup.deb I just gave you into /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall and reboot (once or twice, as long as the OpenBackup icon shows up). Hopefully all of the dependencies are in that folder, I'll make sure some time today. If not, I'll be able to tell you the files to move from OpenBackupDebs. Then you make sure OpenBackupDebs is in /var/mobile and press the "Install" button in the OpenBackup app and reboot again. I should have a version later that also restores your Cydia sources from the /var/mobile/Preferences/OpenBackupFiles/bckup.zip file.

Thanks

@Zokunei,
    So what's the status on your app? Has it been submitted & published, yet? I wanna tell my friends about it! LOL!!!

It should be submitted within a few days after I make sure all of the dependencies for OpenBackup are downloaded into that folder and such.

Thanks

Cool. Good job Z. Seems like you got it. I've got a script that'll use the status file and grab all debs installed on your phone and store them to which ever directory (you designate) then it takes and ssh them to my NAS or computer. Then I've also got one that goes the other way from NAS to phone then installs them all and reboots. It Command line though and works perfectly on 3GS and 4 which was my goal. It requires ssh or mobile terminal to use.

I uploaded a version to Dropbox that downloads all of the dependencies for OpenBackup to the MoveToAutoInstall folder and restores the contents of bckup.zip when you press the "Install" button. You can get it from the same link I posted earlier. Uninstall the current version you have before installing this one.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456