+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme It App Winterboard Replacement!!!

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hello everyone, yes this is going out to everyone in the iCommunity. If you are an objective C programmer or a jailbreak app dev and want to take part in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Theme It App Winterboard Replacement!!!
    Hello everyone, yes this is going out to everyone in the iCommunity. If you are an objective C programmer or a jailbreak app dev and want to take part in something that will change the community keep reading!!.

Okay so all of us know that winter board is useless it is outdated, broken, and just ready to be replaced. Theme It has been wanting to do this for a long time, but there is a problem. None of the dev's know how to do this so we are looking for some who do! This will eventually be built right into the theme it app for fast theme switching.

If you are interested please contact @Themeit_app , if you can not get a hold of them for some reason please contact myself @Nucleiosis or @EddieLeonard on twitter and we will get in contact with them for you.

Everyone please contribute, we know most of the people out there are waiting to throw winter board off the roof with a more cleaner stylish better working solution and who else to do it but @Themeit_app ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

doesn't dreamboard already do this?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,102 Times in 248 Posts

Hi all, as most know i'm the creator/designer of Theme it app and in fact, we'd love to bring a much more secure and user-friendly way to apply themes, but as Nucleiosis said my devs (Theme it) don't know much on the 'image replacement' and we'd need help to get this project going.
    The idea would be to make a all-in-one solution, with cool features and allow more to be done for everyone (users and themers)

So if you think you can help, or know someone that could, please get in touch with us.

PS: thanks @Nucleiosis for launching this
    Visit FIF7Y.com for tones of great stuff : icons, wallpapers, iDevice themes, Mac OSX Themes, etc..

- Follow me on Twitter : @FIF7Y
    - Check out my YouTube Channel : FIF7Y on YouTube

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FIF7Y For This Useful Post:

JonnyBoy333 (07-13-2011), robinkkk (07-05-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pargoff View Post
    doesn't dreamboard already do this?
    Dreamboard is a totally different solution and system. We would like to keep certain way things are done like not using a bunch of .plists

Thanks

Umm im not really diggin this... UNLESS you integrate dreamboard into this so u can do both somehow, cuz i think everyone would agree that its a pain in the *** having multiple ways to customize. I wiah someone would integrate something like winterboard and dreamboard together. Its really annoying when u have multiple applications to do the SAME thing. I hope u understand what im trying to say(:

Thanks

I wish I could help out. I've been wanting a winterboard replacement for a long time now and I'm an avide user of themeit. Hoping for the best, good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,232 Times in 998 Posts

That would be damn awesome!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,102 Times in 248 Posts

@ indyracer05 : anything can be imagined... but first of all we'll need a base to start on.
    We have a big advantage already since we use our own deb files packaging and have a proper server so many things can be achieved but we must have someone to help us get things underway.
    Visit FIF7Y.com for tones of great stuff : icons, wallpapers, iDevice themes, Mac OSX Themes, etc..

- Follow me on Twitter : @FIF7Y
    - Check out my YouTube Channel : FIF7Y on YouTube